Finally Getting a New Computer

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
What is the difference between:

Intel® Celeron ® Processor 420 (1.60GHz, 800 FSB).....ADD $0 DOLLARS

Intel®Pentium® dual-core processor E2160 (1MB L2,1.80GHz,800 FSB).....ADD $30 MORE DOLLARS

Intel®Pentium® dual-core processor E2180 (1MB L2 Cache,2.00GHz,80.....ADD$50 MORE DOLLARS

There are more but then it gets too expensive...these are the ones that i am willing to pay for if it makes much of a difference...for those computer smart...please give meeh suggestions as to which one i should get and why. And does any of these make much of a difference?

Thanks!

darvil

sarNie Adult
Get at least the dual core E1260 with 30 more dollars.

I don't like Celerons.. they're the castrated versions to save the cost.

Whether it will make a difference or not really depends on how you will use it. I say pay up 30 more for the better chip. I would instantly notice it if I was running a celeron but then again I'm a pretty hardcore user ;)

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
If you gonna add $30 more ... why not add $50 more and get the expensive one (ntel®Pentium® dual-core processor E2180 (1MB L2 Cache,2.00GHz, 800 FSB). Celeron sucks. It's soo slow so don't get it.

judyp

sarNie Adult
i agree, don't get the celeron..i mean unless you're only using it to type documents or for school. but still, my brother bought a celeron & its a piece of crap..but then again, i am impatient with slow processors. looks like the only difference between the last two is the processing speed. my desktop is somewhere around 1.6 ghz whereas my laptop is 2.0 ghz. you can definitely notice the difference.

noungning

Heartless
what's ur budget, u can get a nice engine for cheap if u don't mind the brand...

but yeah sometimes it just cost more for better stuff but u don't have to pay much to get the better deals!! ;)

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Well the thing is that i have a computer right now already...it's just low of hard drive space and also the fan is making some loud sounds...i don't know i was thinking about having my buddy just rebuild and reboot my computer with a new harddrive and a new fan or something but then i texted him and he never texted or called back...i get the feeling that he doesn't want to help so i think im just going to buy a new one.

noungning

Heartless
well, is the fan just loud? because my sister has an HP and it's loud but everything else seems ok.

the hard drive, u can always get one for cheap, if u don't mind buying online or even u can get great deals for discontinued HD models.

so what's you budget for an already made computer? you don't necessarily have to build one, although it may be cheaper, but i think it comes to about the same price for a decent computer. depending on what u want that computer for... are u just going to use if for regular stuff... watching movies, downloading music, using the word processor?

if u want one that is for gaming, it might run u some more money... or using it for desktop editorials.

of if u don't mind, i think u can get a nice refurbished one for 250 or even 300, i'm talking about desktops... and as for laptops, u can probably get a decent system for 600-800

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
My budget is 500 dollars...and i use my computer for downloading movies and songs plus burning and maybe some photo editing stuff. (NOT HARD CORE THOUGH) Also just for school. Im not a gamer so yeah. I have a compaq computer that i bought when i was a freshman in high school. Now im a sophmore in college. So maybe i thought it would be time to get a more upgraded computer anywayz. hehehe Man i think if i just get a new hard drive it would be so much cheaper... except im not very good with computers so i don't know how to install it and stuff. So yeah. So it easy to install a hard drive? What does refurbished mean? computers that have been bought and returned? Im afraid of that.

The main thing that pisses meeh off about my computer is that i can't download movies. like lakorns on here...I download it and its all normal but when it's done. IT would have only captured like 10 mb of the movie. So im guess the reason for that is because of my low space in hard drive.

I have two hard drives on my computer a C and a D drive. My C drive use to be my bigger drive and My D drive with 10 GBs only use to be my small drive. But when my computer broke down that friend of my mine fixed it and changed my drive around. He made my D drive the bigger drive and the C drive the smaller drive. There he put my program and windows file in the smaller drive. And now that drive is at 0 MB...My D drive is where i store all my documents and files + movies. It still has about 13 GBs...but my C drive is the problem because it's where all the important files are for doing things.

SO CONFUSING..thats why i just wanna get a new computer.

judyp

sarNie Adult
lols. i did not understand what you're talking about at the end. i got a little confused after awhile. haha. but you can find places that build computers and sells them for decent prices. i know because my younger brother works at one. and refurbished computers are the ones where people purchase and return it within a certain amount of period. but before it goes back on the market, it is put back into manufacture condition & should be problem free. i say you can always clean your fan or replace it if you want. and just purchase a new hard drive.

but if you must get a new computer, then i say go with the third option you listed. or go to one of those computer stores and check out their computers. they build them and sell them for cheap.

noungning

Heartless
My budget is 500 dollars...and i use my computer for downloading movies and songs plus burning and maybe some photo editing stuff. (NOT HARD CORE THOUGH) Also just for school. Im not a gamer so yeah. I have a compaq computer that i bought when i was a freshman in high school. Now im a sophmore in college. So maybe i thought it would be time to get a more upgraded computer anywayz. hehehe Man i think if i just get a new hard drive it would be so much cheaper... except im not very good with computers so i don't know how to install it and stuff. So yeah. So it easy to install a hard drive? What does refurbished mean? computers that have been bought and returned? Im afraid of that.
well refurbished can mean bought and brought back because of defects, or simply never got sold on the market because of defects and fixed to be up to standards and sold on the market for cheaper. seriously, i wouldn't mind getting a refurb if you're price range is 500, or you can get another compaq or hp for about that price. but a refurb is probably like 250-400 just for the computer, mouse, and keyboard, no monitor. but the specs on that refub will definitely outrun the hp or compaq for 500. ;)

yeah if you want to install an internal HD i wouldn't recommend it to u because u don't sound too techy... i just had to replace my oldie's HD and booted in a new OS, that was a chore because i didn't realize my HD was the thing that was broken... and to find a cheap one is even harder lol...

The main thing that pisses meeh off about my computer is that i can't download movies. like lakorns on here...I download it and its all normal but when it's done. IT would have only captured like 10 mb of the movie. So im guess the reason for that is because of my low space in hard drive.

I have two hard drives on my computer a C and a D drive. My C drive use to be my bigger drive and My D drive with 10 GBs only use to be my small drive. But when my computer broke down that friend of my mine fixed it and changed my drive around. He made my D drive the bigger drive and the C drive the smaller drive. There he put my program and windows file in the smaller drive. And now that drive is at 0 MB...My D drive is where i store all my documents and files + movies. It still has about 13 GBs...but my C drive is the problem because it's where all the important files are for doing things.

SO CONFUSING..thats why i just wanna get a new computer.
yes, it's because u have 0 memory on your default partition which is C, and it needs at least some space on it for temporary files... even though it's temporary, it doesn't mean you don't have to have space to leave these temporary internet files... u need space to keep them temporarily and then it gets transfered to the actual file... in this case u've probably saved it in D, but since C has no space to keep your temporary files... u will not get a fully downloaded file.

i think u need an EXTERNAL hard drive. this doesn't need any installation. u just plug it into your USB port and it reads your USB if you are running something like Win XP because of plug and play.

first thing, u need to get the external hard drive. move all your 'DATA' from D drive onto the external. then have your friend repartition your drives and have him put some space into C, it needs at least 2-3 gigs extra. leave some space for your future installation and stuff.

the repartition will make your computer be able to function. an external hard drive will cost you at max $150 for a standard 320gb drive and u might even be able to score a 500gb drive if you really search.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Nah...problem is i don't want to ask my friend to help meeh...i've asked him plenty of times already this couple of weeks. He seems to just brush meeh off everytime. I leave him a text and give him phone calls and i get none back. So i've decided not to bother him no more with my computer problems. It was actually only once that he helped meeh but yeah.

Anywayz i bought a new computer. It comes with the Intel Core2 Duo processor E4500 (2.20GHz ,800FSB) w/Dual Core Technology and 2MB cache. And 350 GBs of hard drive space, so i shouldn't have anymore problems. I spent $439. And this is with Dell so yeah. HOPE I DIDN"T SPEND TOO MUCH THERE! hehehe..I've decided to just give my old computer to my 5 year old niece to paint and play games on.

MY COMPUTER PROBLEMS ARE NOW OVER.

THANkS EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND HELP AND SUGGESTIONS. THIS IS WHY I LOVE SARNWORLD. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
im thinking about buying a dell too >.O cause you can customize it to come with windows; I really don't want to use vista >.O; a lot of things I do might he undoable on vista; lol i know thats not a word;