hmong vampires? CHANGED to family gossip.=]

143art

sarNie Egg
heard about it....it like saying do you believe in vampires too....for all the twilight fans...go to the funeral your bound to meet one (at least that what they say :p )

oldpenny

sarNie Egg
To clarify:

Those human vampires did not come from the hmongs. They are of cambodian, mien, vietamese, and Lao culture, where voodoo is praticed religiously. It did not start in Minnesota. It started South of california, when a cult of cambodians and mien decided to launch a voodoo on people but went bad. Thus, their body turned into longing for something more. Human blood. However they could not attain human blood easily, so they snatched up pets and went into peoples farm or chicken coop to rip apart these animals and drink their blood. There was a channel news documenting the activities in southern california a long time ago. They have caught a man and a woman, son and mother of cambodian descent, however they were unable to speak and acted in such a way that the judge deemed them mentally ill. The wife and brother has not been caught. It was said that womans whom were pregnant should stay inside or else the vampires will get to the baby.

Fast forward a year:

In fresno, with a good population of hmongs, there's bound to be a funeral lasting 3 days every weekend. Enough time for feeding. Yes it did happen. There was a man/or woman forgot exactly who passed away. We all know that when someone pass, their bloods are actually taken out so as to stop the body from decomposing so quickly and stinking. But theres bound to be some left over dried blood. Well it was especially late in the evening, the older ladies that was watching the body decided to go and get some food from outside to eat. Then walks in a older lady wearing a brown long coat. She was not of hmong descent. She looked more like mien. But she walked to the front where the casket was. Stared at the body for a good time. Then bent her head down. From afar it looked like she was talking, crying to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. It looked like she knew him so no body said anything. There was a qeej guy who finished his qeej song and decided to grab some napkins that was on the floor by the casket. He grabbed some napkins and he saw the lady with her mouth open and he heard some sucking noise. He looked closer and saw that she was sucking/slurping the dried blood out of the body. That's when he yelled and most of the elders came running. Everyone else stood there shocked. They tried to take her in, she yelled a monstrous yell and ran off so quickly that they were unable to catch her. That night, everyone of the relatives came inside and locked the church down. They said it was a bad omen when something so inconceivable like that happens. There are more out there.

nerine

sarNie Egg
so yesturday ive just found out bout Hmong vampires..from my siblings..and it kinda make sense..because when my brother pass away we had to take turn staying up..have uguys ever heard it before?like uknoe how dead folks at the funeral they still have a big amount of blood inside of them/?then the so call vampires come and suck it out and then later when everybody wakes up the victom looks real dry and wrinkly..have u ever heard it before?im was really curious..iheard it made its wayy to fresno..lol..and do they drive or just walk or has an umbrella that takes them everywhere?lol..tell me wat uve heard..thanx

<3
Kulyia

BTW
do u guys happen to have Sky production phone number or email?..thanx
I don't know about that but... If there is magic, ghost, etc... then there is vampire. They're true and you won't see them. Don't worry... I have my reason to know why they're all true... You don't have to know the reason because there are some things to be left alone. Don't worry about it. Just thought as if nothing happen. It is true that there are lots of reasons for staying up at the funeral. Don't think about vampire too much, okies? It is not good. I'll just warn you that...

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Supposedly the Vampires drink the blood but the
dead body doesn't even have any blood. I think
my dad said that the vampires suck the soul of
the dead person for the ghosts. Sucking the soul
of the dead person is like feeding the ghosts that
make them a vampire.
Long ago, there would be lazy people and so they
would learn all these things or w/e to become a
"vampire" and the ghosts help them find food and
the vampire feed the ghosts the souls of dead people.
At least that's what I remember.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
it's not real. one time we went to a funeral on my dad side of the family and people kept whispering that there was a vampire at the funeral there. me and my mom were sitting together when my aunt came up to us and said that everyone suspected that a guy (she pointed at him) sitting across the room was a vampire. my mom looked at her and said that he can't be a vampire because my mom knows him...he's my mom's bro. my mom and dad sides don't get together much so they don't really know each other.

oh and the reason why you have to keep watch over the body in a funeral because in case someone decides to do something bad to the body (like put something metal into the coffin) that will have a negative effect on the dead's descendents. we believe that if you bury metal or something like that with the body then the descendents of that person will have unhappy/bad lives.

the body probably shrivels more after being out for a while because it's not being preserved by the cold...i think that's why it shrivels. pretty much like meat.

oh and about not sleeping at funerals on the first day. that's because on the first day they (the guy that either chants or tshua qeej...i forgot which) are specifically sending the spirit of the dead person on the path to where it's suppose going so if you fall asleep your spirit might/will follow. of course if your spirit isn't with your body then...you know...

correct me if i'm wrong....
Giving metal stuff affects the journey to the new world for the dead person or something like that.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
When we did my grandmas funeral last month, there
was a strange man who came up next to the aunts
and asked if that was their mother. He was dressed
awkwardly. A mask, not the ones to keep you warm
but the ones dentists use and he was covering himself.
I saw him and thought he was just another regular dude
but he was just a stranger. After he left, we thought
he was a vampire but didn't come back afterwards. Not
sure if he really was a vampire or just coming by to
pay his respects. o.0

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I've been to 2 funerals all my life. But
I only remember the latest one, my grandma.
It wasn't scary since you're by the ones
you love and the corpse is someone you know
or love. It was sad.. Hearing all the mourning
really made me realize that my grandma was gone.
When they're gone, they're gone. Ain't there
no coming back. But they'll always be watching
over you.. I don't find the clothing scary. Idk
why you guys say it's scary. It's just traditional..

yummie=)

sarNie Egg
uhm. This is Hmong vampires but also family gossip so may I add, that recently, today in fact, I found out one of my uncles, who i respected and have the greatest appreciation for has cheated on his wife and has possibly left her for divorcee. I can't believe it. OMG. OMG. OMG. He was the ones that we asked to do weddings and to send messages to the other people families etc etc. It's a little sad that now my image of him as been utterly and totally destroyed.

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
Lol I know I'm way late but just wanted to say how can vampires sux blood from dead when there is no blood left. The shrivel look from the dead is cuz they are out in for so long. Also at my grandmas funeral my niam ntxawm told my mom that that guy over there was the vampire but little did she know that was my dab laug, my mom's bro. Made me laugh.

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
I heard somethings about vampires.
I don't know if the story is true or not.
In my home state Michigan this women fainted because she saw the so called "vampire" suck the dead persons blood. And ran out.
But I think Hmong vampires somewhat do exist. But I am not sure about the story i heard.

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
Lol it makes me laugh when people actually believe this stuff.
I don't exactly believe it. and I don't wanna believe until I see it in my own eyes. Like Ploy said in her Lakorn "Vampires come from the western. How can they come to Asia." They hopped on the plane--- LOL!

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
Haha... No such thing as vampires. I bet maybe there is humans who think they are vampires and try to drink blood but i I believe that they have mental issues. I have yet to meet a person who has actually met or seen Hmong vampire. So can't really believe it if no one has actually seen a Hmong vampire suck blood from the dead... Who I remind you have no blood to suck from anyways. All I do is hear that people's heard about it bur not seen. Lol you would think the vampire suck live people instead cuz we actually have blood in us.

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
Oh but I understand you, everyone has their own superstitious beliefs. I don't believe this but I believe other Hmong superstitions.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
The vampires supposedly drink the deceased persons blood. That's not correct.
The "vampires" are people who learned black magic or w/e and take the persons
soul. My dad said that the Hmong vampires are usually lazy people who don't like
looking food for themselves so they learn black magic. They suck the deceased
persons soul and in exchange, the spirits/ghosts/monsters find food for the
vampire. So let's say the vampire sucked the soul and went hunting. The
spirits/ghosts/monsters would then make a bunch of animals come towards
the vampire so that he/she can kill it because the vampire helped them before.

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
I think it's true. My grandpa passed away 5 years ago. During his funeral, we have to keep a glass over his entire body, which got me confusing at the time. But later on, I asked my mom and she said that it's to keep unwanted guest (vampire) from doing anything to his body. So during the mourning stage my parent would re-moved the glass cover for a short period of time (while keeping close watch) and then put it back asap.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I think it's true. My grandpa passed away 5 years ago. During his funeral, we have to keep a glass over his entire body, which got me confusing at the time. But later on, I asked my mom and she said that it's to keep unwanted guest (vampire) from doing anything to his body. So during the mourning stage my parent would re-moved the glass cover for a short period of time (while keeping close watch) and then put it back asap.
That's what we did to my grandma too but I think it was a plastic covering.

On the first day in the morning, there was a weird guy who came in and asked if that was our grandma. He was wearing a jacket, hat, and covered himself in a mask. o.0 Good thing he didn't come again after that if he were a vampire.