Help: how to reset PC to factory setting?

fun

Expired Sarnie
My pc won't let me log on to my account. I can only get into safe mode and I tried running 2 different anti malware and no malware or virus. I cannot restore to an earlier date because I didn't create one. I don't have a disk either to reinstall windows 7. Is it possible to reset my pc back to factory setting without a disk? I remember doing it once on my HP laptop in 2007. 

My PC is manufactured by Cyberpower, running on Windows 7 version 6.1 7601 Service Pack 1.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
My old computer has this similar problem before, I was told it got some virus. I got someone to fix it for me, but there isn't much he could do, so I had to save all my files and get rid of the computer. Hopefully someone else will see this and help you out.
Sorry I don't know much about computer to help.

cecilia

Staff member
I lost touch with windows since Apple came to my life  so I can't help on this as well lol  .. I tried Google things up to help but it seems complex.  I would suggest calling the manufacture and see what they can help you with. Otherwise, narrow down your PC friends and ask one of them to help you out :)

If you can get to the start up menu, go to search box, type in programs and features and uninstall everything that didn't come with your computer when you bought it. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have to press f8 to get into safe mode and that's the only way for it to let me log in.

I have a Mac laptop but my brother broke the screen thus I got the PC from my brother. He doesn't have the disk and now I am stuck whether I should buy a new laptop or desktop or get one of the two fix. Either way it's gonna cost me money and I thought I could get some help in reviving the PC at no cost lol

I Googled it and I came across a post by someone who had the same exact problem. They couldn't get their PC to boot pass the window start up. There was a solution but it only worked for window vista (as stated in the forum post). I haven't tried it (in case it might work on windows 7 but it's a long process.

cecilia

Staff member
Can the IT people at your university help you out? I know the IT people do it at my university at no cost.

If it costs more to fix then perhaps replacing it with another Apple laptop wouldn't be a bad idea.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
OH scrooge it I ran into this today just got done fixing it well not really fixing it, had to backup all the file and start from scratch!

I have Window 8 though.

Someone was using my computer and I don't know what happen it kicked them out of the site.  So the computer was set to restart, but it doesn't do that, it kept saying to restart because there is a problem.  I tried to run everything that was telling me to do, but still doesn't work.  Finally after so many tries and hours pass, yelling and feds up I backup all the files to my portable harddrive, and it just takes me to start everything from manufacture.  After that I just run a recovery from the files I backup and is working again. 

I'm on different comp ATM... because right now is doing its thing and I'm redownload programs I need to surf the net with it.  But so far so good, its welcoming me as new computer. LOL

Hope this help those that might run into these kind of problem, but please don't ask me how because I don't know either AHAHA LOL I just click on whatever the computer was telling me to do.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Thanks everyone for the tip. I ordered a recovery disk on Amazon and now my computer is back to factory setting. Sadly I only saved music and photos, not programs. What a regret. But I have encountered another problem. My volume doesn't work. I mean I needed to buy a new sound card but the monitor had a headphone jack that I used before so I never had the need for a sound card. But now the monitor volume doesn't work. I tried running troubleshoot but nothing. So what's the point of having a computer with no sound. I just went ahead to buy me a new laptop. I decided to go with a intel. A cheap version because all I need is access to the internet with sound.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
fun said:
Thanks everyone for the tip. I ordered a recovery disk on Amazon and now my computer is back to factory setting. Sadly I only saved music and photos, not programs. What a regret. But I have encountered another problem. My volume doesn't work. I mean I needed to buy a new sound card but the monitor had a headphone jack that I used before so I never had the need for a sound card. But now the monitor volume doesn't work. I tried running troubleshoot but nothing. So what's the point of having a computer with no sound. I just went ahead to buy me a new laptop. I decided to go with a intel. A cheap version because all I need is access to the internet with sound.

Make sure you have the latest driver for your soundcard.  Who is the manufacture?  You can go to their website to see if you have the latest driver. 

- Make sure you update all the security setting from Windows
- Have a good firewall and Antivirus
- Backup cleaner just in case. 

- I do a antivirus scan everyweek and then with Malwarebytes. 

- This is my setup.  Eset Smart Security 8.  Malwarebytes and Superantispyware as a secondary options.