favorite laos food?

saonoy03

sarNie Hatchling
man guys all these pictures of these food makes me soooo hungry. i like all of them. its too bad im far from home so i can't have any for awhile but man you guys making me drool.... hahaha j/k

lil_beckie

sarNie Adult
m..yum..lool..yay tonight i'm eating sticky rice.........i can't tell the difference between laos and thai food..... :huh: ..only like tum som and som tum..

Vanida

Save World Save Life
lil_beckie said:
m..yum..lool..yay tonight i'm eating sticky rice.........i can't tell the difference between laos and thai food..... :huh: ..only like tum som and som tum..
[post="17013"][/post]​
"kao nyi" (sticy rice) with chicken and som tum taste so good with extra peppers and "bah dauck" (fish sauce)...there's not alot of Laos resturant over here or Laos Buffet

lil_beckie

sarNie Adult
Vandia said:
"kao nyi" (sticy rice) with chicken and som tum taste so good with extra peppers and "bah dauck" (fish sauce)...there's not alot of Laos resturant over here or Laos Buffet
[post="17366"][/post]​
Over here in Aus there's quite a lot of laos/thai restaraunts.......

missjoy

sarNie Elites
i know you all like to eat laos food, but can you make them? I can make anything but Larb and Kao Poon! that's because I don't favor them too much.. but if I like something, I will try to learn how to make it from my mom.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Do any of you guys like "Nam Kao?" you know where they mixed steam rice with eggs, coconut, meat, and you ball them up and then fry them. Then break them up and mix them with vegetables and Som Moo.

I love that. My sister and I used to make it all of the time, we even make it for people when they want us to for their children's b-day and such.

Gosh I want some food now.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Jane said:
Do any of you guys like "Nam Kao?" you know where they mixed steam rice with eggs, coconut, meat, and you ball them up and then fry them. Then break them up and mix them with vegetables and Som Moo.

I love that. My sister and I used to make it all of the time, we even make it for people when they want us to for their children's b-day and such.

[post="22735"][/post]​
mmm...OMG...i'm craving that right now! lol

saonoy03

sarNie Hatchling
Jane said:

[post="22735"][/post]​

hahahaha not a big fan of that but i always see they make it when i go to a lao party... my sister loves it though..

missjoy

sarNie Elites
Jane said:

[post="22735"][/post]​
i like to eat it once in a while but it seems so hard to make so I only get to eat it on special occasions...

you need to give us the recipe on how to make it... maybe we should start a Lao recipe thread!!! :)

donna

sarNie Adult
i love all Laos food...well except raw and under cooked stuff. i ain't gonna eat no squirrel, deer, frog and any other animals besides the basics(beef, pork, chicken) ^_^