Gay Lover

amerimus

sarNie Egg
There are many gay guys in our society and many lesbians but the fact that parents (OG's) can't accept what their child are born to be cause unwanted suicide. In my opinion I would have say it's not their fault; yet it's whom they are born to be. For one thing I can't understand why parents are so hard-head.

A true fact:
There was a gay couple. They love each other very much to the point that they can do anything to be together. One day one of the lover decide that he should ask the parents to allowed them to get married but it wasn't like how he expected. The parents won't allowed they to get married due to their sex gender. Since they love each other so much and wanted to be together with their own happiness they decided that the best way is to suicide. When the parents find out that they have committed suicide they regretted.

Is it right for parents to STOP gay/lesbian marriage or love?

Who's GAY/LESBIAN?

Share your stories.

Please comment back with your own thought and opinion.

cecilia

Staff member
^gosh, a very touchy topic here.
it's wrong for parent to not accept the truth until it's too late.
i used to be very narrowmind when i was a teenager but as i move and encounter these ppl
it's alright to be like this. it's not like they have a choice .. it' the way they are ..
i learn to accept as long as the individual don't become too selfish for their own good like the character Tah in BGST ..

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I heard a story. It's about two hmong lesbian. When their parents wouldn't let them date each other anymore. One of them drink those chemical stuff that OG used to clean their silver coins. She dies and later on the love followed, by hanging herself in her parents own house.

Recently I got into an argument w/ my mom while she was listening to the radio (they were talking about some kind of proposition). She was like, "Peb Hmong tsis tau muab tej cov neeg zoo li ntawd" saying that the Hmong community don't have those kind of people (gays/lesbians). So I told her somewhere beyond the line that there were people like that in our community, it's just that knowing you (the hmong community) won't accept, they commit suicide, so with them gone their stories are gone. I know many of them, but rarely do they come out of the closet.

I won't speak up for the whole Hmong Community, but I do feel that they do not accept gays/lesbian because to them it's a disgrace and a taboo.

cecilia

Staff member
^totally with you on that argument. but it's like your mom said, hmong ppl are not familar with this issue b/c most of them have not see stuff like this.
not until recently, transgenders start to sufface .. maybe it's new and that could lead to why, some are not able to accept it or cope it with for the hmong community.

it's s sad tragic for some of the hmong ppl -- traditional hmong family to accept it.

princess87

sarNie Egg
That's quite sad. But to answer your question, no I don't believe it's right for parents to do that.

But what can you do? It's still very strongly opposed in the hmong society. The older generation didn't grow up in a community like us kids who grew up in the states where you can do whatever you like, where there's a lot of freedom. You want them to accept gay love/marriage, you also have to understand that gay love/marriage rarely/never happened as they grew up in Laos. They're not use to it yet.

My friend told me about her gay male friend. He told his parents that he was gay; that he liked men. His parents thought something was wrong with him and decided to 'ua neng' for him, to fix him. I thought that was kinda funny. Of course it didn't work.

I do believe that in the future, being gay/lesbian will be more accepted in the hmong society. It's just going to take some time.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
That's quite sad. But to answer your question, no I don't believe it's right for parents to do that.

But what can you do? It's still very strongly opposed in the hmong society. The older generation didn't grow up in a community like us kids who grew up in the states where you can do whatever you like, where there's a lot of freedom. You want them to accept gay love/marriage, you also have to understand that gay love/marriage rarely/never happened as they grew up in Laos. They're not use to it yet.

My friend told me about her gay male friend. He told his parents that he was gay; that he liked men. His parents thought something was wrong with him and decided to 'ua neng' for him, to fix him. I thought that was kinda funny. Of course it didn't work.

I do believe that in the future, being gay/lesbian will be more accepted in the hmong society. It's just going to take some time.

i agree with you on the whole OG's didn't grow up knowing gay/lesbian back then. but they just need to accept the fact that that's how they were born. it's not like they had the choice to pick or something. yes i also agree with you about hmong peeps accepting it in the future too cuz then it will be our generation and we wouldn't really care much about this.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
There are many gay guys in our society and many lesbians but the fact that parents (OG's) can't accept what their child are born to be cause unwanted suicide. In my opinion I would have say it's not their fault; yet it's whom they are born to be. For one thing I can't understand why parents are so hard-head.

A true fact:
There was a gay couple. They love each other very much to the point that they can do anything to be together. One day one of the lover decide that he should ask the parents to allowed them to get married but it wasn't like how he expected. The parents won't allowed they to get married due to their sex gender. Since they love each other so much and wanted to be together with their own happiness they decided that the best way is to suicide. When the parents find out that they have committed suicide they regretted.

Is it right for parents to STOP gay/lesbian marriage or love?

Who's GAY/LESBIAN?

Share your stories.

Please comment back with your own thought and opinion.
Vote yes on prop 8.. lols..however everyone has the right to love whoever they want..

is it right? parents will be parents.

as for me, i think if gays/lesbians are willing to commit suicide just because
their parents don't approve it.. its not a small matter.
no one should go against it.. if they are that much in love. let them be.. :D

on the other hand, even if parents do go against it, hit 18. move out with ur partner and live together. dont
need to get married.. lolsss...

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
i believe there is nothing wrong with gays/lesbians..
they're just exactly like us, even though they may like their own gender...
i have nothing wrong with that...
i feel bad for those who cant be with their lover because of the parents oppositions...
it's wrong to tear lovers apart...because u always knows wat happens to them next...
i think parents need to learn to accept their kids for who they r,
because not all kids will turn out to be wat their parents want them to be,
the only ones who end up that way i think is when the kids r probably scared of their parents, and all that stuff but i'm not sure either i'm just saying...

max

sarNie Elites
I actually have a brother who is gay, so I think that this is an interesting topic to discuss about, considering that most of us in here are Asian? Anways, I also believe that everyone should support gay/lesbian marriage. It is hard enough for many Americans to accept, imagine how hard it will be for Asians (Hmong) to accept this kind of relationship. I hardly hear any positive stories about an Asian daughter/son telling their parent that they are gay/lesbian, with their parents understanding and accepting them for who they are, at least right away. To the parents, such a relationship does not exist in their world. They CANNOT and a lot of times WILL NOT understand at all. It is sad that couples have to go to such extremes for their parents to realize that their love is no joke. You know, our parents always tell us to watch and learn from movies, but they seriously need to speak for themselves sometime. It does not have to be about gay/lesbian marriage, but there are several Hmong movies where their parents forces or forbids their child from doing something (force marriage/forbid their love with another), and they end up killing themselves. Then, the parents are then sad and regretful. Do not they see that that too can happen to them?

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
VOTE NO on Prop 8: It's Unfair & it's WRONG

this falls under the same category as "inter-racial marriage" for the hmong community...i guess in our homelands we didn't not see much or any of it..so it's odd for the community to accept it...it's going to be VERY hard for the older and or more traditional hmong families to accept...i come from a very traditional family but i've gotten my own share of knowledge through education and observations and i highly think it immoral to deny someone of themselves...of course there are tose who were "nuture" that way and juz think they are gay...but..i tink in the end ur true self will surface and they will realize there aren't reallie homosexuals...but it's been proven that sometimes ppl are born to be homosexual...and the same ting goes for them...u can't change who they reallie are...no matter how long it takes..they will surface...

i grew up in a different place than my parents..and i know how hard it is for them to accept marriage between the same genders...ad it is for me to accept tat marriage between the same gender is immoral...but i truly truly believe they have the rights...and tis is not "changing the definition of marriage" or "changing religion" as some may claim..tis is about rights...because for one not everyone believes in the same religion..and two please give me the definition of marriage... <_< it's claim marriage is between a woman and a man...NO! marriage is between two people who love each other...so u're telling me a husband who marries his wife and then cheats on her..gets a second wife (hmong guy esp. )...allows his children to live in misery is the definition of marriage rather than two homosexuals who loves each other with all their hearts and yarn for society to accept them....goodness...

I don't have anything against gays and lesbians, they could live however they want..and thats fine...

but I believe in marriage between a man and a woman so when I vote tomorrow, I will vote YES on prop 8 because voting No goes against my beliefs.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
vote NO on prop 8
damn it.. maybe i SHOULD have registered to vote..
i wasn't really paying attention to the propositions until a few weeks ago... lol.
oh well.. i'll just see what happens... ehehe...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
I actually have a brother who is gay, so I think that this is an interesting topic to discuss about, considering that most of us in here are Asian? Anways, I also believe that everyone should support gay/lesbian marriage. It is hard enough for many Americans to accept, imagine how hard it will be for Asians (Hmong) to accept this kind of relationship. I hardly hear any positive stories about an Asian daughter/son telling their parent that they are gay/lesbian, with their parents understanding and accepting them for who they are, at least right away. To the parents, such a relationship does not exist in their world. They CANNOT and a lot of times WILL NOT understand at all. It is sad that couples have to go to such extremes for their parents to realize that their love is no joke. You know, our parents always tell us to watch and learn from movies, but they seriously need to speak for themselves sometime. It does not have to be about gay/lesbian marriage, but there are several Hmong movies where their parents forces or forbids their child from doing something (force marriage/forbid their love with another), and they end up killing themselves. Then, the parents are then sad and regretful. Do not they see that that too can happen to them?
where r u from? cuz it depends on the area too.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
i guess im cool with it.. lols..

AS LONG AS THEY (LESBIANS) DON'T BOTHER ME.. :D
ur post reminds me of something too...

esp. w/ some hmong guys they're so lame...they don't want to hang out w/ a gay guy cuz they're scare the gay guy would fall in love w/ them or something..goodness pleaseeee! i'm a girl..i like guys..but i don't fall for every single guy tat comes my way same thing for them..juz cuz they like guys doesn't mean they'll be chasing after u

SuabCoobThoj

sarNie Egg
I do not like the idea of same sex marriage at all.....period.....I don't want to give any reasons as it may offend some people. So I will just leave it at that.....

*No, I don't hate gay people...lol*

kelly_yang

sarNie Egg
I think that Homosexuals should have the right. I have no problem with that because I have friends who are homosexual theirself so I am not affect or disgusted by it at all. As for my parents, they will accept homosexuals but if one of their kids were homosexual...I don't know what they will say because I haven't talked with them about that yet...I talk more with my mom and I know she is fine with it

As a Heterosexual female, I have been to a Homosexual club before and I don't know about other people but in my opinion I liked it...the males were so nice...you do have to be aware of the females but other than that the club has a very nice environment.

This is my own opinion and I don't want to force it upon others...I'm just voicing what I think since the topic of this section was on Homosexuals.