For Green Mong...

s0rrow_chick

sarNie Egg
this songs pretty funnie..i've seen it a few time but you know wuts even more messed up?...
so the whole time she claims she wants to learn some green words rite? and in the end
she really only wants money!! did anyone notice....

its krazie...how they ended it.

mly

sarNie Hatchling
this songs pretty funnie..i've seen it a few time but you know wuts even more messed up?...
so the whole time she claims she wants to learn some green words rite? and in the end
she really only wants money!! did anyone notice....

its krazie...how they ended it.
lol...i know!

i picked up green living and going to church with green mong. although i'm not a pro at it, i try to speak it and learn it. when i am stuck on a word or say it in white, my fil will correct me. he loves to tell me what word they say in mong.

mly

sarNie Hatchling
lol..that is ridiculous! lol..im not baggin on u btw.. im jus baggin on the pronunciation of hmong..lol it's so dumb what people argue about these days..the bottom line is that we are all one race!
i know you weren't baggin on me. i just wanted to clarify it because to us youngsters it doesn't matter how hmong is spelled. but to the elders, there is still a war between white and green dialect. ;)

mly

sarNie Hatchling
wikipedia is not a liable sources, ppl can go in there and alter them information .. so don't rely on them ..
why i know? == i just do b/c of them LAO VETERAN stuff ...

Hmong are HMOOB. we all are Moob, just the way we pronounce the word. in the end, we're still HMONG.
i agree, wiki isn't the best source. after reading it, one still need to go look deeper. but i do believe about the dr. pao ze part. for many years, white hmong and green mong has fight against each other on who dominate who, and which language is the true language. to me, the true hmoob language is the hmoob suav language.

cecilia

Staff member
^hmoob suav is not the native languge .
realize, there are so many group of hmong ppl in china.
everyone have their own dialect .. just b/c there still some left in china, that doesn't mean, they're the original language.
i'm sure, we all move around, country to country, we're adapt to the new language, and just b/c we do that, doesn't mean, our Hmong is not the original either.

but like most of you in here .. HMONG ARE HMONG, there is HMONG LENG, in the end, we're HMONG ..

as for MONG .. the spelling looks so laib -ish ... :loool:

akawhat

sarNie Hatchling
Mong=Moob
Hmong=Hmoob
iDK but somehow i feel lus hmoob dawb hais tau xu xu siab & that's why i'm proud to be Moob Leeg

julie_yangbby

sarNie Egg
Okay, I'm a White Hmong and my hubby is a Green Mong. Lately, I've been listening to Xaab Thoj's song, Tij Laug Xab. To me, I think the song is cute and funny, also educational. But my hubby thinks it's making fun of the Green Mong dialect. We had a debate about it, which he started, and it ended not good. So my question is:

Is Tij Laug Xab offensive to y'all Green Mong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeLkqYv5oos
im green too but i dont thinks its offensive but isn't xaab hmong green too

pualuv

sarNie Egg
I'm Green Mong and I don't find it offensive at all. I think it's funny how she doesn't know the Green Mong when he knows White Hmong perfectly well. :)

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
Okay, I'm a White Hmong and my hubby is a Green Mong. Lately, I've been listening to Xaab Thoj's song, Tij Laug Xab. To me, I think the song is cute and funny, also educational. But my hubby thinks it's making fun of the Green Mong dialect. We had a debate about it, which he started, and it ended not good. So my question is:

Is Tij Laug Xab offensive to y'all Green Mong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeLkqYv5oos

I think it's offensive to him because he probably doesn't like Xab or something...
...idk; but it shouldn't be offensive. I wouldn't mind if someone's trying to
teach someone hmoob dawb in a song. idk y guys are getting all defensive over lil' things.
Same goes to my boyfriend too; all defensive over little stuff; blah!

And for some of you, Green ppl pronounce Hmoob as Moob. So of course, it's Mong.
White and Green have a debate about how to spell hmong in history books.
But Americans decided to stick with Hmong. I'm happy that Americans are finally
putting us in history books, although it's only a little section of it.