HOW TO BURN A & gig RIPPED VID onto a 4gig DVD??

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i ripped a movie from a dvd onto my comp and it is 7 gigs and i want to burn that file onto another dvd...but the vid file is way bigger than the dvd.....so how would i do that?

akanin

sarNie Elites
i ripped a movie from a dvd onto my comp and it is 7 gigs and i want to burn that file onto another dvd...but the vid file is way bigger than the dvd.....so how would i do that?
There are many ways to go about fixing this problem. I either use DVDshrink or NeroRecode. I recommend using NeroRecode because it is very simple and user friendly for newbies. Just open Recode, select compile dvd or main movie, then open the vob files where you ripped the dvd to. *Note* YOU WILL LOSE SOME VIDEO QUALITY* but I don't think that it will be that noticeable. 70%-80% should still be GOOD VIDEO QUALITY... Let it re encode, then you can either burn to dvd or save it on your hard drive. And Yes, it will fit on a standard 4.7gb Dvd disc. Good luck & let me know if you still need help. :D

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
There are many ways to go about fixing this problem. I either use DVDshrink or NeroRecode. I recommend using NeroRecode because it is very simple and user friendly for newbies. Just open Recode, select compile dvd or main movie, then open the vob files where you ripped the dvd to. *Note* YOU WILL LOSE SOME VIDEO QUALITY* but I don't think that it will be that noticeable. 70%-80% should still be GOOD VIDEO QUALITY... Let it re encode, then you can either burn to dvd or save it on your hard drive. And Yes, it will fit on a standard 4.7gb Dvd disc. Good luck & let me know if you still need help. :D
well...i don't want to lose any quality cuz the movie that i ripped was art of the devil 2. i got the VIDEO_TS onto my comp, n i tried ripping getting it into a AVI file using SimpleDVX(something like that), but whenever i get it to do that, it doesn't convert the main movie, instead it converts a commercial.....

judyp

sarNie Adult
you can burn your 7 gig ripped dvd onto a dvd+r double layer. it holds about 8 gigs. thats what i use when i have files that large. hope that helps.

ps. your burner must have the capability of burning double layer dvds..i had to buy a new burner because mine was outdated. and the dvds itself are very pricey! i bought a 15 pk for 40 something dollars. its on sale now at best buy..15 pk for about half the price i got it for. ;)

akanin

sarNie Elites
well...i don't want to lose any quality cuz the movie that i ripped was art of the devil 2. i got the VIDEO_TS onto my comp, n i tried ripping getting it into a AVI file using SimpleDVX(something like that), but whenever i get it to do that, it doesn't convert the main movie, instead it converts a commercial.....
If you don't want to lose any video quality, then the best way to do it is to burn using a double layer disc just like what judyp said. Aside from that method, it is tough to convert into any other format with out losing *Some* video quality...I like to use TMPGENC DVD AUTHORING to mess dvd/.vob files...