Has anyone ever worked at a clothing store??

sooks

sarNie Egg
well has anyone worked at a clothing store? can you share your experience? because im planning to work at a clothing store.. specifically american eagle? thanks for ur responses

meenia

sarNie Adult
Yes, I work at a clothing store...Talking about customers being messy...Watch out...Especially during the holiday is the bad time...If you have a choice to work in the women or men department...You chose the men department...Women tends to shop a lot and will try on 20 items...While the men will come and get what they want...They don't try on clothes as much...Hope that help you a little. I love the discount...I worked at a department store for 7 years... :D

babylakorn

sarNie Egg
hey I love working at Vanity and Express, I had so much fun forget about the customers, they are messy and sometime they are rude and stupid, but when they are gone. You will get bored because there's nothing to do. Oh you will meet so many people. I love the discount and the neighbor stores, we always go out after work.

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
I worked in the Juniors at Dillard's for two years. I liked it because of the great discount. The only bad thing is having the clean the dressing rooms. People throw clothes all over the place! Ever since working there, I learned to hang my clothes back up when I'm shopping/trying on clothes. I don't want the people working to have to go through what I did. You'll learn customer service and pick up more people skills. This will be a plus on your resume.

vina_lek

I used to work at one throughout HS... no complaints here. I got to meet a lot of people and learned some patience(something I was really lacking...!). Anyway, I think it'll be a good job for you to have for the future...it'll def. work your interpersonal skills. You'll get soo many problems of all types and some odd responsibilities at times... :eek:

yeah...dressing rooms are killer! That's why I worked in the guy's section. Hate to say it..but girls are crazy w/ trying on clothes. :loool:

Goodluck!! :)

none3

sarNie Hatchling
whatever you do is don't wear high heels to work. you are going to throw away those heels so fast because your feet will hurt so much at the end of the day. :lol:

LDi

sarNie Hatchling
Yes, I've worked at a clothing store when I was in HS

- you get discounts on clothes a BIG PLUS!
- when it's really quiet now customers, you really get to know you coworkers cause you talk alot
- you get your share of crazy customers.....trust me.
- you'll even get some crazy request
- wear comfortable shoes......after standing and walking around for a while your feet hurts.