Help One Last Time to Cast Leading Role In Film

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
Hello Everyone,

This is PC Vaj of Scrad Entertainmenmt Group. Unfortunately one of our leading male cast members did not work out. We are looking for a new actor to take his place. I am asking all of you to help us find an actor to take on this role. He will play Tou Long Kue, the heir to a real estate empire. He is good looking, rich, arrogant, and can be charming at times.

As mentioned before, this is a 5-6 hour long hmong drama. We have already began filming in Sacramento, CA. We have a very big cast with a very complicated storyline. We are looking for someone who is at least 5'5 and above who is above average looks and very comfortable on screen. Most of the other leading male actors in house are very good looking (trust me on this one lol...and yes..they do know how to work that suit! ) and are between 5'5 and 5'10. We are looking for someone to compliment them. If he can be from Sacramento it would be great, but Fresno, Stockton, or Merced cities are also fine as long as they can get to the shoots on the weekends.

Requirement: No experience necessary (this is most of our current actors first film) Must be hmong, be able to speak and understand hmong. We would prefer if he can read hmong but thats not necessary.

Please have anyone interested email us their questions or photos at www.info@scradentertainmentgroup.com.

Thanks again for all of your help!

PC Vaj
Producer/Director

pakou90

sarNie Egg
Hello Everyone,

This is PC Vaj of Scrad Entertainmenmt Group. Unfortunately one of our leading male cast members did not work out. We are looking for a new actor to take his place. I am asking all of you to help us find an actor to take on this role. He will play Tou Long Kue, the heir to a real estate empire. He is good looking, rich, arrogant, and can be charming at times.

As mentioned before, this is a 5-6 hour long hmong drama. We have already began filming in Sacramento, CA. We have a very big cast with a very complicated storyline. We are looking for someone who is at least 5'5 and above who is above average looks and very comfortable on screen. Most of the other leading male actors in house are very good looking (trust me on this one lol...and yes..they do know how to work that suit! ) and are between 5'5 and 5'10. We are looking for someone to compliment them. If he can be from Sacramento it would be great, but Fresno, Stockton, or Merced cities are also fine as long as they can get to the shoots on the weekends.
Requirement: No experience necessary (this is most of our current actors first film) Must be hmong, be able to speak and understand hmong. We would prefer if he can read hmong but thats not necessary.

Please have anyone interested email us their questions or photos at www.info@scradentertainmentgroup.com.

Thanks again for all of your help!

PC Vaj
Producer/Director

---wow...that's a bummer....anyways hope u find someone soon cause i can't wait to see the movie...^_^..

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
---wow...that's a bummer....anyways hope u find someone soon cause i can't wait to see the movie...^_^..

Thank you...If you are the PKT that I think you are, MT speaks highly of you. Turns out he's our cousin too lol... thanks for the understanding.
He surprised us with his portrayal of Michael. The attitude and arrogance was down to the T against ML's Kalia and KMX's Sean. As a matter of fact, when we reviewed the shoot,.. all we could think of was "damn they're good"! Looking at them you would never have guessed that they can "really act". We were impressed with the chemistry between all three leads on screen. We havn't even touched the other characters yet. All in all , thanks to all of you in this forum...I think we have a really good cast. I can't wait until the public meets our Michael, Sean, Kalia, Blong, Tou Long, Allison, Jack, Kevin and David. Thanks for all the support!

Now..if we can only find someone to fill in Tou Long's role???

Elizabeth
SEG

angelness

sarNie Egg
What exactly kind of movie is this... honestly when the main character is a bad actor... the whole movie sort of drags on... it's exhausting to watch... I usually leave or fall asleep. Although, when I do stay up to watch the whole movie.. it's because me and my sisters are laughing and pointing at the bad acting and strange scenes... not to mention that sometimes we as the audience can tell when some of the scenes, no matter how great of props they have, just completely doesn't make sense with the character or the movie. Anyways... I hope the best for this movie.. I hope it's not as dissappointing as the many I've seen... Although... how do you expect to get an actor to be just from around California... although it's quiet sad that there are so many other hmong all over U.S.... too bad not everyone can make it...

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
What exactly kind of movie is this... honestly when the main character is a bad actor... the whole movie sort of drags on... it's exhausting to watch... I usually leave or fall asleep. Although, when I do stay up to watch the whole movie.. it's because me and my sisters are laughing and pointing at the bad acting and strange scenes... not to mention that sometimes we as the audience can tell when some of the scenes, no matter how great of props they have, just completely doesn't make sense with the character or the movie. Anyways... I hope the best for this movie.. I hope it's not as dissappointing as the many I've seen... Although... how do you expect to get an actor to be just from around California... although it's quiet sad that there are so many other hmong all over U.S.... too bad not everyone can make it...

Thank you for the comment. We will certainly keep that in mind. You are right that unfortunately we couldn't use the talents of those many talented actors outside of Cali, but being that we'll be shooting in SAC..I don't think they will be willing to fly in to SAC on their own for the shoot every weekend. It just doesn't make sense. However, I truely believe that Cali is full of many young hmong actors. In the end..I , as the producer will be the one to lose if I don't choose the right cast to portray my characters. I could have chosen my cast from my family members just as easily since we have so many nieces and nephews that are of the right ages to portray the roles, but that would have been a big no..no.. (one thing you learn is to never cast friends or family in the roles unless its an exceptional case). So we held auditions...There were more than one decision maker involved and I had to fight them to get the specific young men and ladies for those specific roles. Like I told them...I wrote the script, I know who my characters are and why they're there. I will know who my actor is once I see him/her just like I knew who my first three leads would be as soon as they walked into auditions. I don't judge people by looks alone..I have to feel out their attitude and interactions with others before I settle on them, but then there are just those other ones that you just know is the character when they walk in. There's just that presence and attitude about them.

I have to admit that I myself also had some reservations on my own casting, but I am so happy that I went with my gut instincts and fought against the others for them because now I can't imagine the drama without them in it. They are in essence those characters. Think of the main leads in the KDrama Full House and MY Girl. They have that kind of same hatred against each other, and yet when they're together in a scene you still want to watch them because of the chemistry between them. Our girl is not the typical demure ...polite kind of hmong girl that would stand around and take crap....and most of our prince charmings aren't exactly very charming either. So yes I kind of had my reservations because I also doubted if they could pull off my characters even when they have that presence ....but when we called action they "were" them down to the T. I am not a very easy person to impress, but I was impressed and at the same time relieved that I had found them. And yes..I do know what bad acting is....I will not let my audience down because of bad acting and try my best to perfect it.

The story is very complicated to explain...we have a huge cast..8 lead characters and 7 supporting roles. I am attempting to tell this story to the best that I can without leaving my audience clueless as to why certain persons are where they are and why things happen the way it did. Perhaps that’s why the story is so long. I will try to give enough details so that everything will fall into place once you watch the series. I admit that there will probably be some boring or draggy parts in the film but I promise you that there will also be laughter at times, and sorrow at others too. Oh well we all can't be perfect. This is after all our first attempt to make a 6 hour long drama with over 20 different cast members with their own drama in the storyline. Somehow I don’t think that this has been done before in the US hmong film industry. So we will do it to the best of our abilities and hope that you all will help support not just us but all of us present and future film makers so that we can make even better films.

Deepest Regards,
PC Vaj
SEG

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Make sure you tell your audience it's a series, that way when they buy one part they won't be whinning why it is "to be continue." Cause hmong people are used to one movie end. I hope this movie isn't similair to taiwan drama "Devil Beside You" and "Meteor Garden" cause the main lead actresses doesn't take crap from anyone, and the main lead actors are rich in a way and not the typical prince charming.

If you're going to make your main actress strong, please don't make her too stuck up, and not too optismistic that she looks as if she's high on drugs. And for the leading actors, can you at least make them work out a bit so they have a little built body, not too built because that'll make them look like they're using steriods. I was hoping the cast had better names that compliment their attitudes, but the names are final, so I can't do anything about that. Wish you the best.

One note. Remember to group your cast and take a photo shoot, so you'll have nice pictures to put on the dvd cover/vhs cover. Also please create original soundtracks for the movie, try not to use familair songs. I would reconmend Destiny, because they put alot of passion into their singing, their songs has good lyrics too.

Fearless

sarNie Adult
I'm excitedly looking forward to see your movie! I wish you all the best! I hope you have a nice movie cover and good songs in the movie.

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
Make sure you tell your audience it's a series, that way when they buy one part they won't be whinning why it is "to be continue." Cause hmong people are used to one movie end. I hope this movie isn't similair to taiwan drama "Devil Beside You" and "Meteor Garden" cause the main lead actresses doesn't take crap from anyone, and the main lead actors are rich in a way and not the typical prince charming.

If you're going to make your main actress strong, please don't make her too stuck up, and not too optismistic that she looks as if she's high on drugs. And for the leading actors, can you at least make them work out a bit so they have a little built body, not too built because that'll make them look like they're using steriods. I was hoping the cast had better names that compliment their attitudes, but the names are final, so I can't do anything about that. Wish you the best.

One note. Remember to group your cast and take a photo shoot, so you'll have nice pictures to put on the dvd cover/vhs cover. Also please create original soundtracks for the movie, try not to use familair songs. I would reconmend Destiny, because they put alot of passion into their singing, their songs has good lyrics too.

Thank you for the suggestion. I too love Kdramas/JDramas/chinese and taiwanese dramas. I saw MG but I just never got into Devil beside you so I stopped watching. Maybe because the lead actress bugged the hell out of me ..lol.. Anyhow our drama will be different. After watching all those drama's I just got sick of the love triangle thing. I thought it would be interesting to have four super wealthy prince charmings chase after a very simple girl who instead of being impressed with their wealth...runs from them. These so called prince charmings are in a sense not too charming to begin with either. Of course there are other issues involved too but you'll have to see it to figure out what the whole storyline is since its too complicated to explain. Too many issues with each individual character and their background history to go into details. We chose good old american names because those were the most common hmong american names out there. This is a drama based in the US about some very wealthy powerful hmong families so they need to have strong American names to go with their titles.

We will also have our official photo shoot in two weeks. The photos should be up on our web site shortly after that. You can be the judge of their physiques once you see them on the web site. I think they're all pretty well built. Not too scrawny or girlie looking, but a good enough build.

I will see if we can get some original songs on the track. The lyrics and melodies have been written and thought of , but no one to arrange it yet. Unknown to me...we actually have a few very talented singers in the cast as well. So we'll see if we can get them to sing and arrange it for us (actually I don't think they will have a choice..lol..)

The series will probably be released as a whole set....that is if we can finish the entire shoot in time. But being the perfectionist that I am ...I will most likely take my time and when its done..it'll be done right. We hope to release it Thanksgiving or Christmas 2007. Once again thanks for the support!

PC Vaj

leek18

sarNie Adult
hey where did you guys film the movie at?? well hope to see you guys around and yeah i'm going to support you guys :yahoo: also i am interested to replace him but um i don't think i can do it and also i'm not that handsome so i don't think i can replaced him if you guys let me be like a guest actors or support actors then i would say yes but um that character i don't think i can do it but yeah Pa Houa you do know me and you already see me, anyway if you guys were looking for him then i think i would like to try oh yeah my height is like 5'6 something

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
hey where did you guys film the movie at?? well hope to see you guys around and yeah i'm going to support you guys :yahoo: also i am interested to replace him but um i don't think i can do it and also i'm not that handsome so i don't think i can replaced him if you guys let me be like a guest actors or support actors then i would say yes but um that character i don't think i can do it but yeah Pa Houa you do know me and you already see me, anyway if you guys were looking for him then i think i would like to try oh yeah my height is like 5'6 something

check your email

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
I know someone...but he's adorable ALL the time and NEVER arogant hehe...but he lives in MN and isn't hmong...so yeah...good luck with the pr'ek role! and to anyone auditioning!

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
That reminds me. In Taiwaness, Korean, Thai drama, they sometimes let their main leads sing, so it doesn’t hurt to let your main leads sing a few songs.

BTW. It bugs me when a guy or girl doesn’t get pair up, so hopefully the majority of your leads get each other. Haha. For example, Hua Ze Leng in Meteor Garden.

Concerning the name of the cast. Isn’t it a bit of stereo type, to pick out names just because they’re popular among the rich hmong community?

Once you get your site done, be sure to post the link so members here can check it out and support you.

genn04

sarNie Hatchling
thanks to SEG. I'm looking forward to this drama or series. Sounds interesting and yes, we are getting there. Keep up the good work. Some of my thought to this series, since you guys are looking for the lead cast, why not get info on that one Phej Ej, Cher Peek Lee. I'm pretty sure he matched that role. Plus he, himself also star in, "Ib Zaug Ntxiv". He's a good actor, i think.

I have a question, I myself have a passion of making drama happen, is there a way i can join your team. Personally, i likes singing, writing song, script, and likes directing scenes. hit me bak ok.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i can't wait anymore.. damn.. i'm a movieaholic.. can't wait any longer.. lol.. so Omg! SEG.. are u guys going to have bloopers towards the end cause i think u guys should.. that will be great.. :)

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
That reminds me. In Taiwaness, Korean, Thai drama, they sometimes let their main leads sing, so it doesn’t hurt to let your main leads sing a few songs.

BTW. It bugs me when a guy or girl doesn’t get pair up, so hopefully the majority of your leads get each other. Haha. For example, Hua Ze Leng in Meteor Garden.

Concerning the name of the cast. Isn’t it a bit of stereo type, to pick out names just because they’re popular among the rich hmong community?

Once you get your site done, be sure to post the link so members here can check it out and support you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I would love to make an IDOL drama in the future. I will most likely end up making some of my leads sing since they are singers in their own right. It'll be easier too since they already have albums out themselves.

I know that there are a lot of good looking and beautiful young hmong kids out there but they're just too shy to come audition. So my advice is.. come on in for the auditions...we'll train you. You'll be shy at first but once you get to know us you'll laugh non-stop. Yes..we're that fun to work with. You can ask our current cast members...they were all shy at first, but now we can't get them to shut-up (lol)...The tricks they play on each other is hilarious....We are just lucky that our cast are all good kids with good backgrounds and work ethics. So far their chemistry on screen and off screen have been great. I couldn't have asked for a better cast. They're all hilarious off screen so we all have a ball at the shoots. Hopefully with them all getting along so well off screen, it will help trenscend it on to the screen so that the drama would be even better.

Even after the cast was finalized we almost lost our first two main leads due to conflicts with parents. I had to practically beg the parents to let them do it. Thank goodness someone was watching over us. So you see...making a film is not easy..especially when you have to deal with their parents (even though they're all over 18, out of respect for the parents we still have to go and personally speak with their parents and ask their permission). I don't know how other directors are , but I feel that we are a legitimate production company...we can't afford to offend the parents and leave them clueless. I will normally speak with the parents so at least they know who we are and that their kids are safe with us.

It is hard trying to make a film...You wouldn't believe all the obstacles that we had to jump through. Talking to the city for permits, buying insurance for the sets, reserving location shoots and trying to get people to give us permission to shoot on their property alone can be a pain. So I hope that all of you will help support us on our journey to helping pave a path for the hmong film industry.

Regards,
PC Vaj

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
i have a question........... how many part is it going to be?......... <_<
well....... PC VAJ tell MT to act it well so it won't be too boring........
good luck and i'm waiting to find out how good it's going to be...... :ph34r:

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
oh... now i just thought about someone... my cousin... heheh...

he's like 19 years old... i know he is WAYYYY taller than 5'5... he's probably like close to 6 feet or is already 6 feet.. his brothers them are all realllllie tall....

interested? hehehe... maybe i will mention this to him... =D