HELP ME PLEASE! How To...

darvil

sarNie Adult
rukD2B said:
yeah the Partitioning thing! thats what my bro said to me...he said thats the best way to get rid of viruses and stuff...b/c it like totally wipes it out..but noungning...on wat you've said about making the recovery cd...i couldnt make them...the program said that its empty or sumthing and I would have to buy them. I guess thats wat i do? I've been talking to my sis about getting that too...but then i'm not sure so i'm asking...i think i have the same version of comp that noungning does too... the HP M7260N right? cause thats my version...or model #...why do you say taht Partitioning is useless in this case?
[post="133485"][/post]​
Your brother doesn't know what he's talking about. Thats formatting and not partitioning.

Partitioning is the process where you split your harddrive into different pieces. You see on your harddrive you have a C: and a D:. You probably only have 1 harddrive. So how come it shows 2? Well thats what partitioning does. Now why would we do that? Well its done that way so when you reformat your PC it will only wipe the information from drive C: and not D:. Drive D is where your recovery information is suppose to be stored at.

In the old days (and by that I mean win98 etc..) people use to use fdisk to recreate partitions when they format. Which is pointless IMHO and a waste of time.

Anyway now that I've gauge how knowledgeable your brother is, I will intervene fully now.

You could do like Ning said and order the CDs since the information is lost on your Harddrive. I am still curious about how that info got lost. and why would someone delete the stuff from there (unless they don't know what they're doing). The recovery stuff would have made your life very very easy.

Right now I'm uploading a CD for you that will let you format and reinstall windows XP. Now if we're going to do this, you will have to dedicate some time and come in the chat so we can do this together.

Now FYI I don't like to help people who start but quit without finishing. So if you're serious then let me know and we'll sort this out. BTW the process is not hard.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
is what your doing now illegal at all b/c if it is..i dont want you to get introuble b/c you were helping me. but if your down with helping me, yes i'm very serious. and i'm not backing out. my bro said to me that partitioning is when you remove the C: and D: right? and then re-installing them or sumthing..but i dont really trust him cause i dont think he's that smart...but i'm going to have to start this maybe tomorrow or so b/c today..i cant either. I'm really thankful your helping me Darvil, thank you so much!

rukD2B

wait for a little bit..i think today if you can get the file that your ul-ing up..then i'll dl it but immah try to call the geek squad first..my sis is sayin that..i'm not sure if they can help but i'll try

darvil

sarNie Adult
rukD2B said:
wait for a little bit..i think today if you can get the file that your ul-ing up..then i'll dl it but immah try to call the geek squad first..my sis is sayin that..i'm not sure if they can help but i'll try
[post="133501"][/post]​
It'll take 8 hours for me to upload so I should be done around 5pm Pacific. I will be gone til 7pm Pacific so after that we can do this. Before you can start you will have to download the file and then burn it using Alcohol (which is on www.sarnworld.com/programs). You might as well install that program now.

Its really not that big a deal. And as for illegal.. we're doing illegal things on this board lol. Its just a hassle to upload the file and stuff. But since I"m not uploading anything is all right.

I don't think the geek squad can help you at this point. I don't think they're allow to give you any programs that you don't own without paying. If I remember correctly they will just help you reinstall and fix stuff (but since you don't have it its pointless).

And also (its probably wrong for me to say this) but your brother is unreliable. I think he's repeating something that he heard or read somewhere. Sadly he's misinformed. This also leads me to the suspicion of why he doesn't want to help you (I think he's scared of messing things up if he did).

All right let me know what you want to do.

rukD2B

THANK YOU! i'm thinking maybe i could be able to do it tonight...and if thats what your saying i'll discuss it with my sis too b/c we both share the comp and all...my bro...i dont mind that you say that he's unreliable..me, myself AND my sis...we're on the same road as you. If i cant get on tonight then maybe i'll try tomorrow. i'll get on flashchat tonight if possible. Thank you so much Darvil!

rukD2B

This stuff was crazy...but Darvil...you're a nerd...or geek? iono..haha...nerd..i'll go w/ that...lol....hey...I'M NOT BANNED YET...

rukD2B

Darvil said:
where's my rep point?????????
[post="135681"][/post]​

DUDE! i dont see the rep stuff no more...did you fukk up my comp? haha...nah i dont see it though...TRIED to look for it...wasnt successful...is there a reason why?

noungning

Heartless
u see the lil green plus sign, just click on that. and u should be able to give him a point... um lol don't forget the favor!! lmao

rukD2B

no actually i dont see it no more...odd rite? iono why...i've looked for 3 days now...haha...the favor...dont scare me remember? bwwaahh i'm only 15! haha...jk...yeah i still remember..i dont think i'll be forgettin soon..

noungning

Heartless
are u on the default skin or on the gray skin. if you're on the gray forum skin u should be able to to see it

rukD2B

LMFAO!! haha...seriously? haha..HILARIOUS!! hahahaha...dont kill me w/ laughter...haha....funnie..really funnie..