Hunting incident

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i heard that upin winsconsin, there was a hmong hunter, chai vang, he killed like 5 people i think when he was hunting. the owner of the property told him to leave and he started shooting them....

that was one the owners side of the story.....the hmong one is probably different..there was also this artical about how immigrants coming to the us is starting to be a problem bcuz when immigrants come her they see the lands beauty and money comes into their eyes, thats y they are poaching.....(that is soooooooooo wrong!!!!!!!!)

read more at: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/22/hunters.slain/index.html

i cant find the article.....

bugsy

sarNie Adult
Omg, this is like old news. Like two-ish years ago that it happened and mannnnn....was it controversial. Even today, people still bring it up once in a while but it's gotten better, I hope.

It was in the news for a while after it happened and it was kinda weird cause us hmongs werent sure of how the meekas were looking at us......like...do they hate us now? do they think we're all killers? or wat? But o well, people are different (as in there are good people and bad people) and its just plain stupidity when people (meeka) started putting the blame on the whole hmong ethnicity. Just because ONE hmong person shot some meeka people (which is totally wrong nevertheless), they were bashing on us saying that we shouldnt be allowed to have guns/go hunting and that we (as hmongs as a whole) are just evil. Pshhh. It was just ONE PERSON, and that could've been anyone! A white person, a black person, a native american, another minority, just anyone. But yea. And there were even bumper stickers that said "Save a deer, shoot a Hmong" and people actually put it on their bumper. That just made me mad. It's just exactly the same as if we were to say "Save nature, throw away white trash". People are soo ignorant.

It is wrong for Chai Vang to have killed those people and I dont agree with it at all, but white people didnt have to go to that extreme in blaming the Hmongs as a whole and with the bumper stickers. There are lots more killings that comes out in the news about white people killing each other, burying bodies in the backyard and whatnot. But I dont wanna be racially explaining this. All in all, people kill and thats wrong. And with the article, and just the whole situation I am still a little iffy on the whole thing cause it doesnt make sense at all. There were like 8-10 people against just one person, and people (just in general) dont start shooting at a shitload of bodies unless they're really provoked. Alot of articles that came out made Chai to be some sort of evil guy and the others to be totally innocent. But it just doesnt make sense. Why would he shoot if he wasnt provoked, right? Unless, he's some sort of freak or is mentally impaired.

But nowadays, I would say it's getting a little better. Where I live (thats somewhere in Wisconsin) we've set up classes where Hmong people who wants to go hunting can come and learn about the rules and whatnot because alot of times they dont know the rules, especially the new refugees. Actually, they started doing that right after the Chai Vang incident.

What pissed me off was that some meeka people are soo errr. Last year when our Hmong Club at my university was doing our eggroll sale, somebody wrote "Save a deer, Shoot a Hmong" on one of our flier. Those bastards. They should know better.

Sorry for talking so long, didnt mean to.

decoy

sarNie Hatchling
tah! we're all killers... its human nature to kill another... what....?ya don't believe me.... what did u had for breakfast, lunch or dinner...than...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
yea we kill for food, but wats worst is that the meekas were sayin that immigrants when they come here see the lands beauty and dollar signs come into their eyes...thats y immigrants(hmong) poach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HECKA WRONG, WE HMONG DO NOT POACH TO SELL FOR MONEY!!!! WE EAT WHAT WE KILL IN HUNTING!!! THATS Y WE HUNT???DUH!!! the meekas just wanna make immigrants be bad, but WAS THIS LAND ORIGINALLY THEIRS????? OMG THINK AT LEAST B4 ACCUSING....

bugsy

sarNie Adult
ahhhkkk....before i was talking outta frustration. But i think we should stop on this topic. There was never a clear answer that came outta it and we can go on this forever.

pyh

sarNie Elites
I live in Georgia but I've been following up with that Chai Vang case. He was found guilty in court and sentence to 6 consecutive life terms plus a whole bunch of years too for the attempted murder for the survivors. It only took the jurors (all white) 2 hours to come back and say he was guilty. It was a controversy too when he was found guilty. the hmong was saying that Chai Vang did not have a fair trial because the jurors were discriminating against Chai. I think so too. It should have taken them at least more than 2 hours to debate his fate. It's ridiculous.

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
maybe the jurors were discriminating...maybe they were not...dude, you can't blame just one side...as far as i know....they did ask minorities to be jurors but they all declined saying that they were gonna be biased...so you can't really blame the white folks for being jurors and giving him a guilty charge...and i'm surprised it took them two hrs to come up to that verdict...i would've charged him in a minute...maybe even less...look at all the evidence...the fact that he was hmong, hmong people automatically say that he's innocent and he was just defending himself and all hmongs "should" back up him...a killer is a killer no matter what your skin color is...as for the killing in self-defense crap...dude, he was ONE person...there were 7 or 8 of them!...self-defense...my a$$...i say he's getting what he deserves and GOOD RIDDENCE TOO!!!!...if he was as innocent as he claimed to be...he should've just walked away...he's not the first minority to experience racial epithets and he's not going to be the last...what the hell made him so special that he should get off murdering multiple people???...JUSTICE IS SERVED!!!

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
anti-hmong said:
maybe the jurors were discriminating...maybe they were not...dude, you can't blame just one side...as far as i know....they did ask minorities to be jurors but they all declined saying that they were gonna be biased...so you can't really blame the white folks for being jurors and giving him a guilty charge...and i'm surprised it took them two hrs to come up to that verdict...i would've charged him in a minute...maybe even less...look at all the evidence...the fact that he was hmong, hmong people automatically say that he's innocent and he was just defending himself and all hmongs "should" back up him...a killer is a killer no matter what your skin color is...as for the killing in self-defense crap...dude, he was ONE person...there were 7 or 8 of them!...self-defense...my a$$...i say he's getting what he deserves and GOOD RIDDENCE TOO!!!!...if he was as innocent as he claimed to be...he should've just walked away...he's not the first minority to experience racial epithets and he's not going to be the last...what the hell made him so special that he should get off murdering multiple people???...JUSTICE IS SERVED!!!
[post="171953"][/post]​

Maybe the jury should have all been a mixture of Blacks and Mexicans. lol. That way no bias based on color is served.

Aren't people glad to have a group of ordinary people as jury in our justice system instead of one person?

bugsy

sarNie Adult
Quiet-ness said:
Maybe the jury should have all been a mixture of Blacks and Mexicans. lol. That way no bias based on color is served.

Aren't people glad to have a group of ordinary people as jury in our justice system instead of one person?
[post="171964"][/post]​
Its not going to matter even if you place a mixture of blacks and mexicans, as you so say, on the jury........its still going to turn out racially biased. Just the thought of putting on only blacks and mexicans themselves is already making it biased.

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
bugsy: Do you mind explaining what you mean by "just the thought of putting only blacks and mexicans themselves is already making it biased"? And I was only joking and being sarcastic, because someone else mentioned that putting all asians in the jury is eventually going to be biased. But since you want my inputs about the situations posted in this thread, here I go:

1. It is foolish to think and say that by having all whites in the jury is biased is just some ignorant accuse in the Chai Vang's case. If people did not know, our jury selection system is incredible. They choose the jurors based on lack of knowledge, no experience within the basis of the case, no relation to the two parties, etc....I'm sure that the selection of the jurors in the Chai Vang's case was justiciable.

2. As for my comment:

...I was saying it that way because people always use race in the jury as being a factor to a decision as injustice. My intention in stating the possibility of blacks and mexicans in the jury then the decision would have change (which I know is unlikely) and then people can stop using race as a factor in the Chai Vang's decision for once. It is likely that people will eventually use other excuses to claim the defendant innocent even if the jury was mixed with other races. I know...I was being irrational when I said about that quote. I just wanted people to stop making irrelevant claims in the Chai Vang's decision.

3. No one is free from bias. Everyone will favor something over another. That is just the way it go.

4. Chai Vang did something he wasn't suppose to do (ie. murder). He lives in a country where the laws are established to protect everyone. He crossed that line when he took out his gun and shot and killed many people. Whatever his excuses is, he should have never let his emotions took control of him and shoot people. The law is the law.

5. If people were understandable, they would not let other people's actions get to them. To have people discriminate and prejudiced against other people, one shouldn't get all bent out of shape because the effects of an event. If the actions doesn't cause deep injury, what are you upset about? There are no reasons, right? Just look at a brighter side. This will pass.

Now since I used my homework time to make this comment, I got to get on it... ^_^

kazee

why do we even bother talking about this? this is old news and it's just going stir up the past.. so i think, personally, this should stop before more hatred comes into the world..

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i started it becuz i took a hunting class and the instructor told us....but i didnt know it was like two years ago.....i was hecka late........also i jus wanna know about other oppinions.....

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
why do we even bother talking about this? this is old news and it's just going stir up the past.. so i think, personally, this should stop before more hatred comes into the world..

There is nothing wrong with discussing this subject. We all know how to control our emotions. It won't hurt anyone if we just have a discussion. If people don't like it, don't read!

"I think that hate is a thing, a feeling, that can only exist where there is no understanding."

~TENNESSEE WILLIAMS, Forward to Sweet Bird of Youth