Ib Leeg Tub

neena

sarNie Adult
This is the BEST Hmong movie I've seen in a very long time! It should really be the Hmong Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. Its a Xab and Hnub movie so of course they get married and he cheats on her BUT for the first time in this one he doesn't remarry. I really liked this one because its not about them, its about family. Family was the point of the whole movie. It also addresses different issues in this movie. Like Xab's sister Dao is a student, their father doesn't want her to go anymore because he believes that after finishing school she'll end up married with kids and her degree will go nowhere. Then theres the issue of Dao speaking half Thai and half Hmong in the movie, its the perfect description of Hmong kids in the U.S. except this is in Thailand. The parents of the movie, probably the BEST I've ever seen. They have some moments that are just so sweet! The words they say crack me up but I find it real nice to see an old Hmong couple like this. Anyways, in the movie Hnub and Xab leave Xab's parent's house. He's the only son and his father is very sad, its a tradition to live with them but Xab goes with his wife. The emotions the father shows in this movie is like Amitabh Bachchan in K3G. He's strong headed but really inside, he misses his son really much and he wishes that his family will return like the old days. The movie ended real nice. I thought the ending was really really special. I don't want to spoil it if anyone is going to watch it. I really liked this movie and I'm planning to re-watch it. I wanted to post the cover if anyone hasn't seen it but my scanner being a little you-know-what so sorry, hopefully someone else in this forum seen it and would post the cover. I REALLY RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE its not only good it would make you laugh out loud.

tik_aom_luver

sarNie Adult
OOOOOooo. sounds interesting. hopefully someone will post a picture or something.
and I LOVE XAB and Hnu so ofcourse I'ma watch it!

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
haven't heard about this movie yet? is it new? it sound nice and want to see it too. hope to see the cover soon

debbieyanglove

sarNie Hatchling
I SHOULD GO FIND IT AND WATCH IT.
THE SUMMARY SOUNDED SO NICE AND IT HAS A MORAL.
NOT LIKE OTHER STUPID HMONG MOVIE.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

neena

sarNie Adult
i don't like cheating movies...
there are too many out there....
actually its not a cheating movie at all. xab was just being stupid to hnub for one scene but she slapped the shit out of him and he happily let her. i thought he was a super sweet guy in this one.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
nevertheless.. there's SOME cheating in there. Doesn't xab have any new ideas? come on- when you watch the movie credits, he's also one of the directors or writers or whatevers too...

neena

sarNie Adult
nevertheless.. there's SOME cheating in there. Doesn't xab have any new ideas? come on- when you watch the movie credits, he's also one of the directors or writers or whatevers too...
i would have to say this is the newest plot i've seen in a hmong movie. its nothing about cheating on your wife and remarrying. its really about family and the hardship the parents go through when a daughter or a son leaves home and starts their new lives with the in laws or on their own. its about a father's feelings of never saying whats really inside to his children. i don't think they should change anything about this movie, i really think its THAT good. i'm really picky about hmong movies and yes a LOT of hmong movies are about cheating but this one is not like that. this movie depicts a hmong family to its best i have to admit. i rewatched the movie today and at the ending, which is one of my favorite scenes, i got a little teary, the music was perfect and the scene was very good. i could totally feel what the father was feeling. a movie that makes you feel what their feeling is a god dang good movie.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
Based on your review I guess it's another xab movie that I will have to add to my collection.. lol..
Since the Blaum collection I've been watching his movies except for that soccer one because my mom told me the plot and I didn't like it.. khekhekhe...

cecilia

Staff member
i saw a preview of it at the flea market today. it was pretty funny. i didn't have the courage to buy it. maybe july 4th LOL