entering a pageant

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
since there's always the question of "what did she do to deserve the crown?" the answer is always "nothing. either she was selected to win b4 hand or the judges thought she would make a "difference" in the community"

i think girls who want to win the title of miss hmong whatever.. should perform a small duty first and present their contributions to the community during the pageant.. and then if they win.. they can expand their project or something similar to that...

because really.. going into the pageant.. people just enter for whatever and some girls win and don't really do anything for the community anyways... they should show to the panel of judges and community that they really DO have something to offer.

would it be a waste of time if she didn't win? yes and no. its not always about winning.. its about good deeds and helping the community.

this is just a thought...

what do you guys think???

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
i agree!
but sadly, i dont think this will matter to the judges
because Hlee Xiong who got 3rd place
she's the graphic designer
for 18 xeem magnazine
and she didnt get first place
although its not much
but that is something contributing to the hmong community.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i agree!
for 18 xeem magnazine
although its not much
it doesn't have to be anything that big... maybe serving some community service hours... or something to show that they are serious about the pageant... thay way people don't BS on stage because they know that they did work hard

Mae

sarNie Adult
i agree!
for 18 xeem magnazine
although its not much
Hlee Xiong is from Michigan but she competed and won the Miss Hmong Wisconsin pageant. That's one thing that gets to me, why do girl from a different state even think about running for a hmong pageant that's not even their home state. Are they that naive that don't care and just want to win? Grr...

Hlee Xiong is from Michigan but she competed and won the Miss Hmong Wisconsin pageant. That's one thing that gets to me, why do girl from a different state even think about running for a hmong pageant that's not even their home state. Are they that naive that don't care and just want to win? Grr...

I don't mind that girls from different states compete together..that actually makes it more exciting..talent from around the nation, the world..

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they care for the experience and the fun moreso than the crown and winning...so maybe girls who've already won a pageant from elsewhere (i.e different city, different state) want to challenge themselves with the Fresno Pageant ( as it is the last and biggest New Year celebration)...another note too..maybe since they won, they're sent to represent their city,state in the bigger final pageant..and if they win..kudos to them..if not..owell...

thats all i can c0me up with that are positives as to why they would enter....lols

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
the thing about girls winning a crown that isn't in their home state is that usually.. girls who are sponsored from farther locations are guaranteed victory...

annae

sarNie Hatchling
they should make a rule saying if you're from that state, you can only enter that state's pageant and no others states. ,,,

i 100% agree with you about girls entering pageants and not helping their communities at all.... I volunteer for the hmong new years committee and i got a chance to watch the pageant in Portland OR... 4 girls I knew from my area entered and they don't do sh*T for the hmong community.

Mai Mee

sarNie Egg
I think most of these girls have nothing to offer the Hmong Community!!! Just because you want to go to Thailand and give Hmong people free stuff doesn't make you a good role model. You should be able to prove yourself worthy before winning the fake crown not after you have already won. One main thing Hmong people need are more girls who are in higher education...not little girls out of high school who wants to do this for fun. How are you going to help the Hmong Community without the proper education and experience??? True beauty is skin deep!!!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
I think most of these girls have nothing to offer the Hmong Community!!! Just because you want to go to Thailand and give Hmong people free stuff doesn't make you a good role model. You should be able to prove yourself worthy before winning the fake crown not after you have already won. One main thing Hmong people need are more girls who are in higher education...not little girls out of high school who wants to do this for fun. How are you going to help the Hmong Community without the proper education and experience??? True beauty is skin deep!!!

that's why i'm saying that all contestants should have some proof of contribution presented as part of the pageant.