Help on fourcc

mskinyi

i downloaded this movie to watch on my divx... but a window pops up and says: the video file you are opening includes video data that is not recognized by the Divx Player

The file contains the following type of data:

video data= FOURCC code "H264"

You may need to install a new video codec on your computer to watch this video.

if its possible can anyone tell me where to download a codec that can read that?? thanks in advance!!!

mskinyi

errr for some reason it didn't work( on divx player)... but when i used the player that came with the pack... it worked but the video and audio lags from each other

mskinyi

haha yea that was the first thing i played the video file on.. it plays fine like 5 sec of it then the picture freezes but you can still hear the audio.. then a window pops up stating there's an error... that why i thought i had a better chance with divx player... guess not

darvil

sarNie Adult
mskinyi said:
haha yea that was the first thing i played the video file on.. it plays fine like 5 sec of it then the picture freezes but you can still hear the audio.. then a window pops up stating there's an error... that why i thought i had a better chance with divx player... guess not
[post="16843"][/post]​
ummm have you tried bsplayer with it?

mskinyi

do you want the good news or the bad???

lols wells let start with the good... the good news i finally found the codec, so its now installed... the bad news even though its installed the video is bad... like you can't see nothing like bad reception cept its not like moving like it does on television... this happen on both the divx and bsplayer...sigh

darvil

sarNie Adult
mskinyi said:
do you want the good news or the bad???
lols wells let start with the good... the good news i finally found the codec, so its now installed... the bad news even though its installed the video is bad... like you can't see nothing like bad reception cept its not like moving like it does on television... this happen on both the divx and bsplayer...sigh
[post="16892"][/post]​
I looked up on this H264 codec.. its suppose to be this kick ass codec but dunno. Alot of people say Xvid is better.. either case.. it's also an Intel codec? what the hell..

Maybe installing other codec packs will help.

Whats the file anyway?

mskinyi

its an avi. file... hmmm in the file name the uploader put in parenthesee DVDSCR... i dun think thats any bit of a help, but just in case

darvil

sarNie Adult
mskinyi said:
its an avi. file... hmmm in the file name the uploader put in parenthesee DVDSCR... i dun think thats any bit of a help, but just in case
[post="16911"][/post]​
it doesn't mean anything.. it just means the source.. like TS.. the name after that is the group that ripped it.

Your best bet is to ask whoever encoded it.. they did a lousy job.. or just something that not alot of people have.. anyway if its a forum.. you can post it..

its probably a movie.. isn't it? Try doing a search for that complete movie file on google and see if you see other people complaining or not.