HELP : SPEEDING UP LAPTOP

sweetie_tootie

sarNie Hatchling
Hey does anyone know how I can make my laptop faster in terms of speed cuz it's been really slow lately. (It's an HP laptop) Do I have to dl something to make it better, upgrade, or defragment? Thanks in advance.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Hmm... if it wasn't slow in the first place and the specs are pretty good, then perhaps you just need a little defragment and cache clearing. After you've done all of those, restart your machine. If that didn't work then, perhaps you've caught a malware? Run a test and see. The link below contains a DL to my favorite malware remover. It works wonders on my machine. :D

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Good luck.

cecilia

Staff member
^omg, my was slow these past few days. i didn't even think of that .. malware. LOL.
i shall do a scan again b/c i was about to do a REFORMAT the other day but hold back :lol:
.. thanks for the reminder and the link ^^

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Do what 'ladyofdarkness' said.

Other things you could do is UPGRADE the RAM memory. If the max RAM on your laptop is 2gb (or 4gb) and you only have 1gb. Than UPGRADE to a 2gb or 4gb. Another thing is ... Delete old files or unwanted files cus too much files and less storage can really show everything down. I believe Vista need atleast 15gb+ of free space to run smoothly and XP need about 10gb+.