[FF] My Silence, My Pain

Misslialover

sarNie Egg
Chapter 4

As Mint quickly set out the beautiful glass cups on each table, Grandma called her over.
Grandma: Leave those things there and go get dress. You won’t have time later; we need to introduce you to the guess too.
Mint: Ka.

Mint didn’t quite understand why she needed to be introducing to the guess. She was just the maid’s daughter, no more and nothing less.
                        Grandma: I had Pai cleaned the dress for you so there won’t be any flaws.
                        Mint: Thank you, Grandma.
                        Grandma: Oh, I almost forgot. Here’s the diamond necklace you’re mother (stopping) I…I meant I bought for you.
                        Mint: I can’t accept it. It’s too valuable for a servant like me.

Grandma: Remember what I told you? You aren’t a servant; you’re one of my granddaughters too.
                        Mint: Cop Khun Mak, Na Ka (smiles)

Grandma: Okay, no more wasting time. Go get dress. I’ll have Antai come do your hair.
                        Mint: Wait…Who’s Antai?

Grandma: Oh, she’s a hair designer. I told her to come do your hear for you.

Mint: Owwwiii ! Grandma, this party is for Mark, not for me.

Grandma: It’s a welcome back party for Mark but an introducing party for you.

After hours passed, guesses arrived and foods were served. Mark was still nowhere in sight.

Auntie Si: How come Mark isn’t here yet?

Grandma: I told you that you shouldn’t trust that son of yours!

Auntie Si turned embarrassed.

Auntie Si: Oh, look! Nayli and her daughters are here.

Grandma: Owwii. What are you standing around for? Go welcome them!

Auntie Si: Oh, Oh. Ka!

Frustrated out of her mind, Mint didn’t know what to do. How was she supposed to put on makeup or how was she supposed to wear high heels? She was just a servant; she basically knew nothing about the hi-so life.

Mint: Ummmm, maybe this is for the eyes? (Holding the lipsticks) Or is it for the cheeks? Maybe for the lips? UGH! This is irritating!

Without any more hesitates, she quickly glossed her lips and walked out the door.

Antai: What are you doing out of the room?
                        Mint: Well, I’m already done.
                        Antai: No, No, No ! We still need to do your hair, ka.
                        Mint: It’s okay. I don’t want to waste everyone’s time.
                        Antai: No can do. This is an order from Khun Lady.

As Mint sat down for Antai to prepare her hair, Mint couldn’t stop thinking about Mark. She just wanted to meet him already! Her heart pounded with eager & happiness as Antai puts curls on her hair.

(35 minutes passed)

Antai: and…….(putting in one last touch)……you are good to go.

Even Mint couldn’t realize herself. She has never been dolled up like this before. She stepped into her beautiful glass high heels and quickly down the stairs. Everyone was missing? They must’ve have all entered the ball room already.

Mint: Of course the ball room! It’s already 9 o’clock.

The guards bow in honor of Mint, even though she was just a servant. Nobody would’ve known cause of the way she dressed.
As the doors opened, all eyes were on her. The spotlight shined directly at Mint, creating her to glow. Embarrassed, she walks quicker to her grandmother.

Grandma: Mint, you’re here!
                        Mint: Ka, sorry for making everyone wait.
                        Grandma: It’s okay- (interrupted)
                        Auntie Si: Who do you think you are? You think your status is that high? Let me guess, you stole that dress and jewelries huh?

Mint was out of words. She didn’t dare to argue back.

Grandma: Watch your mouth! Mint didn’t steal anything, and she never will. I bought those things for her with my own money.
                        Auntie Si: But why Mom? You’re always spoiling her even when she’s just a servant-
                        Grandma: How many times do I have to say this? Mint Chalida is not a servant anymore. She is now part of our family too.
All boiled up with anger, Auntie Si didn’t replied.

Mint: Umm, please excuse me. I need to go to the restroom. I’ll be back in a bit.

Tears about to run from her eyes, she took the tip of her dress and ran to the ladies’ restroom.

*10 minutes later*

Grandma: Where is Mark & Mint?
Kim: Mark hasn’t arrived yet. I guess there must be traffic or something.
Auntie Si: Maybe Mint finally found out she doesn’t belong here and left *laughs*
Grandma: I think you’re the one who doesn’t belong here. You should really just be quiet!
Like always, Auntie Si didn’t have the strength reply.

Grandma: Oh Mark! He’s always making up lies to get away with things. Mhhhhhm.

Mark: Okay! Okay! Don’t worry. I’m already down stairs.
Mark quickly hangs up the phone.
                        Mark: Everyone just expects so much from me. Smfh!

He got into the elevator and started up to floor 8. As he got out of the elevator, he looked around to see where the room was in.

Mint wiped he tears away, as she tried to grow a happy face. She didn’t want anyone to know she was crying. Mint rapidly grabbed her purse and started out the door. Her feet hurt so much. It must have been the high heels. She couldn’t even stand any longer.
Grandma: Let’s go and look for these two. They are taking forever and it’s an embarrassment!

They all got up and on track out the door.

Mark was all focused on his watch; he didn’t care to look anywhere he was going. As he took a look, he collided with a woman. On top of each other, face to face, eyes to eyes, and nose to nose. Both of their hearts pounded ten times faster than usual.

Auntie Si: Mark!

She quickly ran towards them.  Mark & Mint both awaken from their daydream.

Auntie Si: Mark, get up right now!

Grandma and Kimberly both followed. Mark hurriedly got up and Mint after.
                        Grandma: *laughs* so, you both met huh?

Mark: Ka. This must be Chalida?

Not even seeing the face yet, Mint grin as she looks up at Mark.

Mark & Mint: KHUN! *pointing at each other*
                        Mint: Grandma, this is Mark?

Grandma: Yes, didn’t you say you really wanted to meet him honey?

Mint: If its’ this guy then no.

Mark: Oh ho! Like I wanted to meet a lady like this!
                        Mint: A lady like what huh?

Mark: Oh, you know. *looking at Mint’s body*

Grandma: You guys stop arguing already. I don’t remember ya being like this back then.

Mint: Sorry Grandma. Let’s just get back into the ball room.

Grandma: Ka, good idea!
Mint ignores Mark as much as possible.

Mint: *thinking to herself* this couldn’t have been Mark. He wasn’t this kind of person. He was nicer and such a gentleman. What happened? Oiiiii! What a shame -.-

Mark: *thinking to himself* she changed so much. God, it was a waste of time thinking about her all the time in the past. The old Chalida was nicer and such a sweet little girl. What happened? Oiiiii! What a shame -.-

They both stare at each other. As their eyes met once more, Mint quickly turned her head away.
                        Mint: *thinking to herself* don’t look! Don’t look!  

Mark: *thinking to himself* what are you doing? Oiiii.
Grandma went up to the stage and taps the microphone.

Grandma: Good day everyone. We’re very sorry for the stall, but now Mark Prin has arrived and the celebration shall start!
Mark stood up to make an intro and sat properly back down.

Grandma: And most importantly, I’ll like to introduce everyone to my very own granddaughter, Mint  Chalida.
Mint stood up and smiles brightly. All eyes were on her again.

Grandma: Today, we’ll be having some activities going on.  First of all, the honors dance. Mark, Mint, please stand up.
They both looked puzzled. Were they both really going to have to dance together?
                        Grandma: Step onto the dance floor, and let it begin.

Mint and Mark has been taking dance lessons in college, but things were just awkward. Mark strapped his arms around Mint’s waist, and pulled her in closer. Mint did everything to stay as far away as possible. She didn’t make any eye contact with Mark, even though they were only inches apart. She slowly placed her hands around Mark’s neck.

Mark: *whispering* Can`t you look a little happier than that? People are starring at us like we have some issues.

Mint: *whispering* this is the happiest I can fake & all those people are very correct.

Mark laughs. As they move with every step together, Mark pulls Mint in closer.

Mint: *whispering* What exactly are you trying to do here?

Mark: *whispering* If you know, you shouldn’t ask. That’s what we call a stupid question *smirks*

Mint smiled widely, and purposely stepped on Mark’s left foot.

Mint: Oh my! I’m so sorry. It’s not like I did it on purpose (mocking)

Everyone eye them carefully. Their faces filled with curiosity.

Mark: It’s okay. Everyone, I’m fine.

Mint laughs to herself. After 10 minutes, the song ended and Mint hurriedly went back to her chair.
Activities after activities went on.  

Kim: Mom, do you want any drink?
                        KM: Yes, honey.
                        Kim: What drink would you like?
                        KM: I just want plain water.
                        Kim: Ka, I’ll be right back.

Kimberly quickly stepped out of the dance room, and into the kitchen.

Kim: May I- (stops)

There was no one in there. Where were all the servants?
                        Kim: oiiii. They must’ve all enter the dance room.

She looked through the cabinets and took out a glass. Just as she was about to open the door, some pushes in. Kimberly spilled the water on his dress.
                        Kim: Oiiii.
                        Nadech: I’m so sorry. That was such an accident.

Kimberly looked up and saw it was Nadech. Puzzled, she quickly stepped back. In her eyes, Nadech was someone creepy. There was just something she didn’t like about him and for some unknown reason, she was…..somewhat scared of Nadech.

Nadech: Are you alright?
                        Kim: Yes, I’m okay. Nothing’s wrong.

Kimberly quickly wipes her dress and started out the door. Nadech followed.
                        Nadech: Excuse me, Kimberly.
She pretends not to hear and walked faster.

Nadech: Kimberly! Kimberly!

He quickly grabs her wrist.

Kim: Ummm, what do you need?
                        Nadech: I’m just wondering if you’re okay or not. You look scared.
                        Kim: No, I’m perfectly fine.

*sorry for the short chapter -.-

fantastic_27

''SMTown'
Its ok misslialover it was pretty long to me, and it was perfect hahahah Love it so much keep up the good work na ka joop-joop

Misslialover

sarNie Egg
              Chapter 5  

Kimberley quickly rushed out of Nadech’s sight.

Just as she was about to fade away, Nadech yelled out, “I know you’re not fine”

Kimberely paused at his words. Taking a breath, she didn’t turn back and kept walking forward. As she got back to her table, her mom stares in disbelief.

“What happened darling?” Her mom asked.

“Uh, well there was a little accident. Don’t worry. I’m fine now,” She said without hesitating.

“Oh, if so then, where is the water?”

“Oh, shoot! I completely forgot about it,” She answered, “I’ll go ask the waitress for glasses of water.”

Kimberley couldn’t get the thought of Nadech out of her mind.

“Ughhh, forget about him! There’s nothing wrong!” She yelled at herself.

Nadech was still stuck in that moment. He didn’t know what he did wrong for her to hate him this much. Evil filled Nadech’s eyes.

“If you want to hate, let the war begin!” He said.

Nadech walked back into the ball room, knowing he’ll eventually meet Mark. This thought made him eager.

“Mom, aren’t we going to greet Mark and his family?” He asked his mom.

“Oh, I forgot. Yes, yes we are.” She replied, getting out of her chair.

They both walked over to the table where all of Mark’s family members were sitting.

“Nice to see you, Mrs. Suparat,” Nadech’s mom said in honor.

“Oho, long times no see,” Mark’s mother replied, “How have you been doing, Mrs. Kugimiya?”

“I’ve been doing great as usual.” She answered, “Do you remember my son, Nadech?”

Mark’s mother nods in greeting.

Just hearing the name gave Mark a shock. He quickly turned over and saw it was Nadech. Despite the hatred, he quickly got out of his seat.

“Son, where are you going?” Mark’s mother asked, “Aren’t you going to greet Mrs. Kugimiya and her son?”

“Sorry,” Mark said,” I don’t have time for low life losers.”

Without any further words, Mark quickly stepped out of the group and went to the food court.

“Mark ka, Mark!” His mother called, “Oiii! I’m so sorry for my son’s behavior. Please forgive him. He’s still a little young to know his manners.”

“It’s completely okay,” Nadech replied with an evil smile.

Mint studied the looks on Nadech’s face.

“There has to be something wrong between these two,” Mint thought to herself, “Whatever it is, Mint Chalida will not give up on finding out!”

Not able to control her actions, as she thought of her pride, she stood up and raises her hand high.

Everyone looked at her.

“Chalida, are you okay?” Grandma asked.

Mint suddenly awaken.

“Uhhhh, mhm.” She answered with embarrassment.

Mint walked over to the food court as she followed Mark.

“Oiiiii, where did he go?” She asked, looking everywhere.

She kept walking and walking, to the every end of the food court.

“He has to be here!” She looked once more.

Out of nowhere Mark snapped out behind her and places his arms around Mint, cuddling her tightly.

“You’re looking for me because?” Mark questioned her.

“Just let go,” Mint struggled.

“Tell me first. Why were you looking for me huh?” He asked, “Miss me huh?” *laughs*

“Aha, you wish!” She answered, “Never in my entire life had I even thought about you while you were gone!”

Those words hit Mark really hard. He could felt his heart shattered and torn in millions of pieces. He tried to look strong though. Without any more laughs, Mark let go of Mint. He turned around, trying to hide his sadden face.

“Oiiiii! What are you doing, Mark?!?” He questioned himself.

He quickly turned around and started fake laughing.

“Are you crazy or what?” Mint asked.

“Mai, Mai ka,” He answered, “I’m just wondering why you came following me?”

“Uhhh….well…well…Your mother told me to come looking for you!” She lied.

“Oh, tell her I’ll go back after I’m done eating.” He said.

Mint left with no response. As Mint went out of vision, Mark backed up to the wall, and fell to the ground. His hands holding his head, he sat with sadness.

“Never in my entire life had I even thought about you while you were gone!” Those words flashed back into his mind over and over again.

“Funny cause all this time, I’ve been thinking about you,” Mark laughed in sorrow.

As Mint was heading back, she thought about what she had said to Mark. It wasn’t the lies that haunted her, but it was the stupidity that did.

“Sorry,” She whispered, knowing it did no help.

Kimberly tried to ignore Nadech’s eyes. She didn’t want look frighten of anything.

“Well, tonight is about to be over,” Grandma announced, “Let’s have our last dance for the night!”

Everyone rushed to the dance floor, leaving Nadech and Kimberly alone. Kimberly was freaked out.

“Oiii, what do I do now?!?” She thought to herself.

“Would you care to-“ Nadech’s words were interrupted.

“Nadech!” Aside stood Cherry, “I’ve been looking for you everywhere tonight.”

Cherry was an old friend of Nadech back in high school. Her dad was representing Nadech’s business and her dad had helped him reached to her title.

“Cherry,” Nadech said in annoyance, “What brings you here?”

“I went to see you at your office, but the workers said you came here,” Cherry answered.

Cherry looked around the table and saw Kimberly. Since Kimberly was ALONE with Nadech, she didn’t want to think any further.

“Uh, who’s she?” Cherry asked, pointing at Kimberly.

“Oh, this is Kimberly,” Nadech replied, “She is the daughter of Nayli.”

“Nice to meet you,” Cherry introduced, “I’m Cherry, the daughter of Khun Paravot.”

Kimberly smiled and excused herself out of the table.

Mint went to catch up with Mark.

“Mark, your mother is looking for you,” She told him.

“I know, I know!” Mark answered, “I’ll be there.”

Mint became annoyed of waiting and quickly hit Mark’s plate. Down came falling his food.

“What was that for?” Mark questioned, “I wasn’t even done yet!”

“I know you’re trying to ignore someone, but your mother really needs you,” Mint said.

“Ka, ka,” He replied, “After you, my lady.”

Mark smiled.

~im sorry for all the short chapters. i'll try to make the next one longer :)

Misslialover

sarNie Egg
Chapter 6 :dance2: 
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Just with a flash, the night had already ended. Mark lean over and fell on top of his bed. It’s been a very long time since he’s been able to sleep on it.

“Miss you, little dude!” He told his teddy bear.

As he looked at the teddy bear, millions of memories came into his mind

***FLASHBACK***

(6 YEARS AGO)

“It’s okay,” Mint said, “Just because you have no father for Father’s Day, doesn’t mean anything!”

“If it doesn’t then how come all the kids at school keep laughing at me?” He questioned.

“They laugh because they don’t have a heart,” She answered, “Mark, you have to be a stronger person.”

As Mint’s words slowly sank into Mark’s mind, a smile grew on his face.

“Just remember that you’ll always have me,” She said.  :dance1:

Mint handed Mark the teddy bear.

***REAL WORLD***

“Yes, I will always have you,” Mark grin and held the bear tightly in his palms.

….

“Help, Help!” Ali yelled all over the house.

Everyone quickly woken and checked up on her.

“What’s wrong?” Aunt Si asked.

“Khun…Khun…Khun Lady!” She answered, “She’s not breathing anymore!”

As they heard so, everyone rushed into Grandma’s bedroom.

There she lie in her pajamas, all covered with blankets, NOT breathing at all! Mint rushed over and started tugging on her shirt.

“Grandma,” She said, “Grandma, are you okay?”

Tears started down her cheeks as no reply came. :cry:

“Grandma, wake up. It’s already late in the morning.” Mint said, trying to hold her cry.

Everyone sigh and shook their heads in sorrow. This was the end.

…

Though sad at the cause of her death, Aunt Si was very well happy. That means the wealth will be all hers.

After the body was taken to the hospital, everyone sat in sadness.

“Now, we need to call the lawyer,” Aunt Si declared.

“Why?” Mint questioned, “Grandma just passed away, we haven’t even done her funeral yet.”

“We need to know who owns what,” She said, “If it doesn’t belong to that person, then he or she should leave this house!” *looking directly at Mint*

“If you want to, no one has to right to stop you.” Mint replied and left the room.

Mark followed Mint into her room. Just as she was about to close the door, he stops her and quickly pushed himself into the room.

“What are you doing?” Mint asked.

“I want to talk,” He replied.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” She said.

“Well, I have something to ask,” He responded.

“No, I will never do that!” Mint answered, knowing what Mark was going to ask.

“I didn’t say you did anything.” He said.

“I can see it in your eyes,” She said, “Everyone thinks I have something to do with this.”

“You’re right,” He replied, “Everyone does think that because you were the last person with her last night and you served her lots of drinks at the party.”

“I would never do such thing,” She told him, “And why would I want to kill grandma?”

“You want money from this family’s wealth to find your real parents.” He suggested.

“Smart thinking,” Mint laughed, “All those years in England actually paid off.”

“So, you’re saying you did do this?” Mark questioned.

“I don’t want any money from this family, not even one penny!” Mint said, “The only reason why I stayed her was the find the truth about my life. I want to know who I am and where I came from. I want to know about my parents, did I have any siblings, and JUST ABOUT MY LIFE. I didn’t stay here for anything else.”

Mint’s face dropped. She tried holding in her tears.

“If you’re done, then please leave.” She quickly pushed Mark out of her room and locked the door shut. She lean against the door as tears fell from her eyes.

“How can he possibly think that I would do such a thing?” She thought to herself, “Am I that bad of a person in his eyes?”

***FLASHBACK***

“Don’t cry,” Mark said, wiping her tears away, “It’s not your fault. My mom is just being too protective.”

“But your mom is correct,” She spoke softly, “You could have gotten hurt or damage.”

“Don’t cry anymore,” He confirmed, “No matter what happens, no matter what other people say you are always a good person in my eyes.”

***REALWORLD***

“I guess things changed,” Mint said.

Mark didn’t know what to do. He hesitated to knock.

“Mark,” Auntie Si said, “Come here son!”

“Sorry mom,” He replied, “I was just…um...talking with Mint.”

“That child!” She said in disgust.

…

“Yes, it is a really sad thing,” Auntie Si said, wiping her tears, “Such a bad timing too.”

“Don’t cry,” The Lawyer said, “She’s probably in a better place.”

“Yes, I hope so!” Auntie Si responded.

“Ka, should I read the display now?” She asked.

“Go ahead,” Auntie Si answered.

“I have written this just in case of an emergency,” the lawyer read, “I, Khun Jappita Ekkapong, will like to give 25% of the leftover land to my daughter, Si and 75% of the land will be given to her son, Mark Prin. There is also my house down at sea and I will give it to Mark also. As for my granddaughter, Mint Chalida, I give for full percentage of the main house and the hotel in Chang Mai. All of the mini houses go to my daughter Si.”

“This is not true, why would mother give her all those wealth?!?!” Auntie Si exclaimed.

“Wait...there’s more,” she continued reading, “If Si or anyone else disagree with me giving Mint the land, I have one for option: I want Mark to get marry with Mint. If they do get marry, the profit will be spilt. I will then divide the money equally. Si and Mark will both be in charge of the hotel. As for the main house, it belongs to Mint. If Mint chooses not to get marry with Mark and chooses not to keep the money, all of my wealth will be saving for grandchildren only!

Written by Khun Jappita Ekkapong.”

“That can’t be right!” Aunt Si shouted, “How can Ma do that?”

Everyone’s eyes were on Mint.

“Please calm down,” The Lawyer stated, “Mint stills have to make her decision.”

“Can I please have more time?” She questioned.

“Most certainly, yes.” She answered, “I’ll give you 2 weeks.”

The Lawyer packed the paper and left.

Without any further words, Mint left the room. She didn’t want anyone to question her about the death leading to this.

“Lu Ka, you must get marry with her! That’s our only option.” Aunt Si told Mark.

A smiled appeared on Mark’s face. This thought brightens him and nothing can make it better.

“Yes, I will do as you ask, BUT only because of the wealth,” He lied.

…

Mint quickly dried her hair and went to open the door.

“I’m coming!” She yelled, “Stop knocking already.”

She opened the door and Mark appeared. Just as she was about to shut the door, Mark push the door to open again.

“What do you want?” She asked.

“So, what’s your answer?” He asked her.

“It has nothing to do with you,” She replied.

“What do you mean it has nothing to do with me?” He questioned, “You’re decision will affect my life.”

“I still need more time.” She told him.

Mint motioned her hand towards the door and asks Mark to leave the room.

What was she supposed to do? If she agrees to marry Mark, it wouldn’t be right because Mark doesn’t even love her for reals but if she decides that she doesn’t want the money, the Ekkapong family will definitely hate her. Tossing and turning, she couldn’t sleep for the whole night.

Early the next morning, Mint got dress up, ready to attend Grandma’s funeral. One by one, each person came up to her dead body and greeted her with honor. Even when dead, Grandma was one of the most important women.

As the sunset, none went home. Everyone sat crying over each other’s shoulder. This is just terrifying for Mint to watch. She stood up and decided to take a walk outside.

“Would you mind if I walk with you too?” Mark asked from behind.

Mint shook her head and he followed.

“Remember what grandma always told us back when we were young?” He questioned.

Mint nodded. She couldn’t open her mouth or else her tears will start pouring out.

“One day when we think she has left us, we have to think again. Her soul and spirit is always with us,” He quoted, “Grandma will never let us get harm.” *smiles*

Tears started coming down her cheeks and she slowly placed her head on his shoulder.

“You’re correct,” She responded, “Grandma will never leave us.”

“We never actually got to talk,” He said, “How have life been?”

“It didn’t change much,” She spoke softly, “Just that the days went by slower because I had no friends.”

“Same here,” He replied, “Over in America, there was no one I can trust.”

“I’m glad you’re back,” She blurted out.

“Me too,” He said, “It’s good to be by your side again.”

They both sat by the river, watching the sunset. Everything went perfectly. :grouphug:

~sorry for thee late update

HanbokKPOP

sarNie Hatchling
That was cute!!!!!!!!! Sad that the grandma died.

Mint will probably not have a hard time making a decision for the mirage, since Mark and her are starting to talk again ^_^ 

Misslialover

sarNie Egg
Chapter 7 :dance2:  :dance3: 

The week went by pretty quick. On Sunday afternoon, they burnt the grandma’s body. Everyone wished her farewell and stayed till night came.

Very late that night, Auntie Si came to talk to Mint privately.

“I want you to know that you have no choice,” Auntie told her.

“What are you talking about?” Mint replied, “Grandma said it was my decision.”

“But I think the best way is for you to get marry with Mark,” She said, “That way we’ll be able to stay by each other’s side and help one another out.”

Her words were sinking into Mint’s mind. Auntie Si never acted this nice to her before. How come all of a sudden she was being nice?

“Well, since you put it that way, I really don’t have a problem with the marriage,” Mint said, “Even if marry or not, it don’t really matters to me.”

“That’s good,” Auntie responded, “If you don’t mind, may I start calling you daughter?”

Mint shook her head and Auntie Si gave her a hug. Walking out, Auntie Si became happy.

“That foolish kid; she don’t know anything! How can she be the owner of me?” Auntie blurted. She was holding in the pain for too long. After all the years, Grandma had been giving Mint everything. Nothing was left for her. Angry boiled up in her head.

​
                Though weeks had passed, that night at the dance was still in Kimberley’s mind. Why was she even thinking about Nadech?

“Oiiiw!” Kimberly yelled, hitting her head, “What’s wrong with me?”

She continued doing her work.

When noon came, she grabbed her purse and headed out. Kimberly just remembered her dad wanted her to go eat lunch with me. She quickly set foot on the petal and set for her destination.  When she arrived home, there was a car parked outside. She wonders who her dad wants her to meet.

Kimberly greeted her mom in the kitchen.

“Who came?” Kim asked.

“Oh, it’s just one of your dad’s former friends,” her mom answered, “Now can you please get going on the cabbage?”

When Kim was done chopping she enters the dining room checked up on her father. They were laughing nonstop.

“Oh, come here Kimberly!” her dad said, “let me introduce you to my old buddy.”  *Kim walks over*

“I see you daughter is all grown up now,” Kangsom said.

“Yes, my daughter is 21 years old now,” Kim’s dad responded.

“Nice to you meet,” Kangsom greeted.

“Nice meeting you too” Kim replied.

“I almost forgot!” Kangsom reacted, “I also have an adopted son. He’s very active in business and a very gentleman.”

“Oh, I remembered you told me before!” Kim dad answers back, “What’s his name again?”

“When I adopted him, I renamed him Barry,” Kangsom answered, “Uh, I forgot his real name…ummm, and I must recall its Nadech?”

When Kimberly heard his name, she no longer wanted to “get to know” him. Her father had told her once that Kangsom wanted to engage the two kids.

“Nadech?” Her dad supposed, “I think I’ve met him before! Isn’t his the one who saved me, Kimberly?”

“Yes dad. He has the one the same person.” She answered.

“Well, it’s good ya have already met so we don’t have to make any introductions.” Kangsom told.

“Ka, Ka! But I must agree. Nadech is a very good looking gentleman!” Kim’s dad countered.

Nadech appeared at the door at Kim’s dad words.

“Sorry dad,” Nadech said, “There were some urgent problems at the company.”

“It’s okay; you made it just in time!” His dad (Kangsom) replied.

“I’m going to excuse myself and go help mom in the kitchen,” Kim told them & left the room.

Everyone chatted on. Minutes later, Kim’s mom called all the guys to the table. Everyone seated themselves and started grabbing in.

“I think these foods are delicious,” Kangsom said to Kim’s mother.

“Well, you can’t give me the credits,” Her mom said, “Kimberly was the one who made up the ingredients.”

Everyone’s eyes were set on Kim.

“You’re a nurse and you also know how to cook; Very excellent!” Kangsom applause

“Ka, during high school I took some mini cooking lessons,” Kim told him.

Nadech couldn’t stand it. Why was everyone so focus on Kimberly? These were such easy to make foods; even Nadech can cook it himself!

“What kind of other food can you make?” Nadech interrupted.

“Well, there are a lot. It depends on what exactly you want to know,” Kim answered.

“It’s okay, it’s just good to know you can actually cook,” He said, “Maybe you can come over sometimes and cook with me too.”

“Ka, Barry also has a high cooking experiment,” Kangsom added, “He can cook from Thai to Japanese foods.”

“Very good,” Kim’s dad said, “You guys have something in mutual.” 

Kimberly didn’t even want to look at Nadech anymore. Clearly he just wanted to be better than her. A war is a war.

“Well, maybe we should cook together someday.” Kimberly suggested, “Are you okay with that?”

“Of course I am,” Nadech answered, “That’ll be great. You can show off your skills.” *smiles*

“And if there is anything I do wrong, you can teach me!” Kim responded sarcastically.

“Ha, you seem like a serious person. I didn’t know you can joke too!” Nadech said.

“Well there are a lot of things you don’t know about me.” Kim replied.

She guessed Nadech’s little crush was just a scheme. Sooner or later, this was going to happen. He smirks at her with his evil eyes. Kimberly didn’t want to be rude, but she felt like she needed to return this behavior to Nadech.

“Here try some of my orange chicken!” Kimberly said.

With no furthermore, she flung the orange chicken on her spoon, and it went flying straight to Nadech’s face!  Everyone exclaimed.

“Kor Tode Ka, it was an accident. The spoon just split out of my hands; Oh, clumsy me!” Kimberly lied.

She smiles with joy as everyone believed her. Of course Nadech didn’t.

“So, you want to play hard huh?” He thought to himself, “You ask for it yourself!”

As the night ended, Nadech and his father left. Kimberly was quite satisfied for what happened and laughed out loud.

“I know what you did was on purpose,” Her mom said from behind.

“It’s not my fault he wanted to start trouble,” Kimberly replied.

“That doesn’t mean you go fling food at him,” her mother responded.

“Either way, I’ve already fling food at him so there’s no taking it back,” Kim fought.

Her mother shook her head in sigh.

“I want you to go out and buy him something sweet. Then drop it off at his office by hand!” Her father yelled.

“But dad-“Kim’s words were interrupted.

“There are no buts!” He said, “You did something terribly wrong.” 

“Ka, I agree with your father. Especially, since they’re the guests!” her mother added. 

“Ka, Ka, Ka! I will tomorrow.” Kim whined on and on.

“Today, I’m going to take both of you out to the temple,” Auntie Si told both of them.

“Why do we have to go with you too?” Mint questioned.

“Because I’m deciding to do the wedding this Sunday, and I need both of you to go pray and spend time together,” She answered.

“But Mom isn’t that too quick?” Mark asked, “I think we should do it next month.”

“Honey, we should just quickly do it because the sooner the better,” She responded, “Okay, no more further questions. Let’s get on the road!’

As they arrived at the temple, Auntie Si (Mark’s mom) headed a different direction.

“You both go to the praying temple. I need to have a talk with old Buddha.” She told them.

Mark and Mint headed for the temple. They went inside and sat down. As they closed their eyes, and started praying, Mark preached over and stared at Mint. The girl he’s’ always loved was about to become his bridge. There was nothing that can make him happier. No one understood Mark like Mint does. Mint slowly opened her eyes, and saw Mark was staring at her. She smiled.

A Buddha came in and started saying some good luck words as they both pour the holy water in a bowl. As they finished up, Mint’s stomach growled.

“Aha, are you hungry?” Mark questioned her.

“Maybe a little, today I haven’t eaten anything. Auntie Si just rushed us here.” Mint answered.

“Come with me then,” Mark said, grabbing her hand.

Staring from the wall, Auntie Si looked at both of them. Did they both like each other? How come they act like a real couple? Auntie Si wondered on and on.

“This can’t happen,” She thought to herself, “If Mark really does like Chalida, my plan wouldn’t work! I need to come up with a plan!!!”

___

They arrived to a small street restaurant.

“Remember this place?” Mark asked Mint.

“Of course I do! Why wouldn’t I? I’m just surprised you still remember it too.” Mint answered.

“Aha, yes. This place never left my memory,” Mark said, “Remember how Grandma didn’t like eating in fancy restaurant so she always took us here?”

“Yes, that brings back so many memories,” She replied.

Back when they both were about 5 years old, Mark & Mint ate here all the time. Grandma was once poor, so she liked eating on street restaurant more than fancy restaurant.

“Auntie, I’ll take two of your noodles!” Mark called out.

“Ka, it’ll be there in 2 minutes,” she called back.

“I didn’t think that this place will still be here,” Mint said, “Since you left, Grandma didn’t really make any time to take me here.”

“Well, I’m back now so you don’t have to worry,” Mark responded, “I’ll be the one who takes you here from now on!”

Mint smiled widely. She was quite happy, just like Mark, that they were about to spend the rest of their lives together. Even if it was suggested by Grandma, Mint didn’t mind. Mark was the owner of her heart since youth.

The two sat eating and chatting for hours, forgetting about Mark’s mother (Auntie Si). When they were finished, they decided to take a walk by the pond. Night had already reached, but they both completely forgot about going home. Their times together were just too little.

“Ohhh, I shooting star!” Mint cried out.

She quickly closed her eyes and made a wish.  Mark stare at her, fully open eyes without blinking.

“This girl, she’s gorgeous, amazing, generous, nice, sweet, charming, and just so perfect,” Mark thought to himself, “Is this really true or am I just dreaming?”

He quickly shook out of his thoughts.

“Uhh, I think we should go home now,” Mark suggested, “It’s getting late.”

lis94

sarNie Hatchling
Awww they r sooo kute :D Mark truely do love Mint ;) Dont like his mommy rite now, she's goin to reget tis!!!