Ikeman Desu Ne (You're Beautiful Jversion)

paige

sarNie Hatchling
i am a bigggggggg fan of YAB, when i found out tat theres gonna be a jversion, i went bonkers :cheer: .

The upcoming TBS Jdorama remake of the popular K-drama You’re Beautiful is scheduled to premiere in two weeks starring a relatively new cast of Johnny Ent idols with the director who did Hana Yori Dango.

IKEMAN DESU NE
(literal trans "Beautiful Man, Yes?" the 'ne' makes it a question)

Takimoto Miori as Park Shin Hye role/Go Mi Nam&Go Mi Nyeo
Tamamori Yuka as Jang Geun Seok role/Hwang Tae Kyung
Fujigaya Taisuke as Jung Yong Hwa role/Kang Shin Woo
Yaotome Hikaru as Lee Hong Ki role/Jeremy

Weird Preview

BTS

i have occasional jdrama fever but i havent for an embarrassing long time and im totally doing tis one :dance3: .

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
I so can not wait to watch this version. I hope its as good as the K version. I hope the Japan would make their tv series longer and not short like up to 9 or 10 episode that the only thing that I don't like.

paige

sarNie Hatchling
im plugging in tis friday..after i go to harry potter(AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)midnite showin.

The Japanese version of You're Beautiful will premiere on July 15 and the (full and longer) preview is out!

These two clips are much better watch the earlier bits.

FULL PREVIEW

CAST INTERVIEW

paige

sarNie Hatchling
i pray tat theyll stick to the orginal. im tinking almost scene by scene remake with japanese humor. and ive been reading around and many readers are expectin the same.

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
Thanks for the clips. There something about the j actors that I'm not feeling of it...they don't seem to look that good compare to K version actors. The actress is every cutie.

I think if Kame (KAT-TUN) were to play JSG part. He would have been the best Hwang Tae Kyung. :coverlaf:

paige

sarNie Hatchling
if yamapi was Hwang Tae Kyung i would die happy. with the cast, i totally dont like the lead guy. other than him, i can live with the rest. ive learn not to expect much on look in jdrama.

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
The guys don't look dream like the K version guy....OMG they using K- version song in that opening scene into the band. I hope they have their own song to sang then use the K-version song so it be something different. First episode is pretty good so far.

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
Sorry to say, but not liking how feminine the guys look..and wat da heck, is it me or their eyebrows is getting thinner..but will still try it out..

LakornGods

sarNie Hatchling
ahhh! my and my lil sis are loving this. storyline is so far 60% same. the japs got diff take on...obstacles, so itll be refreshing.

-godninja@lakorngods

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
hmm.. i dont know if i'll be tuning in to this one.. because i want really tuned in for the korean one either.. kyahhhh... but i shall check it out..

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
I just got this series and stared to watch it. I love it so much already. This version is pretty good. At first I didn't want to watch it because the cast didn't look that good when I see them on photos but on screen they look good. :coverlaf:

Miori look so much like Park Shin Hye. I almost thought it was PSH.

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
I just finish this drama in two days and I got to said I :thumbsup: it every much. Funny how they add twist making Toru like Yuki :coverlaf: ...I kind of wish they would have end up as a couple..cutie to see Toru one side love for Yuki. Somehow I find Shu annoying to watch. In K- version Shin Woo wasn't this annoying. You kind of feel sorry for him. OMG I love one of the episode Jang Geun Suk made an cameo. :D I couldn't stop smiling watching that episode.....I like the last episode the most kind of better then the last episode of k- version. Miko got to go to Africa in the end and show how she came back as Ren waited for her. Also I can't remember in the K-version did the mom apology to Mi Nyeo or not but in this version the mom apology to Miko and to her son. It seem like Ren and his mom are on good term in the end. In the K-version I remember Tae Kyung and his mom wasn't on good term yet in the end. Tae Kyung haven't forgive his mom yet.

I really hope they make season 2 of the J version or have a SP movie.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ you make me wanna watch this version na Dancy.. hehe...
I think I might.. since I can't continue on with the korean one for some reason.. I'm not really a PSH fan for some reason.. @_@

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
Aikoden you should give it a try. This version is good and there are some twist in this version and they change up the story a bit in the being....also in this version the Ren and Miko got one last kiss at the end. In the K-version they didn't.