Grave Digging Near Camps Upsets Hmong Refugees

kying89

sarNie Hatchling
yea i feel really really bad for our hmong people..we don't even have a country as ours and now they're destroying our ancestors rest place....now i don't know what they're going to do with us living hmongs....
actually i'm not sad..i'm mad and upset that they didn't ask for permission before digging...they have no rights to do that...even if they're just going to cremate it somewhere else or put the bones somewhere else...they can't do that without consent from us...
i hate them....(i'm not a hater thou)
anyways, i heard that the thai ppl are selling it to the chinese ppl and then they're going to do something with it....
i wish one day they will see it...like one of our ansectors will wake from its resting place and kill them alll.....i'm really angry now....
huh, cooling down!!~
alrite i wish they will stop..i can't take it anymore..why do they have to do that to us..how would they feel if they were in our position????

FrozenPearl

sarNie Egg
kying89 said:
yea i feel really really bad for our hmong people..we don't even have a country as ours and now they're destroying our ancestors rest place....now i don't know what they're going to do with us living hmongs....
actually i'm not sad..i'm mad and upset that they didn't ask for permission before digging...they have no rights to do that...even if they're just going to cremate it somewhere else or put the bones somewhere else...they can't do that without consent from us...
i hate them....(i'm not a hater thou)
anyways, i heard that the thai ppl are selling it to the chinese ppl and then they're going to do something with it....
i wish one day they will see it...like one of our ansectors will wake from its resting place and kill them alll.....i'm really angry now....
huh, cooling down!!~
alrite i wish they will stop..i can't take it anymore..why do they have to do that to us..how would they feel if they were in our position????
[post="51701"][/post]​

Dan...you are very mad. Cool down, it's their country they can do anything they want with our dead people's body. We are a people without country, or a land we can called "Hmong Land". To other powerful country they can do anything they want to less power people and that's us.

If anyone of you really think, this is sad of seeing Thai people digging our dead people's life. Why not love each other instead of killing your own people, or dislike them. This is one of the reason why we Hmong people does not have a land of freedom that can be ours. Long ago, century back when we Hmong people still ived in China. Why, we lost the country because some of our people betray. That's one of the reason why today, we don't have anyone who can lead us other than General Vang Pao. Still today, I think some people still hated him and I don't know what's the reason, probably these people are the one who would like to be the leader and think they are tough and betray our people's leader. Furthermore, if in the future, we people love each other as every person only has 1 minutue to live then there shouldn't be a problem.......but if everyone kept push each other down, there's NO WAY, our people can have any country whatsoever!!!!

For the dead body I fet sad because we don't have a country that it's ours. Our people died hundred thousand of them during the time we escape from Laos to Thailand. I meant, they aren't sick and died. They all got shot by the Viet's soliders. Many of these people does not have any grave, just lying in the forest.

I hope the Thai government do as what they said and put these dead body into a safer place where they can have peace on their after life.....

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: It is sad to see things like this happen. Hope there would be something done to solve this problem so wouldn't happen again. I believe other deads that buried in other refugees camp were mostly likely to be like this too, but just that didn't see it. Hope these things would make Hmong people realize and come together to solve the prolem.

kying89

sarNie Hatchling
hopefully the thai gov't does as they said....putting our ancestors and ppl into a safer place...
i really hope that by hearing about this, hmong people will learn a lesson and learn to love each other instead killing one another....
it's really sad!!=C

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
It's really sad to see and hear what's going on... It's also sad that they have to dig up the grave like that.. I mean every bone and grave tell a stroy even if it's not a story of the same tongue... Even though Hmong don't have a country al least they have a country to claim their natioaniltiy... Unlike the Moken they don't have both but their not complaining about it...

History of the Moken...

Moken are those who survive along the Anadamon Ocean just of the coast of Thailand and Malyaisian(If I'm not Mistaken) They are neither Thai or other country citizen even though a vass majority live in KorSorin.. They're not Thai...

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
The place is thai citizen property. So after the war was over, the place was given back to the owners. So in one way they have to right to own those dead people, and another way it is wrong because they haven't asked permission from the hmong.

The reason they're taking the bones is because they're selling it to the Chinese so they Chinese can make medicine out of it.

Many grave site has been dug, some with land owners and some w/o land owners.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Land owner or not they should at least show respect.. But as a landowner sometime they don't have to ask if they don't want too.. But I mean this is politic so .. If Thai want to be reannouce as fair and justice thye should ask those who live there... Its so ashame...

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
display dec. 1

As a mental health worker, Xong Khang is usually prepared to deal with the most horrific situations.

Having spent the last two years as an International Organization for Migration (IOM) counselor at the Wat Tham Krabok in Thailand, Khang has dealt with everything from suicide to murder at the camp.

When members of the Bhoti Pavana Chinese foundation began showing up at the Wat Tham Krabok on October 26, Khang admits her limits have been bent out of shape by what has taken place ever since.

With the authorization and blessings of the owners of the Wat Tham Krabok, foundation members have been exhuming bodies of deceased Hmong from their hillside graves, despite the daily outcries from the Hmong inhabitants.

“Despite all that they have already been through, the Hmong at the Wat are severely traumatized by what is happening to their relative’s graves,� explained Khang. “It’s truly horrifying.�

Though the numbers vary according to who is reporting them, Khang estimates that up to a thousand graves have been exhumed by the foundation. Phra Vijit, a Buddhist monk at the temple who is overseeing the grave clearing told “The Nation�, an English language daily newspaper from Thailand, that a total of only 500 graves were planned to be exhumed and eventually cremated according to Buddhist traditions.

The graves needed to be exhumed, Vijit continued, because people living at the bottom of the hills complained about water being contaminated by the dead bodies buried on the hillside.

Vijit also made mention that the Hmong had from the beginning been illegally dumping bodies on the hill, despite many attempts by the monks at the Wat Tham Krabok to stop them.

With over 14,000 Wat Tham Krabok Hmong having already made their way to the United States, the remaining 720 have been held back, mostly because of health issues, but also because of the lack of relatives willing to sponsor them.

The grave digging, most Hmong agree, is yet another act of oppression being carried out by a landlord who is eager to kick them out.

When family members try to stop a grave from being dug up, Khang informed, the Thai army will intervene, often forcing distraught family members at gun-point to allow foundation members to continue with their efforts.

Perhaps what is most disturbing is the manner in which the foundation members are excavating the bodies. According to Khang, foundation members often throw human bones into a vat of boiling water making it easier to clear the bones of any remaining flesh.

“They chop the head off and throw it in the boiling water,� Khang described. “And as for internal organs, they simply dig that from the corpse and leave it where ever it is convenient, often right on the ground where it is some times picked up by a dog and brought back to the camp.�

Already an unhealthy environment, the camp now smells of rotting flesh, making the area unbearable to live in. Though Khang and others have personally brought their complaints to the abbot, Chaleun Panchan, “the monks will not cease with the grave digging, even for one day.�

Hmong-Americans have lodged a formal complaint with the Thai embassy in America, but so far the Thai believe they doing nothing wrong.

credit to hmongtoday

ahs

sarNie Egg
Having read the posts...it is reasonable that the graves be dug due to contamination..but the way its being conducted is obviously insane. And then to hear that they are boiling bones, etc and then selling them too...its disgusting to even read that. Maybe an A bomb would satisfy at the moment. I can't believe that anyone claiming to be a monk would okay and no object to the way the bodies are being handled. Doesnt sound like any kind of monk.

I don't see how those who are digging and destroying graves can even call it exhuming. Definitely no respect...but I believe in karma. They'll get theirs...hopefully one day they can see their relatives remains heads and all in their soups.

(this is all for now--i may come back when i'm a little more worked up)