HELP! Hard drive crashed!

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
:tearybye: My hard drive crashed or got some type of virus, then I was able to retrieved it back with RECOVERY BACK UP on the main computer. But I wasn't able to open any file on my external hard drive... it said the file is empty... but yet it shown the amount of GB still the same as before it was crashed (so does that mean the files is still in the drive, I just have to located or file a way to open it?).
Does anyone know away I can retrieve the files back? :nailbiter:

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Sounds like you have the same virus that I did. Go and read up on my issue and see if it is the same. Critical Hard Drive Error.

Since you said you recovered your stuff already and it just doesn't show. Try downloading the link below. It's an application called Unhide. It will help you unhide any programs hidden from usually after recovering your files or a virus. It might help. For me though it unhide all of my folders from the start menu from being empty or saying empty, but the folders were still empty or in some areas programs were missing. So after I got rid of the virus I guess my icons and programs got moved around to different folders and areas of my computer so I ended up just rebooting my whole computer to manufacterer condition.

Unhide.exe

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
:yahoo: 'BaBeeLaiLai' OMG thank you so much :worthy: :flowers: yes that is exactly what happened to my computer before all the file was wiped out. :facepalm: :nailbiter:

:thumbsup: But thank goodness (and to you and Tina) for the links... I was able to retrieved the files back using "unhide.exe"
And yes I will have to redo/reformat the computer again because is a total screw up now, but I'm still happy that I was able to get all the files back. :cheer:

Thank you again you save my life hihihihi ... take care now. :bravo: :thanks:

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
You are very welcome Maya...I am glad that I can help. Everyone here has helped me so much. Thanks to Tina for helping me...now I can help others.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
That's so true... peoples in here very helpful unlike other forum. :thumbsup:

Well, now that I got my files back... I can continue my subbing project as giving back. :lol: