From GossipStar:

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Wow is Aump unbelievably arrogant. There are Hollywood A-listers out there who still has to audition for films.

That said congrats to Chakrit. He really seems to be the "it" boy nowadays.

Mae

sarNie Adult
Congrats to Chakrit..no doubt he'd get the role...he's a superb actor with perfect English....they picked the right man.....

onahc

sarNie Elites
I bet he's going to get a tiny part in the film. It's ridiculous that they hired a chinese actress to portray a thai woman. And why are they remaking this film?

Calisto

sarNie Hatchling
jeanie said:
Wow is Aump unbelievably arrogant. There are Hollywood A-listers out there who still has to audition for films.

That said congrats to Chakrit. He really seems to be the "it" boy nowadays.
[post="154955"][/post]​
Yeah I disagree about what she said too. She's probably used to being invited for thai lakorns/movies (no auditions for the best people-that's why thai entertainment got some actors with no skills at all!)

fan

sarNie Juvenile
onahc said:
I bet he's going to get a tiny part in the film. It's ridiculous that they hired a chinese actress to portray a thai woman. And why are they remaking this film?
[post="155009"][/post]​
i dont think its rediculous that they picked a chinese actress to portray a thai woman

look at memoirs of a geisha where it was chinese playing japanese (yes i know there was heat about it between the chinese and japanese), or Koo Gum where there were thai actors portraying japanese soldiers, or a lot of other movies... this isnt the first time and its not going to be the last

basically casting directors should pick who is right for the role and who matches the look and seeing as how the thai actress they did want to see for the role thought she was too good for it why not pick someone who was willing to come in and show them what shes got?

iangel

sarNie Egg
fan said:
i dont think its rediculous that they picked a chinese actress to portray a thai woman

look at memoirs of a geisha where it was chinese playing japanese (yes i know there was heat about it between the chinese and japanese), or Koo Gum where there were thai actors portraying japanese soldiers, or a lot of other movies... this isnt the first time and its not going to be the last

basically casting directors should pick who is right for the role and who matches the look and seeing as how the thai actress they did want to see for the role thought she was too good for it why not pick someone who was willing to come in and show them what shes got?
[post="155194"][/post]​
In the industry, there is a lot of bias! in Memoirs of a geisha, the director was chinese, he was familar with chinese actors and actress therefore he chose to cast chinese people in the movie. In additon, they're hot around the world, people know them and are familar with the star's face and work...thats what sells! Like Anna and the king, they could have easily got a good looking talented thai guy to play the king, but chow young fat is also talented and well known, people will go and see him play a Thai guy in the film. Some time its also budget, it a bit easier to just find people in your own country to play the parts just like Koo gum, its easier to find thai ppl that looks like japanese people to play the part rather then finding japanese ppl.

charm

sarNie Egg
wow CONGRATS to chakrit :w000t: hope he gets a big role cuz i wanna hear him speak more english kikiki

as for aum, i think u can never be too good to not have auditions... there are just certain roles/films that needs auditions so it doesn't mean that u suck jus cuz u have to audition for the part... if an actor's really good, then s/he shouldn't be afraid of auditioning & be more confident of getting the part instead... Altho aum is a good actress, she does comes off as conceited sometimes <_<

well, i'm not going to comment on aum, since i did in another thread on this forum...:(

but with that said, congratulations to chakrit...but i wish they would let a thai actress star in it rather than a chinese actress, since it would make more sense, since the film's supposed to be about bangkok...there are sooooooo many thai actresses who speak english really well and fluently and are capable of this role...

sunny_gyrl

dee oNe aNd oNlee sUnNy!!!
inDEE, congrates to chakirt.....atleast he anit say aniythang about being called for an aduition...like someone we all knOe...i GIVE tat tat bo! pr0pz!!!!

bugsy

sarNie Adult
okay i could care less about aum....but chakrit...yay! And someone fill me in here.....so this is gonna be a hollywood film? Like....gonna be in theatres and stuff? Cause that'd be cool. But either way...the title sounds cool anyways and Chakrit's in there....so i'd definately watch it!

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
thai-lakorn-fan-forever said:
well, i'm not going to comment on aum, since i did in another thread on this forum...:(

but with that said, congratulations to chakrit...but i wish they would let a thai actress star in it rather than a chinese actress, since it would make more sense, since the film's supposed to be about bangkok...there are sooooooo many thai actresses who speak english really well and fluently and are capable of this role...
[post="155949"][/post]​
Because similar to the concept of the Eye 5 or whateva that movie was called with Tik J and that Tawainese actress or was she Hong Kong....oh heck I can't remember....they are trying to appeal the Film to a broader range of audiences which includes East Asia as well as Southeast Asia.

And I'm pretty sure this movie didn't have much to do with if an actress can or can not speak English cuz if it's about Bangkok Thailand and it's about Thai people wouldn't it be more realistic for someone to have a little accent unless that main character is some educated dude or something....

But anyways for Aum...people would have to be pretty bias not to understand the content of some of her interviews I mean it's not how one reads it cuz it's about the content. But then people can read and interpret things differently due to some problems with their reading skills don't know how cuz it's right there anyways...because it's all there in black and white...but let's just focus on black since the fonts comes out in black...I'm sure there's no lost in translation here since the people in Thailand are as upset as the people in the English board....sorry trying to be funny here... :)

As for the Aum's fan that are hurt by what she's stating I understand you...cuz honestly Aum's fan are just like any other fans who defend and support their idols...so for you guys to support her shows how caring you are. Which I give you props...and I support you gals for being true fan Thai lakorn fanatic cuz for you to feel sad about the situation that's a true fan right there..and another thing is that you quoted here without bringing in other actresses or starting something to diss other actresses..now that shows some Aum's fan with class... cuz usually when something like this happens people would get upset and make new topics on other stars to stray the focus or even bring in other actresses and actors to compare...*applause*...and I speak with sincerity. ;)

As long as everyone has CLASS and not stray from this topic and bring in other actresses....cuz if you have to bring in other actresses that is just sorry... ^_^ ....

So yeah the point of the matter is this is about Aum...so we would appreciate you guys not bring in other stars into the discussion unless it relates to them being in the project like Pinky, chakrit or something...okay.

sunny_gyrl

dee oNe aNd oNlee sUnNy!!!
ish gOod for him bekUSs he's taking small steps to break in the US market....so anit it bad....im actually PROUD of my man chakrit...