help help!!!

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
this what i need help on. I have two computer and all my good program were on the other one. witch i want it to be on the this one too. i try to save the program on a CD and install on the this one. but i cant.
Can some please show me how to do it. do it the right way so i can get my program on this computer too. Please help...

darvil

sarNie Adult
angie_thip said:
this what i need help on. I have two computer and all my good program were on the other one. witch i want it to be on the this one too. i try to save the program on a CD and install on the this one. but i cant.
Can some please show me how to do it. do it the right way so i can get my program on this computer too. Please help...
[post="114366"][/post]​
You need to be a bit more clear.

Do you have the software? Are you talking about programs like photoshop?

Is your problem mainly the fact that you can't burn the softwares on the CDs?

Is that what you need help in? Burning the softwares onto CDRs?

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
Darvil said:
You need to be a bit more clear.

Do you have the software? Are you talking about programs like photoshop?

Is your problem mainly the fact that you can't burn the softwares on the CDs?

Is that what you need help in? Burning the softwares onto CDRs?
[post="115292"][/post]​
i mean photoshop, animation and ect program. please help.

darvil

sarNie Adult
angie_thip said:
i mean photoshop, animation and ect program. please help.
[post="115441"][/post]​
Well all you need to do is burn the software on the cdr and then install it using that on the other computer.

I see that you've tried doing that. What kind of problems are you having?

Can you burn the software on the cdr successfully?

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
i burn it to the cdr as data. then i when to the other computer and clip on the add new program. is that right? i did that but it didnt work. can you please show me the right way?

darvil

sarNie Adult
angie_thip said:
i burn it to the cdr as data. then i when to the other computer and clip on the add new program. is that right? i did that but it didnt work. can you please show me the right way?
[post="118348"][/post]​
ah thats the problem. No you don't do it that way.

After you burn the program to the cd as data.. what you do is this.

Put the cd in the other computer. THEN browse to that cd. Find the program you just burned and click on files like "setup.exe" or Install or something along that line.

Then let the program install itself and u're done.

If you don't know what I"m talking give me screenshots of your burned cd. screenshot of the insides of it that is.

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
i dont get it. can you explain more clearly. :D i'm a slow person didnt know much about computer. :D please help.

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
well what i mean is that i burn it to the data program. that is the program where i burn photo and stuff. you know there vcd,cd, and data. you know what i mean? i got it on the cd but just dont know how to install it on the other computer.

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
do you have usb port? get one... usb will be more simple and it's just like a disc. Once you drag it into the USB from one computer to another just deleted it of te usb and you can use the USB again insead of wasting cd. Or better yet...it seem like you switch from one computer to another. Why not d-link it. Make a network system out of it. Then you can pretty much access all the data inwithin the share folder from one computer to another. I think the USB would the they fastest was out.

Nxxt step
each program that you pull in should have an .exe for ex: ps10.exe or setup.ese or install.exe
Double click on one of the above. It'll asks you if you want to run the program. "YES" and the program should be install.

darvil

sarNie Adult
angie_thip said:
well what i mean is that i burn it to the data program. that is the program where i burn photo and stuff. you know there vcd,cd, and data. you know what i mean? i got it on the cd but just dont know how to install it on the other computer.
[post="121312"][/post]​
Ok I get you now.

Do you know how to take screen shots? It will be easier for me to show you thru screenshots.

What you need to do is to put the CD in the other PC. Then you need to double click on the cd icon in "my computer"

Find the folders that you burned. Look for files like "setup" or "install" and double click on it.

If you're confused by this then it will be better to use screenshots.

darvil

sarNie Adult
angie_thip said:
yes i do know how to make screen shot. can you please show.. i'm sorry but dont mind. i'm a slow person.
[post="122676"][/post]​
take screenshots of what you are doing and post em here.

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
well i only know how to make screen shot on window media. so i decide to take picture of what i'm doing.
first i went to the nero and burn it as data disc.

2) i add the stuff that i need from the desktop.

3) i burn my stuff to a CD.

4) i went back to check an my CD and all my stuff were there.

5)i went to my other computer and i clip on my computer and here all the stuff that on my disc. but i dont know how come it doesnt show the picture of those program it just show that white and blue bar.

6) when i double clip on paint shop this what it say. ("Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is avaiable and then try again.")

THIS IS WHAT I'M DOING.

darvil

sarNie Adult
ah ok.

Yes screenshots can really tell wonders and surely makes things really clear.

You're making a few mistakes.

You are burning the stuff correctly but you are burning the wrong things.

First of all you're burning the shortcuts. Look at each of the files on the second screenshot. Each of them are ONLY 2k.

You have to know that you are only burning shortcuts. Shortcuts are not the programs. They are there so that you don't have to waste time trying to find the software and run it. All you have to do is to click on the link and it will run the software.

The 2nd mistake you're doing is that you're assuming you can just burn the software like that. Even if you do find the software in your harddrive, burning it that way will not work.

I see that you are trying to run microsoft office. If you want to run that on the other PC, you have to find the install disc and install it that way.

That is the only way you can run microsoft office on the other PC.

There are some softwares that can find on your harddrive and burn the folder and it will work fine on the other system. Those are usually PC games or basic softwares. Most expensive, complicated softwares like Office, Adobe etc.. are installed in a way that you can't just pulls files from your system and make it work on another PC.

Get the install disc.

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
i was kind of confuse now. what do you mean by get a install disc. is it mean that i cant use the regular disc to burn my stuff. well i will go try it and if i have anymore question i will ask you again. thank you.

darvil

sarNie Adult
angie_thip said:
i was kind of confuse now. what do you mean by get a install disc. is it mean that i cant use the regular disc to burn my stuff. well i will go try it and if i have anymore question i will ask you again. thank you.
[post="127645"][/post]​
No you can use the regular disc to burn your stuff but you can only copy the install disc and use it.

You cannot get stuff that are already on your PC and make it work on another. Songs, movies, etc you can do those. But programs are very different.

Install disc is a cd that the program is on. You use it to install the program onto your computer system.

Have you ever played a computer game? When you buy a PC game you put the cd in and then install the game right? Thats the install the CD.

After you install the game you cannot just burn the files on your PC and make it magically work on another PC.

But you can MAKE A COPY of that install CD and use that copy.

noungning

Heartless
how did you install those programs onto your other computer?

was it automatically installed on the computer when you bought the computer, and now you want those softwares on the other computer? because i see alot of microsoft stuff. and then some media stuff.

if thats the situation you can't because it's software that came with the computer. but if you want the same programs on the other computer, you'd need to download the installation program and install it on the other computer. :sweat:

angie_thip

sarNie Adult
ohh thanks noungning for helping out too. so you mean that i have to install the old disc on the old computer to the new computer?

noungning

Heartless
yes, whatever you installed to the old computer that you want in the new computer has to be reinstalled with the disc u used to install it into that old computer. i hope that helps.