lol ur a vang..just go ask ur parent what kind of vang you guys are
say "Niam / txiv peb yog cov hmoob vaj dabtsis nab?"

then ask where tat name might have come from...these names are
so u'll know which vangs or watever last name is from the same clan
as ur family
Ohh Maybe i Should..Okai thankx..

s0rrow_chick

sarNie Egg
Since I started this... lol... WOW! Thanks! Well I am a Moua and my family lives in Minnesota... haha. I dont think we have any restriction watsoever... Though my sister in law is a VANG and when she married my brother my parents did ask wat kind of Vang clan she was from. I forgot... But yeah my bro and her married happily with 2 kids now..
I have heard of the Yang boys who cant eat the lung or heart. My uncle accidently ate one and ended up choking. The family who cooked that meal didnt know so they accidently cooked that part along wid the food.

ONe thing I hate most... is when you talk to a guy and ppl ask what clan of Moua you are from. I seem to hate that ppls always see you in that light. I do want to marry into a good clan in the future and have kids and I want in the future that my kids do marry into good family clans but why is clan history so important. Ppls always see you in that light. I do love my clan and all the respect and I am proud to be a MOUA but the oldies kinda drive me nuts. they always say I am from a good clan and they know my dad. Do they really KNOW MY DAD... haha... bugs me when they always say that... lol....

my friend told me that why they eat with their spoon face down is because if you have it face up your feeding the dead ppl too... ??? :huh: he always BS with me so I dunno... Probly said that to shut me up. But when I serve him food and he sees that the spoon is face up he wont accept my plate of rice... oddly that is...

well thats true. you know how some people do "jingle bells"? well when doing the new year ceremony/ or jingle bell event...you'll see the person performing have spoons faced up in/around the plate-bowl w/e it is. sometimes they have little pieces of meat w/ rice in the spoon...etc....

speaking of this, my mom use to get mad at when i ate my rice, meat, and greens together. but that was when i was younger

s0rrow_chick

sarNie Egg
hmm...i guess it really does depend which clan you are from.

i'm a hawj and ever since i can remember, i've been told not to date/marry any xyooj peeps.
although i alreay have one xiong-bro-n-law, a potential bro-n-law, and a sis-n-law.
dont get me wrong...i love them dearly...

but it all comes down to your family history with each clan.
---isn't it funny...my own cousins moved to canada and changed their last name to 'hue'

about restricitons in the fambam...
each clan has their own form of restricitons.
like for mines...

~the daughter-n-law can not go into the in-laws room at all-except in life or death moments.
~the daughter-n-law can not sit across the father-n-law
~the older brothers can not go into the younger sister-n-law's room
~the older brothers can not enter a room the sister-n-law has just left[i.e. bedroom/bathroom] (a younger brother or a sister/parents have to enter the room first)
~~~ oh there is soo much more i just cant remember.

>oh funerals...i have to go to my grandpa's lilo sis's funeral this weekend. ;(
we cant eat pepper at funerals and we cant wear red.

i kinda dont like funerals --well the all-nighter part of it. At both of my grandparents funerals i saw things...ha! also learned my cousin was a chicken frm one of the events....but thats another story for another time/another forum?