guys , i need help with traveling by planes

sirena

sarNie Adult
ok so this summer im traveling to cambodia by myself, the only thing im very worried about is that ive never travel on airplane before

i don't know what i need to do

im talking about like checking in etc all those stuff you need to do before going on plane :unsure:

if someone can give me alittle run down of what i need to do i really appreciate it thanks you

anan

sarNie Adult
ok so this summer im traveling to cambodia by myself, the only thing im very worried about is that ive never travel on airplane before

i don't know what i need to do

im talking about like checking in etc all those stuff you need to do before going on plane :unsure:

if someone can give me alittle run down of what i need to do i really appreciate it thanks you
The first time is always exciting ahaha,,,

For the departure,,, go to ur flight company counter desk check-in, and show them ur e-ticket & passport for the check-in, then they will give u a boarding pass, once ur luggage(s) tagged :)
Oh during the check-in, u can ask for a type of seat (near window or aisle),,, personally, when it's a very long-distance flight, i like asking for a seat near the side-walk/aisle, it's easier to get out to go to the restroom without disturbing the others :p

After check-in, always keep an eye on the boarding timetable monitor,,, so u know which gate u have to go for the departure....

Always have little cash (at least 50-100 $ US) with u, becos once arrived in Cambodia, u will have to pay for the VISA on arrival :p, there is just a form to fill, u will be asked about the address during ur stays in Cambodia.

Borrow a guide book for Cambodia from ur library, so u can learn more about the country & its history & traditions / culture

Last advice: travel light, enjoy the movies during ur flight :)

When in Cambodia, don't forget to try local foods: e.g.: Amok, etc...
and Crocodile steak with french fries ahaha :p

Angkor Watt @ Siam Reap is a must-see,,, i pretty enjoyed there ;)

Have Fun & Enjoy ur trip ;)

Iya

sarNie Adult
The first time is always exciting ahaha,,,

For the departure,,, go to ur flight company counter desk check-in, and show them ur e-ticket & passport for the check-in, then they will give u a boarding pass, once ur luggage(s) tagged :)
Oh during the check-in, u can ask for a type of seat (near window or aisle),,, personally, when it's a very long-distance flight, i like asking for a seat near the side-walk/aisle, it's easier to get out to go to the restroom without disturb the others :p

After check-in, always keep an eye on the boarding timetable screen,,, so u know which gate u have to go for the departure....

Always have little cash (at least 50-100 $ US) with u, becos once arrived in Cambodia, u will have to pay for the VISA on arrival :p, there is just a form to fill, u will be asked about the address during ur stays in Cambodia.

Borrow a guide book for Cambodia from ur library, so u can learn more about the country & its history & traditions / culture

Last advice: travel light, enjoy the movies during ur flight :)

When in Cambodia, don't forget to try local foods: e.g.: Amok, etc...
and Crocodile steak with french fries ahaha :p

Angkor Watt @ Siam Reap is a must-see,,, i pretty enjoyed there ;)

Have Fun & Enjoy ur trip ;)
great advice. i'll kept this in mind for my trip there this summer. haha...crocodile steak. :lol:

sirena

sarNie Adult
thanks for the advice ill make sure i keep those things in mind thanks you

but once i check in i just go to gate? and give them ticket etc

but once i get on the plane to my next destination and once i arrive to korea, what do i do then? check in with the same thing?

wwould i have to get my luggage at each destination i arrive?

sorry for askin lot of question thats cuz its my first time

sirena

sarNie Adult

but once i get on the plane to my next destination and once i arrive to korea, what do i do then? check in with the same thing?

anan

sarNie Adult

Once checked up, if the gate number is showed up for ur flight, then yes, otherwise u can tour around in duty free shops there :)

Once arrived to Korea, no need to check-in again (becos u will have already a boarding ticket from Korea to Cambodia too), ,, just simply take with u ur carry-on luggage, and ur big luggage will be forwarded automatically to Cambodia as ur final destination (=just make sure when u do ur check-in in US that ur final destination is Cambodia).

You will be in transit/transfer in Korea, so, i don't how long u will wait for ur flight to Cambodia, but once arrived there,,, try to find the flight schedule timetable screen,,, to find ur next gate for ur flight to Cambodia... If it's not showed up yet,,, simply wait & try to relax... :) Normally, it will show up 2h prior departure ;)

So, if u have lot of time to kill in Korea,,, take a little break, tour around & shoppp or eat sometimes if u are hungry :p,, or try to catch up Free Wifi Internet access if available from ur mobile phone or laptop ^_^

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
i traveled alone this year twice and yeap pretty much they have covered all of what you need to do. it was my first time traveling ever and getting on a plane too but it went pretty well. but my advice to you is since your trip wwill be much longer than be sure to bring an ipod, or something to do because it can get boring, but once you arrive to your destination it will be very interesting. but yes once you check in the USA that will be the last time you see your luggage that you checked in and the next time you will see your luggage again is at your destination Cambodia.
About the Visa do you pay? I'm not sure when I traveled i got these forms to fill out in the plane before i arrive at my destination and i didnt have to pay anything, but sirena just have money incase. Have a safe flight and have fun! :)