mm_ladolcevita

sarNie Egg
Credit the wonderful fantastic_27
 ​
 ​
 ​
Credit to ip.smilez!

0. Were we fated this way?

“P‘, why are you doing this? My whole life I've done everything you've asked of me, but why!? This one thing I ask of you, you can’t do for me.”

He pleaded with his older brother for the life of the only girl he’s ever truly loved. The girl he’s given literally everything for.

“I’m sorry my little brother, life’s a bitach with a big capital B! You just weren't fated for each other? She’s in a league of her own, a league neither you or I belong in. It’s something we both can’t change. Dare I say it was already destined to be this way?”

“Destiny or faith you say? Couldn't that be changed with something like…” he reached for the knife that was on the table and pressed the cold metal against his throat. 

“ It could be changed this way!!”

The figure across from him let out a cold scoff.

“Do you think by ending your life, she would come running to you? I for one thought you were smarter than this! Are you dumb or insane? Your life, what is wrong with it may I ask? Your married to a beautiful bride, you two have the most precious daughter together. What more can you ask for?”

Continuing to hold the knife to his throat, he pressed a little harder until he felt the warm liquid flow down his throat.

“It’s called LOVE! Something you apparently have never come across in your life.”

“LOVE!? Don’t make me laugh! Your one sided high school love story ended the day she walked out on you. Can’t you see that? Don’t be so pathetic! You have a lives to care for now, can you really sacrifice yourself for that wretch girl!”

“What if the answer is yes?…”

The metal dug deeper into his throat as his eyes never left the contact it held with his older brother. The gaze broke once his lifeless body hit the ground and remained still in a pool of his own blood.

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
Oho! Mean-ass brother! If he ever blames that girl, it was his own self for the cause of his own brother's death!
Lemme guess, he'll fall in love with a "wretch girl"??? Haha love it!! Thank you.

mm_ladolcevita

sarNie Egg
Thanks ladies I'll be updating soon once my computer cooperates lol. The beginning is an excerpt from a later chapter so wait to see who they are :)

mm_ladolcevita

sarNie Egg
Chapter One

“P'Minnnt!” the young girl was startled as she spun around to her open door to see her younger brother gasping for air.

“Kao what is it?” running towards her brother, she started to shake him for an answer. “What is it?!”

Before he could answer he collapsed onto the ground. She dropped to her knees as she cradled her brother in her arms. 

He must have been running hard, as she could feel liquid dripping from the back of his shirt.

“Kao, what were you doing that your sweating this bad?” she pulled her hand from behind him to grab a towel from the basket. But as she looked at her hand, she realized it wasn’t sweat but it was blood.

BLOOD.

“KAO!!! KAAAAAOOOO! Wake up!” she kept screaming at him to stay awake.

“Mint?” she looked to see her best friend walking towards her.

“Boy help me! Kao’s hurt.” he rushed to pick up the young boy as they both ran downstairs to the car. 

“Mint where’s the car?”

In the sudden panic she completely forgot that her parents and brother had just left the house to go see a movie. 

“Mint!” 

“Stop yelling I’m trying to think.”

She tried recalling the events right before this happen.

“Mom and Kao wanted to see a movie, so they convinced Dad to take them. I had homework so I couldn’t go.”

The two started piecing the pieces together.

“If Kao is like this? Where are your parents?”

Without hesitation there was a loud bang at the front gates. She ran down and opened the door to see the Chiangmai police in front of her.

“Is this the Vijitvongthong resident?”

She couldn’t do anything else besides nod her head. The officer lowered his head and let out a deep sigh. This gesture caused her heart to drop to the floor.

“Officer what is it?”

“Your parents were in an accident. They didn’t survive.” the news sent her knees dropping to the ground in a loud thud. There was no pain, her body was completely numb. The last thing she heard was Boy’s voice.

“Officer!!!”

The voices buzzed around her like flies surrounding a giant buffet on a nice warm summer day. They were constant and seemed like there was no end. She slowly started opening her eyes, only to be bombarded with four faces staring down at her.

“Mint!” they all shouted in unison.

It took a while for her eyes to adjust to the light, but once it got accustom to the bright light she made out the four figures standing before her.

“Sweetheart are you okay?” that voice she could recognize anywhere.

“Grandpa what are you doing here?” her grandpa is from Bangkok and hardly ever comes to Chiangmai unless there was a death in the family. “Death?”

After that word entered her mind she almost jumped off the hospital bed.

“Where’s my mom, dad and brother?” 

If she was looking for an answer she wasn’t going to get one out of any of them. They all avoided her gaze. She reached out for her grandpa and forced him to look at her.

“Mint, there was an accident.” that word “accident” she remembered hearing it when the police came to her house.

“Noooo…your joking right grandpa? Is this a hidden camera? Where are they?” she lightly chuckled amused at the slightest idea her parents could be playing a really mean joke on her. But one look at everyone in the room, she knew the news was true. 

Her parents were really gone. The tears streamed down her face, as reality started setting in. There was another part to this equation that is missing.

“Where’s Kao?” this time the question was directed towards her best friend who was with her before she blacked out. “Boy where’s Kao?”

“Mint…”it wasn’t Boy that spoke her name but Margie who was standing besides him. “Kao’s in the ICU. That night he lost a lot of blood, his heart stopped a few times. The doctor’s have him stable now, but he isn’t out of the blue yet.”

Kao…my baby brother Kao how could this happen to you?

“Gie what happened that night?” after the question was asked there was a knock at the door and in walked two police officers. 

“Khun Chalida, may we please speak with you?” her eyes darted to her grandpa who got up from the couch and started walking towards her.

“Grandpa what do they want?” the fear was evident in her voice. 

The million scenarios played out in her mind and none were good news.

“Alone?” the officer closet to her spoke as he eyed everyone in the room. “That includes you too Khun Phathapee.”

“Nooo grandpa!”

“Officer she’s still a minor she’s allowed a guardian!”

“We only wanted to ask her a few questions in private.”

“She’s a 16 year old girl who’s just lost her parents, do you think she’s not scared out of her mind. I’m her grandfather I will remain here in the room.”

The officer let out an exhausted sigh as he agreed to it. He motioned for the other three to leave the room while the officers asked their questions.

“Khun Chalida please answer these questions to your best abilities.”

Only nodding her head as she tightly grabbed onto her grandpa’s hand as he stood next to her hospital bed.

“For the past couple of months have you noticed anything out of the ordinary with your parents? As in change of behavior? Any known enemies? Any disagreements at home?”

She contemplated the questions in her head. None of then rung any type of bell in her head. Why are they even asking these questions? Didn’t her parents die in a car accident?

“Not that I remember, mom and dad were as they usually are. Why are you asking this? Change in behavior? Enemies? Didn’t my mom and dad die in a car accident?” she looked at her grandpa who adverted her gaze like the plague.

“Grandpa?”

“Khun Chalida, the evidence at the crime scene stated that your father was shot in the head and must of lost control of the car causing the accident.”

“Shot? He never had any enemies! He was loved by all his workers and the neighbors! This must be false!!”

“Please calm down, we are just going off of what evidence was provided for us. Aside from the gunshot wound to the head, it seems your younger brother Jirayu was stabbed in the back.”

Stabbed! The blood that was coming from Kao’s back. He was stabbed! The nights events started flooding her mind.

“Could you please tell us what happened before your brother rushed into your room?”

“That night after dinner, Kao was whining that he wanted to see the new marvel movie and convinced my mother to ask my father to take them. He agreed to take them and I wasn’t allowed to go since I had homework to do. They left the house a few minutes later. 15 minutes had passed when I heard Kao screaming.”

The officer jolted down the information she provided.

“That’ll be all the questions for today, if there’s any further questions or new leads we’ll keep in contact.”

After thanking her for her time, they headed towards the door and walked out.

“Grandpa what’s going on?! Why is there an investigation!? Who would do this to my dad!?”

Now she was the one spitting out questions. How long was she asleep for that all this had happened.

“That’s what the police are trying to find out sweetheart. We’ll have to wait and see if they can find the culprit that did this to your parents and brother.”

Brother!

“Kao, where is he? I want to see him!”

Throwing the sheets off her she jumped down from the bed and burst out the doors. 

“Mint!” she was stopped by her friends.

“Let me go, I want to go see Kao!”

It took all three of them to hold her still.

“Mint listen to me!” she stopped resisting and looked at him. “Kao is still in the ICU, the doctors aren’t letting anyone see him.”

“No! Why is this happening to my family!?!” she dropped to the floor as she fell into Margie’s arms. “Gie why my family?” she cried into her friends arms, as Margie who watched her best friend crumble to the ground begun to cry as she couldn’t hold back the tears anymore.

The two standing figures looked down only to look away a few seconds later trying to hold in their own emotions. Mint losing her parents was like they had lost their parents as well. The four friends were inseparable and were always there for each other.

Nadech bent down and grabbed Mint as he pulled her up into a tight embrace. “Mint, I’m sorry! I’m sorry I can’t protect you from all this!” the emotions he held in burst the moment her sobbing face hit his chest.

“Mint, I’ll miss you!” her best friend somberly said as she bear hugged her as she stood by her grandpa’s car. 

Mint was saying bye to all her friends before she departed to Bangkok to live with her grandpa. 

The funeral arrangements were made while she was still unconscious in the hospital by her grandpa and everything just got over with. Since then he’s convinced them to come to Bangkok to live with him. It wasn’t healthy if they remained in this house with all the memories. The police also didn’t know if the culprit would come back and finish the job they couldn’t get done before. 

“P’Boy please take care of Gie for me.” she pulled Boy into a tight hug. 

He could only nod his head.

The three friends stood in a triangle with their eyes fixed on the gate. They were watching to see if Nadech would come see her off. Out of all her friends Nadech was the least happy with her moving to Bangkok.

Margie always joked that it was because he’s in love with her, but she always took those comments with a grain of salt. They were all friends and she couldn’t see Nadech in another light.

“Mint we have to get going otherwise we’ll hit traffic going into Bangkok.”

“Ka.” she looked towards her friends one last time before grabbing them both into a big embrace. “Come visit me in Bangkok please!”

“Jaa!” they replied in unison.

She climbed into the backseat as her grandpa followed behind her. The driver closed the door and they started their departure. As they backed away from the house, she took one last look at her childhood. All the memories in this house she would never forget them. She did well holding in her emotions but her younger brother who sat to the right of her couldn’t hold in his tears. She grabbed his hand and gave it a firm squeeze. It was their signal to say things will be okay. He leaned into his sister and sobbed quietly into her shoulder.

The car made it’s way down the street as the lone figured stood outside the gate. He couldn’t bare seeing her off to Bangkok. In his hand he held a letter addressed to Chalida Vijitvongthong. He placed it close to his heart and swore he would do whatever he could to get justice for her and her family.

mm_ladolcevita

sarNie Egg
Author's Note! Would anyone be interested in receiving a PM after I update a chapter? I could send a PM on AF here or I could send a message using an chat app, like whatsapp, line or cubie. That's up to you na, if you don't want anything, I won't send anything. If you interested just leave me a message. Don't forget to give me feedback on what you think of the story so far na ja. Thanks for reading :)
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Chapter Two
 ​

It’s been four years since then..

Those times were just precious memories to her now. Mint wiped away her falling tears as she looked through the box full of her old memories of her parents and best friends. After the whole accident, something inside her had changed. She wasn’t the sweet, innocent Mint that was carefree and always had her parents by her side. She grew up fast, her younger brother who made a full recovery after the stabbing needed her. Kao was only 12 then and needed his older sister more then anything.

Her room was lit only by a single lamp on her desk. There were photos sprawled out across the entire table, but there were only a few photos that held her full attention. 

They were photos from the crime scene that night her parents got into the accident. Since getting her hands on the photos she made countless copies and have them plastered all over her condo in Bangkok. Looking carefully at the photos to see if the police overlooked any type of evidence that would help them catch the culprits who destroyed her family. 

The more she looked at the photos, the more they burned into her mind causing her nightmares and cold sweats. Even though the nightmares get scarier and scarier she feels it’s the only way she’ll ever know the truth. She wouldn’t be able to rest at peace until the killer was brought to justice!

It’s only been a few months since she’s moved out of grandpa’s house. It was the only way she would be able to investigate the case without worrying her grandpa. She was lucky enough to land an assistant job at a prestige marketing firm own by the youngest CEO in Bangkok history. Pope Thanawat was a strict but kind hearted boss, kind hearted to the point that the other employee’s in the company think she sleep her way into her position.

They were never high on her priority list to check off. She paid no mind to their jealous chatter, she only took the job because it paid well and she was right out of college when she applied for the position. She honestly didn’t think she’d even get the position but when the call came she jumped at the chance. 

With this job now she was able to move out and support herself without having to ask her grandpa for money. It was one big weight off her shoulders. Even if she didn’t get a job, it wouldn’t be hard for her grandpa to continue supporting her. He’s successful enough he could support her and her brother for the next 10 lifetimes without them working. She wasn’t someone who wanted to sit down in life and have everything fed to her on silver platter. She worked hard to get where she is and she couldn’t feel any prouder of herself.

Ring, ring, ring.

She looked at the caller ID.

Kao Jirayu.

“Wat dee ja Nong Rak! What can do for you?” she placed the photos back into the folder and placed it back in her drawer.

Another reason she left her grandpa’s house was, she didn’t want her brother or grandpa to know she is still looking at the case of her parents death. They had begged her to leave it to the police and that it was dangerous to keep preying into the case herself. She told them she had stopped but she’s secretly going behind their backs to continue her own research on the case.

“I’m starting my first year in high school.”

Wow has time flown by that fast, the last time she remembered her little brother was still in middle school.

“Really? Wow I’m getting older quicker then I want too.” she heard him chuckling on the other end.

Even after the accident Kao still remains the same sweet Kao he was before it all happened. She envied her brother that he was too young to really remember all the details. But on another note she was happy he remained the cute brother she loved so much.

“Can you go uniform shopping with me? I don’t know which uniform I need to get?” Tomorrow she had planned on going to talk to an old friend of her father’s. “Please..” but who could deny that sweet boy.

“Okay I’ll pick you up around noon. Is that okay?”

“Perfect! I’ll see you then. Good night, love you.”

“I love you too, sweet dreams.”

They both hung up at the same time. She set the phone back onto the desk, when it started vibrating signaling she had a new message.

Mario Maurer.

She looked at the time and it read 12:45. What is this punk doing texting her this late? She opened the text message.

“P'Mint, come have a drink with me at Tower lounge. I’m on the rooftop.”

“Who does this kid think he is summoning me at any hour of the night he wants.”

Just as she was about to ignore the message, another message came through.

“You promised me once that I could make one request from you. I remember it being any type of request I wanted.”

He was right, she had promised him that she’d fulfill any request he had. But why did he want her to fulfill it this late!? She needs her beauty rest.

“I’ll be there soon.”

A small smile formed on his lips as he read the message. He secretly wished he had more chances to request something from her. 

Mario Maurer and Mint Chalida was an odd friendship. She was his senior by two years yet Mario wanted her as a girlfriend. Mint wouldn’t allow it to happen and since the day they met he’s only been allowed to call her P'. 

If he had it his way Mario and Mint would be a couple by now. He’s never forced the issue with her since that day he had confessed and she blatantly shot him down saying he wouldn’t be able to take care of her since he was still a kid, a high schooler. 

Even if Mario was just a high schooler, there was no doubt he’d be able to take care of her. His family was the richest family in Bangkok. Mint wanted no part in it, she would only be in a relationship if she loved the other person. She cared for Mario but she never loved him. 

As Mario took sips of his drink, he reached down to grab his phone. He didn’t realize he had a message.

The sender. Yaya.

“P'Oh the girls and I are partying at Sky, you should come!” he scoffed at the message as he just deleted it and threw the phone to the side of the couch.

“Stupid pathetic high school girls! I never wasted my time before what makes her think I will now.” he continued drinking his drink as he waited for Mint to arrive. 

The atmosphere at the Tower lounge wasn’t as packed being it was a Wednesday evening and it was way past happy hour. The rooftop was filled with tables scattered sporadically throughout the floor, everyone minding their own business and engrossed in their own conversations.

Everyone but one table, their gazes fixed in the direction of Mario’s table. Mario who seemed oblivious to the surveillance as he ordered another drink after finishing off his other one. 

“Does he come here often?” the gentlemen asked turning his head back from his gaze on Mario onto the man sitting in front of him.

“This is the first time I’ve seen him here sir. His usually spot is the Sky club.” he reported.

“Any reason why he is here today?” he continued to ask taking a sip of his cosmo.

“There has been word he plans on meeting Khun Chalida here.”

“Her again, what does my idiot of a brother see in her?” he scoffed as he finished his drink.

“Khun, our people have discovered a little more about Khun Chalida's past.”

This comment sparked his interest. He motioned with his hand for him to continue.

“Her family was killed in a triple homicide in Chiangmai four years ago. The crime was said to be ordered by Om.” his eyebrows raised as the new information provoked some reaction out of him.

“And why would Om try to get rid of her family?”

“She’s Phathapee Vijitvongthong's only granddaughter.”

mm_ladolcevita

sarNie Egg
@fantastic_27 Thank you sooo much Nong for the poster! I love it, it's soooooo cute! I like how you incorporated the green sneakers and heels love that idea! :) It's perfect too has all the main characters! Thanks again :)

mm_ladolcevita

sarNie Egg
Chapter Three
 ​

Mint grabbed a light jacket before turning off all the lights and closing the door to her condo. After locking the door she made her way towards the elevator that was situated in the middle of the floor. 

“Damn Mario..” she started cursing him underneath her breath when the elevator opened revealing a sweet face gentlemen with  dark hair, cut shorter in the back and was longer in the front.

His sudden appearance caused her to quickly become quiet as he walked out and held the door for her.

He motioned for her to enter as she did so.

“Thank you.” she politely bowed as he continued to smile before the doors closed. “Huy is he a new neighbor?” she continued to ponder alone.

“Hmm she’s prettier then he had mentioned.” he spoke to himself as he made his way to his room that was right across from Mint Chalida’s room.

Opening the lock, he pushed opened the door and turned on the light. The room had a musty smell to it since he hasn’t used this condo in a few months. He walked straight to the windows and opened every single one to let the breeze flow through the entire room.

Once he settled onto the couch he pulled out his cellphone. Pushing the number 4, the phone started dialing until the other line picked up.

“Pakorn, she’s prettier then you had mentioned.” his tone had a slight greasiness to it that his friend quickly picked up on.

“Ai Mark don’t even think about it! I begged you to help because I knew you had a condo in the same building as Mint otherwise I wouldn’t bother you, you dirty perv!”

“Whoa what’s with the name calling? I just made a true statement, I shouldn’t be hounded for speaking the truth.”

“Truth or not she’s already taken! So keep your dirty little paws off her.”

He couldn’t help but laugh he was asked to help but now he’s being made out to be a dirty perverted jerk.

“Yeah yeah, your lucky I owe you. Otherwise I would be charging you an arm and leg! My father has already been working me to death, I really don’t need another burden on my shoulders.”

“You’re the best friend anyone can ask for!” he tried to cheer up his friend. He knew from the tiredness in Mark’s voice that his father has been working him hard in the family business.

“Boy…” his tone changed to a somber one. “How’s Margie? Why didn’t you tell this Mint person? Isn’t she your best friend?” once he heard the silence on the other end he felt bad for asking.

It’s true that Boy, Margie and Mint are best friends but since Mint has moved to Bangkok she’s changed to the point where Boy doesn’t even know her anymore. 

“Margie is hanging in there. The doctor said there’s a slight chance she would be able to recover. There’s a new treatment he’s offering but…”

“It’s expensive isn’t it?…..” 

“Stop! I know what your going to say. I want to be able to do this on my own, I want her to know how much I wish she could get better.”

“I’m always here.”

“Thanks Mark.”

Boy Pakorn and Mark Prin became friends when Mark transferred to the high school in Chiangmai from Bangkok. Since then they’ve kept in close contact, and Mark is the only person he trusts to talk about Margie with. He can’t even speak about it to Nadech or Mint.

After hanging up Mark walked into his room to shower and called it a night. Tomorrow is day one of befriending Mint Chalida.

As time ticked by Mario grew impatient that Mint hasn’t arrived yet. He was about to call her when she appeared through the open elevator door.

“Sir she is here.”

He slightly tilted his head towards the walking figure that was now joining his brother on the couch.

“Hmmm….she’s pretty, I can see why you’ve fallen for her my little brother!”

The two figures continued to look on as Mint let Mario know exactly how she felt by slapping him across the forehead.

“What was that for?”

“Do you have a watch!? Do you know what time it is? I promised P'Pope I’d be in the office early tomorrow to prepare the meeting with the Japanese tour company and here your making me come out at….”she looked at her watch. “ 1:30!”

“I texted you at 12:45, it’s not my fault you took that long to get here.”

Letting out an exasperated sigh she leaned back just accepted the fact that arguing with Mario Maurer is like arguing with rhetorical box.

“Come on, I didn’t invite you out here to be a Debbie Downer. Let’s get you a drink!” he motioned for the waiter that walked by and ordered her favorite drink. “Can I get another martini and also a peach Bellini for the lady.”

As much as she hated to admit whenever she was out with Mario he definitely took care of her, how a man would take care of his girlfriend. In the beginning she admitted she tried to start a romantic relationship with him even if he was younger then her. Mario said it from the beginning he didn’t mind the fact that she was older. He was more attracted to older woman anyways. She on the other hand wasn’t too fond of the idea of dating someone younger.

They continued a light conversation as the observers planned their leave. Without even disturbing the air the two figure made it off the rooftop and were gone before anyone even noticed something had change.

“Shouldn’t you be asleep? You have school tomorrow.”

“Huy! Sometimes you can sound like my older brother!”

“Brother? You don’t mention him much.”

“That’s because I choose not too. He’s not worth me talking about, I never seen someone so heartless in my entire life.”

Mint was surprised he even mentioned anything dealing with his brother. With the mention of it he would automatically change the subject.

“Yah I almost forgot to mention, Kao is starting at Bangkok High in a few days. Maybe you can show him around if you aren’t busy.”

“I’ll have one of my close friends do it.”

She rolled her eyes at his reply, she knew it meant he wouldn’t be attending school and would let one of his many toys show her brother around.

“I don’t want one of your girls to be showing my brother the wrong ways of life.”

He shook his head. “No this person I can promise she’s good. She’s been my friend since childhood and she’s always top of our class. She’ll be better than me at showing Kao around.”

She eyed him carefully to see if he was telling the truth or not. She decided to trust him for once. It was 2:30 when she realized the time.

“I gotta go, you need to go home and sleep too.”

“P'Mint can I come crash at your place?”

“Definitely not! I’ll see you later.” she gave him a quick hug before making her exit towards the elevator.

“No kiss?!?” he shouted as the doors closed. 

Letting out a sigh, she really had to end things with Mario. Friendship doesn’t even seem like a feasible task for him at this point. 

Getting into her car, she started her engine and started pulling out when another car came flying down the parking garage almost crashing into her. 

“WTH!” she got out of the car in time to see the other car come to a screeching halt a few inches away from the stone pillar that supported the entire garage.

Running towards the vehicle, she slowed down when she saw that the driver side door was open and she saw an arm dangling lifelessly out of the door.

“Someone help! Someone crashed!” she yelled as loud as she could until a security guard came running from his post. “Loung, that person almost crashed there!”

She hid behind him as they both inched closer to the door. As they got closer they could see the person’s face was completely covered in blood.

“Help me..” he softly said as blood gushed out of his mouth. 

Mint pulled out her phone and quickly dialed the Bangkok police station. The dispatcher informed her to find the point of bleeding and apply pressure to the point to stop the bleeding until the paramedics arrived. She did as she was told. A few minutes later the paramedics arrived and also the Bangkok police was also on scene.

They pulled her from the crash and told her that the head officer would like to ask her a few questions. She sat on the back trailer of one of the police cars when the head officer approached her.

“Khun..I need to ask a few questions?”

“Ka…” she turned to face him when her face completely turned white at the sight of his face.

“Nadech?”

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Ouweeeeee mark as the neighbor ! Mmmmmmm haahhaah :p Ahhh I can't wait till they meet each other lmao ! Awww poor Nadech :( was he following Chada ?

Update na <3