Drama! Kimberley's Fans Accuse Mint Chalida of Copying Her Style/ Tips on Hair Care

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I only have the courage to cut my bangs, but never my whole hair. Lol. I've had trials and tribulations with bangs. I'm mediocre with trimming them on my own now. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I have gone all out and do a pixie myself many times. Sometimes, it turned out good others not so much. But my hair grows very very fast so that's one reason why I explores with so many haircuts. But for the last 15 years I have been stuck with a pixie lol. My husband has lost hope of me ever having a long hair.

The only problem I have with cutting my own hair is cleaning up. I really hate it because I am such a messy person no matter what I do. Last year before my birthday was the shortest I ever went cutting my own hair. It was so short you can almost see my scalp lol. I wanted to hide my grey hair but in the process of cutting my own hair I actually forgot I had grey hair. When I was done cutting it, my grey hair was popping out like crazy. I think, I got scissors happy.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I wish I was able to rock a bob. My facial shape isn't strong enough to pull it off. I've always had waist length hair. I need a change but nothing ever looks right on me. I can't find a good stylist. Lol. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I feel fresh with a pixie as if I am grown up with a little edge. I am glad my face can sport it. In pictures I look horrible though lol. I have never been good with having long hair because it gets all over my face. I love when everything is away from my face. And I get bored with hair so fast. Not to add, if I wake up and wants a hair cut I get it done right away never think twice about it.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I have to do research first. Lol. I got so bored with my straight hair, I got it permed to be curly. I was going for the Shakira look, but it didn't turn out that way. After two months, I started straigtening it back and I was amazed at how nice I looked with straight hair after seeing myself with curly hair for so long. Haha. Oh the irony. The reason I got it permed was because I was bored with straight hair in the first place. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Talk about perm...in the 7th grade I went and got a perm. I thought it would look good but after the stylist was done I looked like a freaking old lady. It was one of those loose curls that is just ugly. Actually, it looked like those kind of curls on an old Asian lady. The hair dresser was trying to convince me I look good. She was...touching my hair and complimented me and guess what I did. I cried my eyes out. Once the tears started to fall I could not stop it. I just thought, I looked so ugly to be in the 7th grade.

Well, they had to call my brother to pick me up because I could not stop crying lol. It was at a non-Asian salon too. I think it was $88 for the perm. Back then, that's a bit of money for hair. Anyway, she didn't charge me because I hated it and the fact I cried too much to care if I did get arrested if I didn't pay lol

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Bad haircut STAYs with you for a long long time!!!! That's why I stick to one hairstylist and I've been going to her for 15 years. I once made a mistake of going to someone a friend recommended because mine was on maternity leave. I asked for beach wave and I got 1980' afro! Oh my Lord! I even asked beforehand if she is experienced in it and she said "oh yes I do several a eek cus it is all the rage". My foot! Wait no, my HAIR! I Was so pissed.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have a lot of hair but my hair is super flat and my hair strands are very thin. My hair does not hold in curl well even with the best hair gel and/or hairspray. I was thinking about a perm but after seeing my mom's, it frightened me. Good thing I had my mom go first. SO EVIL!!!

I usually tip according to how much my total is. But not always. If I am not satisfied and on top of that, bad service, I can get greedy with my tipping and not tip at all. 

Anyway I love how the subject changed to discussing our personal experience with salons and haircuts haha

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Me too...I tip them just as I tip people that do a good job. My face is not happy but my wallet is just fine. I feel bad because they work on tips. One time I went to tony & guy and my haircut and semi highlight cost me $115 and I tip him almost half. My husband was like, with your tip you can get another hair cut or two lol. I never did go back to him though.

The most expensive cost to getting my hair done was $155 for a highlight. It turned out just like something that would cost me $40. I never go back there again as well. So, now I go to the cheap ones at least if it's messed up I don't have to be mad at them and mad at myself for paying so much money for someone to messed my  hair up.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I have the opposite problem Fun, my hair is so thick, my curls never stay. I just discovered a trick though. Use extra strength hairspray and curl small sections. First spray a lot before curling and spray it all over again after curling. Don't curl your hair using the rod, but take the strands and actually wrap them around the rod. The heat has a better effect with this technique. I'm not sure if you understand what I'm trying to say.

And I have virgin hair. I never dyed it before. I'm scared. Lol. I have really dark black eyebrows so nothing looks right on me.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I would not spend that much on hair....but food is something else. We went to Tao in vegas...we were so hungry and just ordered and ordered. The thing is, their food is like a sample size. I mean, who would get full with that kind of meal. We end up paying $500 for the meal. And I don't think any meal is worth that much money anymore. I always think, when you eat then go to the restroom that's like letting all that money out in less than 30 minutes lol

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't normally spend that much either but I was having a pity bas7$@&0 broke my heart I need a new hair cut moment lol. It looked really good though but then I got tired of it after 6 months.

I would dye my hair but I hate putting Amy other type of chemicals like hairspray and gels. Weird huh? Lol.

Btw I think I'm due for A new cut. I want Kwan's hair!!!!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't comb my hair at all. I don't even own a brush. I color my hair a lot though. And now I think I might regret it. Cause my hair is fry and so dry. I bought 10 last week and thought it would work cause a lot of people like the mask. It wasn't bad $25. But does nothing to my hair. I cut my hair the other day, like boy short and it seemed to help with the fall and give it a chance to grow back. The only problem I don't look good with black hair. It makes me look too depressed.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Mahalo said:
I have the opposite problem Fun, my hair is so thick, my curls never stay. I just discovered a trick though. Use extra strength hairspray and curl small sections. First spray a lot before curling and spray it all over again after curling. Don't curly your hair using the rod, but take the strands and actually wrap them around the rod by. The heat has a better effect with this technique. I'm not sure if you understand what I'm trying to say.

And I have virgin hair. I never dyed it before. I'm scared. Lol. I have really dark black eyebrows so nothing looks right on me.
I understand. My curls does last longer when I do it that way but it won't last throughout the day.

My hair color is not naturally black. I have brownish black hair. Actually for all my sisters, we don't have black hair compare to my brothers. My natural hair color is the one to the left.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Reading all the comments.... oh dear.

I totally cut my own fringe/bangs now and even trim my own ends too. I've never been satisfied with a haircut. Granted I get one every 4-5 years. ahem.. lol I just don't trust people. I tell them to thin out a little but they take off a lot! I tell them I want it mid-back length but when it's done it's almost to my shoulders! Gaaaah. I just trim it myself now. Good thing my hair grows super fast.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Yeah, never tell them to thin your hair unless you have really thick hair.I inherit the true Thai hair where it isn't straight but isn't curly either I call it the I wasnt loved hair lol. Then to top it off, my HAIR was thick but due to some meds, it thin my hair.I'm using this product called avanti that works really great for thickening hair.

We are so off article but not off topic lol.