HELP on making a website

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
Can someone please help me make a website? I am taking an IT class and my instructor has a heavy accent and i don't understand her. I have to make a webpage using notepad. I already have some things up, but I was told that I need to have 3 pages, which includes a homepage and two other links on the webpage.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
This would be pretty easy then. What's the topic of the website that you're making?
Also, in your case, it seems that you should be using HTML code. You should google
for HTML codes if you don't know much about it, depends.

noungning

Heartless
if you wanna cheat... here's the best way!

create the webpage using something like word. save it as a webpage. then open the index file with notepad, copy and paste all the sources onto a .txt file.

hope that helps.

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
Thanks everyone for helping. I think I'm using HTML codes or tags with notepad. This project is so ridiculous. My partner and I have to make a website about ourselves.

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
I still need help!! I created all the pages I needed with notepad, but don't know how to save it as a website so the links will work. Anyone, please help me.

cecilia

Staff member
^when you save your notepad .. make sure to take out the .txt and add in the HTML afterward .. like for example .. JEAN.HTML or JEAN.HTM <--that way when you upload to your hosting site, it'll link to itself (this became a website file) .. otherwise, if you don't want to do this then you have to go and create it page by page and copy+paste the code which you have done through notepad and paste it there. does this sound confusing?

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
I changed the files to html, but it wasn't working out. But thanks again everyone for trying to help me. It was due this morning so I went to class early and two guys that were in my class helped me out.