hmong beauty Pageant

bigbirdnme

sarNie Egg
without thinking, i just join the Hmong new year beauty Pageant. what should i do now. I don't know how to talk like they do and i don't have any talent.
any advices..... please...

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
what??? sound like your family didn't even know that you are going to compete.

Hello there is family and friend that can help!!!! what pageant r u competing??? maybe u just playing around here and just a lie, huh?

stephanie

sarNie Adult
well... if u got talent use it! haha! play an instrument... it always amuses people...if you can't handle a tone don't sing, you'll make the audience go deaf (like pzk)... but best of luck! oOo... practice ur hmong, and don't sound too fake... it annoys ppl.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
without thinking, i just join the Hmong new year beauty Pageant. what should i do now. I don't know how to talk like they do and i don't have any talent.
any advices..... please...

where are you from? and what pageant are you going for? all i can say is Hmong pageant suck ass!

Have fun!!

Btw You don't have to know how to talk like them, as long as you can speak hmong a little then you will be fine.
just be yourself. :D

bigbirdnme

sarNie Egg
St. Paul MN, I try to talk like them but i can't. so i guess i won't.

where are you from? and what pageant are you going for? all i can say is Hmong pageant suck ass!

Have fun!!

Btw You don't have to know how to talk like them, as long as you can speak hmong a little then you will be fine.
just be yourself. :D

bigbirdnme

sarNie Egg
My family know, my dad support me on it but my mom is just making fun of me.

what??? sound like your family didn't even know that you are going to compete.

Hello there is family and friend that can help!!!! what pageant r u competing??? maybe u just playing around here and just a lie, huh?

bigbirdnme

sarNie Egg
I wish i have a talent.... most of the talent i have are useless for the pageant, like Drill.

well... if u got talent use it! haha! play an instrument... it always amuses people...if you can't handle a tone don't sing, you'll make the audience go deaf (like pzk)... but best of luck! oOo... practice ur hmong, and don't sound too fake... it annoys ppl.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult

i will never understand those people who comment the youtube video and says that she sounds good
it is horrible! that's not even talent. if she thought that was a talent act.. she must have NO talent at all.
goodness... back to the topic now...
i'll tell you what ticks me off when i watch a pageant..

1. fake voices. <-- annoys the heck out of me! some sound like mice!
2. fake smiles. <-- makes them look funny and like they are going to cry...
3. "sexy" walks. <-- makes them look like they are trying too hard.
4. girls who talk about laos and their homeland. <-- be honest.. you know you don't care.

what else? feel free to add on.

one more thing... be ready to handle all the criticism and rude comments people have to say
if you haven't noticed already.. lots of threads in here are gossip and criticism
we probably won't have anything to say.. but just be ready..
if you're gonna put yourself out there to the public.. make sure you can handle all the talk!

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
omg! im practicing now, thinking about it.
i wanna do it.

will you guys laugh at me? lol.
fresno pageant. but i heard lotts of bad smack about hmong pageants in general.
i want the experience and the fun.
im a happy person, i dont want to be negative when and IF i do it :)

what 'talents' i think i have:

- i can sing in korean/thai/chinese. it wont be the BEST, but i can read and write korean, so more in that language.
what do you guys think? it's not hmong so it's bad, huh?
but i think that's the beauty of being hmong, we can do more than just hmong things.

- if i practice, i can do those hmong-chinese wailing song. lol.
what do you guys think? like AYouDo's music. lol.

- i can act? like comedy style. im a funny person, maybe some comedy to lighten up the tense competition?

im thinking about it. cause we have a month before things get rolling.

any ideas???

GOOD LUCK bigbirdnme!!!!
i'll support you. cheer for you along the way :)

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i wanna do it.

- i can sing in korean/thai/chinese. it wont be the BEST, but i can read and write korean, so more in that language.
but i think that's the beauty of being hmong, we can do more than just hmong things.

- i can act? like comedy style. im a funny person, maybe some comedy to lighten up the tense competition?

any ideas???

GOOD LUCK bigbirdnme!!!!
If you are expecting to win, you better do something "Hmong" that the OGS will like. that way you have more chance of winning. hehe

But since you are not expecting to win but to have fun. do whatever you want. Act, sing, whatever. LOL! as long as you are having fun on stage. but remember this, whatever you do. YESS! People will have something to say, good and bad comments, so just be ready to handle people's opinion. :D Btw it's just words, it won't hurt. Good luck.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
^ Thank you :)
i know that Hmong people want to see only Hmong things.
so close minded sometimes.
yah, i know there will be bad talk, good talk.
i need to toughen up too, this will be a good challenge.

but bigbirdnme, im sure you have some talent.
singing is always a great thing to do.
do you play an instrument? want to learn one?
you have about 2 months to practice,
im sure you'll be ready with a talent by then :)

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
wow, you are going for Miss Hmong International! wow! a very competitive pageant that include overseas girls and other miss hmong. So, try your best and we will see how it goes.

i wanna do it.

any ideas???

GOOD LUCK bigbirdnme!!!!

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
yep if u do things that are not hmong u have no chance of winning...therefore try playing the qeej...i mean you dnt have to know how to play jux jump around wit it buh di correct way of course....

nothinghill

sarNie Egg
i wanna do it.

any ideas???

GOOD LUCK bigbirdnme!!!!

NOT TO BE MEAN, BUT WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE? WITH HMONG PAGEANTS, ESPECIALLY SAC AND FRESNO!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOOK!!1...I FEEL SAD SEEING THE BIG ONES COMPETING, GOODNESS, DON'T THEY LOOK AT THE MIRROR B/4 ENTERING? HAHAHA...SORRY, JUST MY OPINION.
HOWEVER, IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO PASS THEM F**KING JUDGES' DUMB JUDGING SYSTEM, THEN GO FOR IT....WISH YOU LUCK...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
NOT TO BE MEAN, BUT WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE? WITH HMONG PAGEANTS, ESPECIALLY SAC AND FRESNO!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOOK!!1...I FEEL SAD SEEING THE BIG ONES COMPETING, GOODNESS, DON'T THEY LOOK AT THE MIRROR B/4 ENTERING? HAHAHA...SORRY, JUST MY OPINION.
HOWEVER, IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO PASS THEM F**KING JUDGES' DUMB JUDGING SYSTEM, THEN GO FOR IT....WISH YOU LUCK...

hahaa pzk wasn't pretty and she was big too!! she won!!! hahaha!! so whatever you said, it is not true, they don't go for looks. lmao

if they did, pzk wouldn't have won! haha

i believe that, before all the girl's enter the pageant. they have already selected the winner. :D

lauj_starlights

sarNie Egg
i'll have to say that hmong pageant isn't one of the
the best pageant but i'm hmong and so i support it.

you need to know for sure how to speak hmong.
and have a talent. last time or is it two years ago that this lady
perform 'paj huam' and it was amazing. i know that is probably what you
dont want to do but do something youre good at.

Number one rule is also ... NO FAKING
:unsure:

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
hahaa pzk wasn't pretty and she was big too!! she won!!! hahaha!! so whatever you said, it is not true, they don't go for looks. lmao
if they did, pzk wouldn't have won! haha
i believe that, before all the girl's enter the pageant. they have already selected the winner. :D
^ although she wasnt the skinniest, i didnt think she was fat ugly.
i hope it's not base on size only. cause im sure there's tons of bigger girls that are more real and legit.

i'll have to say that hmong pageant isn't one of the
the best pageant but i'm hmong and so i support it.

you need to know for sure how to speak hmong.
and have a talent. last time or is it two years ago that this lady
perform 'paj huam' and it was amazing. i know that is probably what you
dont want to do but do something youre good at.

Number one rule is also ... NO FAKING
:unsure:
^ i totally agree with the No Faking too. that's one reason i wanna do the pageant.
i want to show the elders and all that you dont have to be the typical hmong girl to be successful,
that you can like different hobbies but if you're a good person and daughter you can fulfill what you want to.

my hmong isnt the best but it can be delivered.
i'll just throw and few thai words in. lol.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
^ although she wasnt the skinniest, i didnt think she was fat ugly.
i hope it's not base on size only. cause im sure there's tons of bigger girls that are more real and legit.

[/font][/size]
Lol dont get me wrong here, i wasnt saying she was hideous & fat looking.
but yep like i said, i hope its not base on size. that will SUCK!! and even
if it is, the contestants should not look at that and not join. becausse like u said
they can be more real and legit. lol

-Speaking of this, a few years back, my cousin wanted to join the pageant but after the girl's, the contestants saw my
cousin's picture and got a few infor on her, they wanted to back out because they said they already know
they have zero chance of winning. So, my cousin back out because if she joined. The new year wouldn't have enough
girl's to join and they will lose a lot of money. And back then, you had to pay to go see the pageant.

btw Hmong pageant suck ass anyways. Lol

DaH_LaDiE

sarNie Hatchling
Awwww well, don't feel too bad. You'll do fine up there. Be confident and don't give a f*** what people say or think of you. No one is perfect. Have a positive mental attitude.
Every year there's always someone who screws up and makes themselves look stupid. So don't be that person. Haha I know that was a bad example. But anyways, like everyone says, don't be too fake.
&& what I mean by fake is: Don't look too stiff, smile but relax your face/cheeks, talk with your normal voice of tone. You'll be fine up there.
Show them what your mama gave you!!

=]

Good luck and don't be afraid of anyone.