I am About To Make A Movie

leek18

sarNie Adult
well guys i wrote a scripts and it gonna be a 100 page long and now i am on page 60 and almost finish. Someday if i have a chance i will give my scripts to some producer and now i want to ask you guys something. Who do you guys want me to put as a phab ej and nas ej well i'll be thinking about putting Tub Yaj as Phab Ej and Hnub Lis as Nas Ej so tell which actor and actress gonna be the best

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
honestly, i think that we need to stop making movies in thailand. because if get making movies in thailand then us Hmong people wont go anymore. we need to expand our movie horizon and start producing some movies here in the US. and dont give me the BS that hmong people in the US arent as talented because WE ARE! everybody have the same potentials. its just up to the director whether he/she can direct his/her movies.

nekoyuyu

sarNie Egg
honestly, i think that we need to stop making movies in thailand. because if get making movies in thailand then us Hmong people wont go anymore. we need to expand our movie horizon and start producing some movies here in the US. and dont give me the BS that hmong people in the US arent as talented because WE ARE! everybody have the same potentials. its just up to the director whether he/she can direct his/her movies.

Girl I agree with you, there are talented US actors and actress. One main reason why most US setting movies are failuar due to lack of storyline, orginalities, and limitation of shooting location. Now that many people have not hope in promoting us shooting location and actors, we should have to wait for younger generation with better ideas for movies. I personally think there will be one soon, and its going to boosted up the demand of Hmong American's movies.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR STORY & I HOPE IT WILL GET CHOSEN & GET PRODUCE...
:)

THE PRA-EK~> TOU YAJ.. :) UMM...YEAH HE'S OKAY.. BUT I'M KINDA GETTIN' BORED OF HIM.. LOL.. I WANT TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE BUT DON'T KNOW WHO.. LOL.. BUT YES, FOR YOUR STORY.. TOU YAJ WILL BE FINE.. DEPENDING ON THE CHARACTER HE'LL STAR...

AS FOR THE NA'EK, I'M NOT SURE.. MAYBE PAJ ZAUB VWJ.. :) OR HNUB LIS.. YEAH.. SHE'S A SKINNY TALANTED ACTRESS.. HEHEHE...

gurl

sarNie Hatchling
hmmm.. a Movie in the US... if it about youngster love story then i find it kinda corny.. not to be mean or offended anyone but sometime it doesn't work out they way u want it...but sometime it does.. i sometime find the actress and actor over acted on there part and also some na'ek and pe'ek doen't look good enough for there part..... plz dont hunt me down or stalk me if i offended someone.... okey dokey :mellow: .. but its all up to you how u want it to be.. hope someday i can watch your MOVIE.... :D

neena

sarNie Adult
hahah...you're like me..i was writing a script too. :lol: when i was still in high school. my brother erased my 45+page script though!! so i have to start again. i'm learning how to right a proper screenplay right now...its pretty cool!! i wanna make a drama, not a movie though...lol

good luck with your movie!!

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Hmong in the US do have potiential in acting. But their tongue is not used to hmong! They mixed English with Hmong, I doubt they even know how to read the script in Hmong, unless they have a translator. That's one of the reason why producers goes abroad to film. Another reason is...the producer can bargin with people abroad about the scenario they want, as oppose to Americans, they sometime take advantage and put a higher price on the scenary that the producer want to shoot at.

leek18, good luck on your story and hope you give to a good production. For pra'ek and na'ek, if they're in demand then it will be a hard time hooking them up. But if you can convince them, then they might fit you into their schedule.

onceagain

sarNie Hatchling
So leek18 what's your story going to be about. You don't have to tell us the whole story but just give us the main idea of the story. As for pa'ek and na'ek...those two are very good actor and actress but it depends if they will fit the character in your movie. As for shooting a movie in america I think the reason why a lot of hmong producer don't do it is b/c finically here is costs more to produce one and of course like someone mentioned above location plays a big factor. I know a lot of us have high expectations of hmong movies but reality is in the hmong community we don't have the stuff that hollywood does and to get there we still have a long ways to go. But in the meantime we should apprecaite and enjoy what we have now from our people. It doesn't hurt to give your feedbacks but in the same time we have to make sure our feed backs is possible in the hmong community and not judge it to the hollywood types yet.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
movies in the us is not very good....to me ne ways..becuz it does not look like a place where hmong peeps are recognized....cuz korean, thai, chinese, and more...they all do their movies and series in thier country....so to me hmong people is better off doing it where they do now...i watched like the movies where they do it in the us and its not very good...especially speaking both hmong and english cuz it don;t sound very good...

florence

sarNie Egg
well guys i wrote a scripts and it gonna be a 100 page long and now i am on page 60 and almost finish. Someday if i have a chance i will give my scripts to some producer and now i want to ask you guys something. Who do you guys want me to put as a phab ej and nas ej well i'll be thinking about putting Tub Yaj as Phab Ej and Hnub Lis as Nas Ej so tell which actor and actress gonna be the best
tat's good but by the way who is Hnub lis.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i agreed.. hmong in the US of course are talanted too.. but i think hmong in laos/thailand are better..just because they're more fluent in Hmong.. :)

like mongstaness mention hmong american mix english and hmong when making a movie.. which is kinda awkward....u know.. well, to me it doesn't matter lwhere you film and make your movie.. laos/thailand or america. we are all hmong. Film wherever you want, at least it's a hmong movie. :)

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
true...i think most of the directors only go over there because hmong ppl over in laos/thailand have a better hmong accent.....pluse....have you even seen a hmong movie made in the US that has had high ratings???? hmong movies here don't even make it to a Hmong box-office...maybe that's another reason.....

but if you do make a movie...maybe you should try it out in USA....but try to find fluent people....i may sound cheap and stupid for saying this...but maybe you should contact....LAO MOUA...hahah..i know that it soudns stupuid of me...but he's got a GREAT hold of the hmong language.....him being phaj eb wouldn't be that bad...all you would have to do is find a good nas eb....

also..if you do make a movie here in USA...make sure it's all hmong...i hate it when they end up speaking HMONG-ENGLISH together....(hmong-lish)....

anyways...i'd liek to know the story though....but i'm pretty sure that's confidential info..hahaha....but hey...if you can't find anyone, you could always contact me!! hahaha...j/k....i'm not camera material!! hahaha....but as you near the end of writing your script and near the beginning of filming....tell me....i've always wanted to direct of hmong movie too.....i'd like to critique it for you...hehehe.....

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
me too...i wanna be in ur movie.. lol.. j/k.. :)

u guys know something.. when you critique a movie.. some people says it's "criticizing" but to me it's not.. you're just telling them what's wrong..right? to make it better.. i think hmong movies needs to be critiguw before its get release... :)

critcize: to make judgments as to merits and faults

critique: a criticism or critical comment on some problem, subject, etc.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
i agree with xxmiss_maixx...maybe they should do more movies here of the US...i dont like those in thailand and stuff...but i see why hmong ppl do so...they want to incorporate hmong style..as in the way of living etc...but really the hmong ppls' scripts arent so well made or produce..it takes a bit more...but i'd love to read your script leek18...care to share? ^_^

leek18

sarNie Adult
wow you guys have help me a lot and thank you. well you guys talking about where to filming right? well i also think that i want to film in the usa but the story is way more different and it was like this. the phab ej live in the city and the nas ej live in toj siab so that;s why i want to film in thailand so thank you guys. oh yeah if you are related to some of the producer would you guys tell them about this

oh if you want to read i'll able to give to you too well i'm haven't done yet and now i am stuck to a line and still thinking

i agree with xxmiss_maixx...maybe they should do more movies here of the US...i dont like those in thailand and stuff...but i see why hmong ppl do so...they want to incorporate hmong style..as in the way of living etc...but really the hmong ppls' scripts arent so well made or produce..it takes a bit more...but i'd love to read your script leek18...care to share? ^_^

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
me too.. i'm intereted in reading your script.. leek18.. :) pm me your story.. :) or post it in here.. share w/us... :)

~ I'm also in a process of writing my own story too. I might.. just maybe.. :) submit my story to a hmong productions...

here's my storyline, it's kinda lame.. just like any typical hmong story but yeah.. :) jux learning..

Film: USA

Na'ek & pra'ek goes to college together.. pra'ek's dad is strict,(reason behind it) he wants pra-ek & his twin brother to finish w/school.. (his father's dream) Pra-ek & na'ek dates secertly.. When pra-ek's parents finds out; they forbidden pra-ek to see na'ek.. Pra-ek's father tells pra-ek to leave if he chooses his g/f.. Pra-ek leaves, telling his father he will be back & he'll achieve his dream and his father's dream..(finish school & have a decent job) :)

Pra-ek & na'ek gets married on their own and finish with school.. both have decent jobs. When they were ought to start their life. Pra-ek went to see his parents, a tragic occurred.. Na'ek has good news to tell pra-ek but when pra-ek return. Pra-ek's twin brother play as pra-ek.. :) (reasons behind it).. I hope u guys understand my storyline.. lol.. if not, my bad.. :) i'll try again.. :)

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
awe....storyline is pretty good...but when u guys are writing ur stories....do u guys just write scripts w/ their diologue.....or do u guys like write a whole story....

cuz i have a storyline in mind.....

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
awe....storyline is pretty good...but when u guys are writing ur stories....do u guys just write scripts w/ their diologue.....or do u guys like write a whole story....
cuz i have a storyline in mind.....
well as for me.. ^_^ i write my stories with dialogues...just to bring out the

characters thoughts & emotions.. what about you u guys? i'm curious..

everyone has their own way of writing for pleasure.. :)