i find it hard to be friends with white people

sooks

sarNie Egg
i find it so hard to be friends with white people... they talk so differently and what they like is so different and omg i dont know.. it's everything :(

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
really??.....umm....i think they are ok....i get along well with my white friends....but yeah there are white people out there that are like ....ya know....

kitkat

sarNie Elites
yeah sometimes i felt the same... i easily get along with mexicans/blacks more than whites... since i don't have a lot of asian friends myself...

i just don't know why i don't really get close with whites... it's probably because of their vibe is totally different from me... i just can't describe my feelings toward them, though. :huh:

saonoy03

sarNie Hatchling
hmmmm i never really thought of it.... but now that i think of it i don't have much white friends either. hahaha my bf have plenty though .......and he asian...so i don't know......i guess it depends on our personality, and how we click wit other pple.....but i do think that white people think differently than us asians.

juicee

sarNie Elites
really? i don't find it hard at all to be friends with white people. actually i don't have that many asain friends. i know plenty of asians, but we're not close. they're always surprised that i'm part asain and can speak thai or something. i've never had a thai friend from school or anything growing up. that's not by choice or anything, it just growing up, there never was a thai person in my class or school. okay well, no that's not completely true, there was this thai girl in my elementary school that i just remember, we were friendly but we didn't really hang out. she did come to my house once, i remember my cousin spoke thai to her, but she couldn't actually speak thai. other than that, i don't think i ever knew a thai person in my school. and since college...well i've only had one full on asain friend. my other asain friends are all mixed, and they have their asian traits as well as their white traits. my friends are from all ethnicities, not only white or asians. anyway, i have this one friend though, he's mexican, but can't speak spanish and has only been to mexico when we took a trip to cabo during spring break sophomore year, and looks german or white. well the funny thing about him is, he always has loads of asians friends. and twice, when he and i were together, people have come up to him and asked him if he was japanese. it's really funny, cause i don't think he looks anything like an asain, yet he always told me that people always mistake him for an asian. well i never believed him cause he tends to exaggerates until when we were traveling through rome together and someone came up to him and asked if he was japanese. after that, it happened another time when we were out clubbing in so cal. well after that, i always called him my asian friend as well :)

sooks

sarNie Egg
i think the reason why you're okay with white people is the fact that you've been surrounded by them your whole life. for me.. i've been surrounded by asians my whole life and i can see the difference. white people make the lamest jokes :(

Kina

Dubsteppin'
it really depends on where u live demographically and it depends socially too but more so SOCIALLY than anything else. we're shaped and developed socially so u, the thread starter, might feel uncomfy bcz of that reason.

i think it's not hard to be friend with white people because they are a human like u or me, just the color, the culture, the education and the life is not the same> I remember that in my childhood my mum forid me to don't be friend with white people because they are a bad person but when i grow up i see tha white or asian is the same things, it have bad like good people.
If i have one advice to give u is don't scare to khnow someone because of their skin or their difference because u can meet a very nice people in white group.
i khnow that it's hard to makes liens with them but u have to take on u and tell urself that life is here for live not for spent with bad things> Make a new friend it 's a really good things, give to white people to khnow u more and to learn ur life's style.don't be affraid because of our differences because it what they do that u are more strongers forward adversity.
i hope that u follow my advice and try to learn white culture and to teach our culture to them too.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
one thing to be learned is the fact that there is beauty to all people. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS RACE!

but ok i dnt wanna get out of hand. my point is that do not be hesitant to befriend with others. u just might find it difficult because of cultural reasons but culture is something that we all need to get used to and learn to accept it because we all have it so we should all accept it. i could care less about personal norms. they are boundaries that block u froom crossing and i like to learn so i break the rule to learn and we should all do that.

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
i think its hard to be friends with white people too. At our school i don't see much white people hanging out with other races beside black and mexican.

sooks

sarNie Egg
i think part of the reason why it's hard for me to become friends with white people is cause i've had bad experiences with white people.. maybe i met the wrong set of white people.. yeah i guess i shouldn't judge a whole race based on some people. it would be wrong. so i guess ill try harder.. or maybe i shouldnt' try and just be myself and let things move at their own pace.

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
juicee said:
really? i don't find it hard at all to be friends with white people. actually i don't have that many asain friends. i know plenty of asians, but we're not close. they're always surprised that i'm part asain and can speak thai or something. i've never had a thai friend from school or anything growing up. that's not by choice or anything, it just growing up, there never was a thai person in my class or school. okay well, no that's not completely true, there was this thai girl in my elementary school that i just remember, we were friendly but we didn't really hang out. she did come to my house once, i remember my cousin spoke thai to her, but she couldn't actually speak thai. other than that, i don't think i ever knew a thai person in my school. and since college...well i've only had one full on asain friend. my other asain friends are all mixed, and they have their asian traits as well as their white traits. my friends are from all ethnicities, not only white or asians. anyway, i have this one friend though, he's mexican, but can't speak spanish and has only been to mexico when we took a trip to cabo during spring break sophomore year, and looks german or white. well the funny thing about him is, he always has loads of asians friends. and twice, when he and i were together, people have come up to him and asked him if he was japanese. it's really funny, cause i don't think he looks anything like an asain, yet he always told me that people always mistake him for an asian. well i never believed him cause he tends to exaggerates until when we were traveling through rome together and someone came up to him and asked if he was japanese. after that, it happened another time when we were out clubbing in so cal. well after that, i always called him my asian friend as well :)
[post="103780"][/post]​
are you a happa houlie (half white half asian in hawaiin lolz) .. well I get along with whites more than with black/latinos.. haha all my friends are white or half asian half white.. -_- .. they talk perfectly fine.. proper english.. I'm not too much or an ebonic person..

noungning

Heartless
lol um well i guess it truly depends on where you were brought up. i've lived through a very diverse demographic, and it's abnormal to not have friends of a different race. whether u like it or not, we're all bound to come across each other's path.

i have friends of many different races. but all my close friends from childhood are laotian, basically because we grew up together. as for a white friend lol, i've had a few in high school, hahah they were the ones that acted as if they wanted to fit in more than i wanted to fit in with them lol... but the truth is, when we're friends, and we're both open minded we overlook what races we are. because we can go an extra mile for someone who we call a friend without thinking twice. well at least i can.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Well to be honest I think there is a "white" friend for everyone. You just gotta find him/her :p

I think I've had really unique experiences. I grew up around Asians; really really traditional then to bangkok and hang out with not so traditional people.

The first time I came to the US, I was in a place where there were only White and Mexicans. I hanged out with both of the main groups. Now if there were alot of Asians.. I might have hang out with them. But its really hard to tell now because at that period, I got into books and most of my white friends were into that. Now I only said that because most of my mexican friends (well actually zero) and asian friends were not really into reading.

I think you just gotta have some sort of similar interests. Obviously if you're only into Asian stuff then it would be hard to hang out with white people who doesn't know anything about that. Imagine how they would feel if they hang out with your group.

Right now I have 3 good friends. One of them is as white as you can get. The other is a Chinese and last guy is a half black and half white.

Anyway I think we all should adopt certain aspect of every culture out there. It'll only improve you as a person.

Hiatus

Super Momo
I get along with my white friends.. but the problem over here is his french patriotism wtv you call it... Quebecers... they really think they are superior... not everyone but it's all the same for every ethnicities.. and I dont get along with those kind of people LOL obviously.. but I dont think it's that hard =]

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
my cousins are half white and asians...and their more white than asians and it's really funny when they try to express the asian in them. there's everyone for everybody!

sarN

sarNie Granny
i have white friend but they talk to much about their relationship and sometime i dont understand wat the heck goin on in their mind . I admit i like my black friend more .. they so funnie so hip so BET ya know so homegirl ! As for asian friend ...they to quiet at time boring and they laugh to much when im around them .. it like everything i say it funnie hahhaha but i love them :wub: :wub: Now , the closet friend dat i really really love and spend most of time with is my old friend .. in their late 40s and up !! Yes my best friend is 45 , 40 , 41 ,38 .... errr just cuz i say dat didnt mean im dat OLD ... they old enough to be my mom but we talk as if they are my age :lol: I get along great with old ppl and it doesn't matter if they are asian , white or black :lmao: ---> maybe cuz im trying to get to their sons :ph34r:

sallysosilly727

727 Soo HOTT
At first i find it hard also. BUt now they are like effin kool to me and they can have funn.(well the one i hang out with). I like to hang out with a lot of different people as long as they are fun. I have liek 2 best frends that are white and they are tight. Like one is quiet and smart and the other one is hyper and funny and im just in between both of them. We have a lot of things in comon too. I would like to hang out wtih them at the mall rather than my other asian frens cause they dont seem to like to have funn but i still love them. So yeah my white frens are awesome. :p

AznGirlTha

sarNie Egg
i have a lot of white friends. its really easy becoming friends with white people. but its hard for me to make friends with hispanic people. yeah...