doctors

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
okay...this past weekend...one of my distant uncles had a mild heart attack at work...one of his co-workers saw him and called an ambulance...when they came and picked him up...he was back to normal...no pain...no nothing...when they got to the hospital the doctors did an x-ray and all that stuff...they said his arteries were clogged and was on the verge of rupturing and he needed immediate surgery...but my uncle was fine...he was talking to them...giving them information such as phone numbers to get in contact with his family...the doctors couldn't get in contact with any of the family members...so they went ahead with the surgery...no one signed any permission form for them to go ahead with the surgery...not even my uncle who was well enough to give them information...anyway, my uncle died on the way to the operating room (at least that's what the doctors are saying)...they said his arteries ruptured along to way and they couldn't do anything about it...BUT...they still went ahead with the surgery...they said they had to do the surgery becuz they couldn't get in contact with anyone in the family and he needed the surgery immediately...and my uncle wasn't well enough to sign the permission form for surgery (but yet he was well enough to give them information ...is it just me or does that sound fishy?)...not only that...if he died on the way to the operating room...what's the point of going through with the surgery????...and not only that...if it was just his heart...why the heck did they cut him open from top to bottom???...from his chest all the way down to his stomach???...and why the heck did they need to cut up his left thigh????... ...the doctors finally got ahold of the family 2 hrs after my uncle "supposedly" died on the way to the operating table...when the family got there...the doctors wouldn't let the family go see his dead body...they said there was a law stating that families aren't allowed to go see a dead family member's dead body ...the family asked if my dead uncle signed a permission form for the doctors to operate on him and the doctors said yes...so the family came back home...and called another one of my uncle (my mom's younger brother)...he went to the family's home and asked them what happened and if they've seen my dead uncle's body...the family said "no"...so my uncle got pissed off at the family for leaving the hospital without seeing my dead uncle's body...so he went to the hospital and almost got into a fight with the doctors becuz they wouldn't let him see my dead uncle's body becuz of their "supposed" law (whatever)...my uncle asked the doctors if they had any proof that my dead uncle's arteries were about to rupture and they said they did x-rays but they wouldn't show it to the family...then my uncle asked them if they had permission from my dead uncle to operate on him and if they did...he wanted to see the proof...the doctors said...there wasn't enough time to get the papers signed and that my uncle wasn't well enough to sign the papers anyway...(bullcrap...noticed the answer that the doctors gave my uncle was different from the answer that they gave to my dead uncle's family)...finally after hours and hours of fighting back and forth with the doctors about their stupid law...and the threat of a lawsuit...they finally let my uncle and the rest of the family go see my dead uncle's family...and my dead uncle was all cut up and stitched up

sorry for the long post...errrrrrrrrrrr...lol...

Oh, sorry to hear that ur uncle died while being operated. That story of the doctor is fishy. Since when did the law of not letting the family see the dead enforced. That is so weird and all.. Where i am from we are allowed to see the dead bodie... Hmm... Anywaise due to a heart attack and artery your uncle cut up, that is rather odd too... Whats up with the cut in the thigh anywaise. Shouldnt it jus be the chest and no where else. I aint a doctor and all but the surgery that happened on your uncle sounded like the doctor didnt know wat he was doing. If the family was to sue the hospital or doctor most likely they would win due to the odd and fishy story the doc was giving. HONESTLY with that kind of fishy story i would take it to court! :) Asking about the law and all the cuts your uncle got on his body. kekeke... Sorry for laughing!

Twinky

sarNie Elites
sorry to hear about your uncle..but hey I would say not to trust every doctor especailly when your asian..most doctor thinks that asians peeps are stupid and that their not going to do anything about it...if I were you I would hire a lawyer and do an investigation and sue the heck out of those doctor...sorry this is just my opinion...once again I'm sorry to hear about your ucle..I hope you guys will be able to find out the real true side of the story soon...

S

sunflower

first of all, i am so sorry for your loss.

that is a very fishy story like what everyone said. and all that about signing the paper stuff... when a person is alive and in a hospital, they are suggested to do a living will.. and the will differs according to the law of that state. with the living will, they appoint a reliable person who can make legal decisions for the person. without this will, that doctor was crazy to take the patient into the operating room. and a person going to an OR is suppose to have a family or guardian who can be reached and told about the patient's condition. if anything was to go wrong, the doctor is supposed to get ahold of the person who is the legal speaker and ask what the next step is.. if your uncle was to code during the times he was being taken to the operating room, his code status would be in affect. what was his code status, do you know? was he a full code, DNR, DNR/DNI? BUT in minnesota ALL PATIENTS who go into the operating room is a full code! that means, that the doctor or all hospital staff members are to save his life no matter what the case was.

with that being said... i can see that there was a lot of communication problems. that shouldn't of had been the case. your uncle's family member showed up at the hospital, why wouldn't they let them see him? do you know what that hosopital law was? i can maybe look it up at the hospital. and if he only had the heart attack i can check why his thigh was cut up.

i've never seen a person code and the doctor cuts up his thigh.. i've seen a person code in front of me and the doctors cut his chest open, but not the thighs. the reason they open up the chest is to shock the heart, so what were the cuts on the thigh? you should really get that clarified. and where he coded for real. during the transportation or the operating room.

bAyBeExPaZzIoN

sarNie Hatchling
sry to hear that ur uncle passed away...i think that was so messed of what the doctor did tho. i neva heard its a law u cant see a dead body...thats so weird...cuz wen my dad passed away my mom went in rite away wen the doctor told her wen he left. mann i hate doctors (sry no offends to the doctors out there). gosh wen my dad passed away they said that he died on the ambulance(sp?) i was like okay but y u gotta cut him open for. Plus wen they called home to asked my mom if they can have some organs of his my mom said no. but wen i got to the funeral i think they took something of his anyways cuz i c so many thing cut up on him...its just made me think that doctors arent doing there jod or sumthin...its just sad...

juicee

sarNie Elites
are you sure they actually took organs or did they do an autopsy and that would explain the incisions.

bAyBeExPaZzIoN

sarNie Hatchling
im not really sure what they did 2 my dad but i kno my mom n sis told them to stay away from his body n i dont kno if they did sumthin or not cuz my otha sis n i think they did. But i dont kno for a fact if they did or not. do u kno if they take away anything from dead bodies cuz i think his eyes are not there. i dont kno i just got a feeling that not everthing is there...so does my sis....

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
sunflower, we don't know exactly what happened while my uncle was on his way to the operating table and what happened while in the operating room...becuz the stupid doctors won't tell us anything...all they keep saying is that they're sorry they couldn't save him...as for the cut on his thigh...it's about 6 inches long and they won't tell us the reason why they had to open up his thigh...he was at hennepin hospital...and i've heard some not so great news about that hospital regarding hmongs ;)

Nameless

N i n j a
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

The whole world is corrupted and I bet doctors are up there with the cops. I say slap their arses with a lawsuit. What they did, should be explained.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Sorry for your loss Pa... :\

Fuck...of all books, I left the one I need right now.

Anyways, I read a book and in that book it said that NO ONE can stop the family from seeing a dead body no matter what.

Sure the nurses and doctors may refuse the first time because of how bad the body may look. (Bodies burned up, head crushed, etc...you know those stuff)...

In this case, the doctors have NO RIGHT to stop your family from going in to see him. They are wrong.

And you know you're going to win when you file that lawsuit.

Get them good.

S

sunflower

i talked with a senior consultant in the neuro floor and he told me that there should be no reason why your uncle's family members would be turned away. they could of had just pushed the doctors out of the way and demanded them to see your uncle. the only possible reason why the doctor i talked to would ever stopped a family member from seeing the body is, only if the body had a serious infectious disease that would need to be cleaned and prevented from spreading. and even than it would be up to the family members if they would want to expose themself to the body. the doctor said that he would keep the family members at the hospital until everything was taken care of and than let them see the body. i don't get the idea that your uncle who had a heart attack had a serious infectious disease that could harm other people, so i am still very clueless on why the family was turned away!

they deserve to be slapped with a lawsuit like how most of you said! GOOD LUCK!

Rakniran

Those damn doctor kill your uncle. Yeah,dont trust doctor too much especially that you are Asian. You should try to sue them. LIfe is so unfair.. SO sorry for your lost. I hope you win big money if,u decide to sue them. SHould sue them to teach them that asian wont take that kind of stuff toward them.I hate doctor.THey think they know everything and they are the best. I know that for sure cus my bf two brothers are a doctor and they are a big ass hole. THe whole family is too tell u the truth. SO ,dont trust doctor..they are BS..I hate having doctor in the family.THey acted like they are God. Damn them..

YOu go get them girl..DOnt let them go free. They are probably just laughing at you guys ,right now. They feel no shame..

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
sorrie to hear that...

damn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we can't trust all doctors... they're so stupid esp with ur story :wacko:

Bou

sarNie Adult
aww im sorry for ur loss...but grr...i think u shud take matters into ur hands right now and make them pay for what they did...i dont know how anyone can be that cruel and cold hearted....if theres anyone who can stop that from happenin in ur hometown its you and your family...its ur voice against theres!

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
sorry for your lost but it also seem to me that there's was miscommunication along the way .. but all in all .. LAWSUIT .. !! =) we support you all the way..