Hmong Movies need to......

leek18

sarNie Adult
I really miss those old hmong movies because they are so sad and so good to watch and now hmong people start doing those Nom Phaj & Maiv Puv movies and I'm so tired of it. We need true hmong love stories back such as all those hmong movie from Herr's Video Production. Do you guys agree? and when are we going to have those kind of hmong movies storyline back?

Mae

sarNie Adult
I wholeheartedly agree too.... Where is Herr's Video these days, because they did produce some really great Hmong Thailand movies. I also miss Star Pictures from the 90s that produced a lot of great Hmong American movies. I adore Mua Lee's movies a lot too like Loj Leeb because of the cinematography and storylines, but I wasn't a fan of the lastest movie Nraug Laus because it was so perverted and reminded me of the current hmong movie trends...

tearsofautumn

sarNie Hatchling
I agree too. Now, most or all Hmong movies have no true meaning or storyline behind it....its like they just want to make a movie for the heck of it so people would buy it. Like those old Hmong movies where they actually take the time and put in the effort to make a decent storyline. Some of the Hmong movies now don't even make any sense or the ending is totally off. We need to get back in the movie business for reals or stop taking people's money for crap.

Atleast, i think so!!

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
i strongly agree. The hmong movies these days are a little entertaining but I'm mostly annoyed by them. If it's not Nom Phaj or some dumb movie that TRIES to be funny, then it's just the same old first/second wife deal with all the beating and abuse... I'm really tired of those...

We need to come out with decent films that have good storylines and good love stories. I barely watch hmong movies anymore cuz i can always already guess what they're about and they're with the same people too so it just gets boring. I don't want to offend anyone but i also think that the reason we don't have many good hmong actors. that's just my opinion

dorky_vang

sarNie Adult
YEa..I Hate Cuz THey Keep doin tHe Same Movie LIke Havin A New Wife Or No Mom N Dad..Im Like What THe Helll Im sorry But I Got To Say It..lol

tearsofautumn

sarNie Hatchling
i strongly agree. The hmong movies these days are a little entertaining but I'm mostly annoyed by them. If it's not Nom Phaj or some dumb movie that TRIES to be funny, then it's just the same old first/second wife deal with all the beating and abuse... I'm really tired of those...

We need to come out with decent films that have good storylines and good love stories. I barely watch hmong movies anymore cuz i can always already guess what they're about and they're with the same people too so it just gets boring. I don't want to offend anyone but i also think that the reason we don't have many good hmong actors. that's just my opinion
Yeah...i think that making or having a good movie come from the actors and actresses too. Without the right person or not having different people on set can cause harm to the movie. Also, i don't know about you, but i've notice that the movie directors are casting just about anyone and everyone. For example: i've seen so many new faces on the screen that i have never seen b4 and some of them can't even act (sorry to say).

I think that Hmong movie directors and producers are just in the business cause its a multi-million dollar business and they don't care what the storyline is...they just want to get the movie out there for the money. The actors and actresses are just about the same the directors...money wise and to jump start their acting career.

If we were to make a good movie...we should look into other cultures for inspiration and ideas. See what everyone else is doing and try to see if we can atleast come up with new start for our storylines instead of the same one everytime and in every movie.

We do, however, come a long way with some movies and thats good...just need to push it a little further more....like into the 21st century, but keep our tradition.

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
yep..they need to work on new storyline....
If not then, i will become one producer or director......i will make up new storyline such as ghost movies and love movies and comedy movies..

cecilia

Staff member
we need something fresh and new to bring back the YOUNGSTERS into the Hmong coummunity.
we need good scripting and good acting - i'm sure there are plenty out there. we just need to put in more budget
maybe more producer/writer/director needs to join hand and work together to bring the best for the HMONG COMMUNITY.

i think instead of investing in 'illegal' dubbing or poor directing stuff, they should concentrate on making GOOD stuff.
i would support the HMONG community 100% if they are original and have a good script to it.

and last but not least, I strongly agree that i miss good old acting and good HMONG movies. they are fob but they are original and good in their own way.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
i hope SEG's team porduction will do good on their new flim it seems very proish n seems good..i can't wait to see it..

jjinxx

yep..they need to work on new storyline....
If not then, i will become one producer or director......i will make up new storyline such as ghost movies and love movies and comedy movies..
haha, let me join you! i was just thinking the exact same thing the other day! I was like, i have no idea what i'll do in the future then i thought about all those movies that annoyed me so much and i thought "I'll become a director/script writer" or something lol!
i admit that i'm not the best with hmong culture, but as a viewer and part of the audience, i think we need to take a step up from what has been done recently!

i agree, the directors and producers and actors all just produce useless movies for money. I feel they should do something meaningful. I mean, look at other actors and other cultures. If it was me, i would want to be a part of something that means a lot to me, for example, like how other actors from other countries take the time to consider the role they are being asked to play. If they feel they don't fit it or don't like the script they don't take it. Making a movie takes time and maybe it's cuz we don't take the time to work in as much effort as possible..

lol, i'm getting so worked up...I think i'm jokingly seriously considering being a director or something. Ok that sounds like i'm insulting all the other directors. sorry.. ^_^ ^_^

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
like hmong revenge movies-...:rolleyes: dunno about that...seems unreal...
talking about revenge movie...this old movie of Xab Thoj and maum dub twb just pop out of my mind...i think that's a revenge movie too, right? 'cause xab thought her parents did something bad to his parents so he kidnap her and torture her (?) can't really remember how it goes...but i thought that movies was great....

jjinxx

talking about revenge movie...this old movie of Xab Thoj and maum dub twb just pop out of my mind...i think that's a revenge movie too, right? 'cause xab thought her parents did something bad to his parents so he kidnap her and torture her (?) can't really remember how it goes...but i thought that movies was great....
lol, i have that movie! i like it a lot, it's out of the ordinary hmong movies! WAY much BETTER movie and plot and good acting too! this is the type of movie i think we should have! B)

tearsofautumn

sarNie Hatchling
Maybe some of us in here can write storylines for a movie..?? We can have kinda of like a fun and unique writting storylines for movies that we feel needs a better storyline or orignal stories. Like "FanFic's" or something like that and who knows...maybe one day, our story might get turn into a movie. Now, that would be awesome and cool. There's a lot of production teams out there and they don't have to be just Hmong, but all others as well.

Food for Thoughts

max

sarNie Elites
Eek! I know! It seems that all of the movies now days revolve around the SAME CAST with like similar storylines and sometimes try so hard to make it funny. Most of the time, it is. HAHA! It is getting old, though. I really like the good "Hmong Love Movies." I mean, there are a few, but they are not good. No offense, but Tub Yaj's movies... I do not like them. Then there are a few Hmong movies that just has weird weird storylines =)