Islamic

dfemc

sarNie Adult
vilasaeng said:
I was wondering who in here is a Muslim.....
[post="38977"][/post]​

why...i'm still in question with faith...i could possibly be Muslim...

what's up? :)

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
1. Well if you're not an islamic religion how do you become one without marriage?

2. How do Muslim's families view girl who had a past and a child(ren)?

3. In Muslim the girl have to convert in Islamic and also the guy if they marriage to a girl... what if guy who marriage an islamic girl want the girl to convert into his religion... Are there going to be a problem?

4. How far will a father goes to forbid his daughter to marriage if the above was "no way my daughter is converting...ect"?

5. What are the Islamic rule for girls and dating a Muslim?

6. When do the Ramada start? I know I could find this on the net!

7. How strictly do you follow the Ramada?

8. I don't know if I'm correct... But in the Koran it say "There's no God but one God, Allah." Doesn't Allah mean God?

9. What is the Koran teaching?

Thank you for trying to answer my question to the best of your ability.....

Kina

Dubsteppin'
vilasaeng said:
1. Well if you're not an islamic religion how do you become one without marriage?

2. How do Muslim's families view girl who had a past and a child(ren)?

3. In Muslim the girl have to convert in Islamic and also the guy if they marriage to a girl... what if guy who marriage an islamic girl want the girl to convert into his religion... Are there going to be a problem?

4. How far will a father goes to forbid his daughter to marriage if the above was "no way my daughter is converting...ect"?

5. What are the Islamic rule for girls and dating a Muslim?

6. When do the Ramada start? I know I could find this on the net!

7. How strictly do you follow the Ramada?

8. I don't know if I'm correct... But in the Koran it say "There's no God but one God, Allah." Doesn't Allah mean God?

9. What is the Koran teaching?
Thank you for trying to answer my question to the best of your ability.....
[post="41141"][/post]​
those are a lot lol.... ok ill try to answer.

1-u dont need to marry a muslim man to become one. its very easy to become a muslim. all u have to say is (with firm belief in ur HEART) "there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his (last) messenger"...in arabic is "la ilaha ila Allah wa Muhammad rusool Allah."

2-as muslims, we know that a new convert is a blessing in our Ummah (muslim community) so we/the family do not look at her past negatively if she has done sth bad. the past is the past. if one does look at it bad, then it is at a personal level, not a religious level.

3-Ok...Muslim men can marry girls who are already muslim ORRRR "People of the book"--meaning, Christians or Jewish girls because Islam is the third Abrahamic religion of God, Abraham being the first to start this monotheistic religion.
As for the Muslim women, they can ONLY marry men who are muslims, not others. not even "people of the book" bcz children and family names go throo the man's lineage. u get it? so it will be a big problem if the muslim girl marry a nonmuslim man. it would break the lineage. this is also part of christianity and jewish religion where the lineage is carried throo the man, not just Islam.

4-r u talking about the father of a nonmuslim? if that is so...i don't know. it is at a personal level. please be more specific on Q.4 so i can answer u correctly without confusion.

5-Islamic rules for girls are the same for guys. Obeying God, meaning his laws through reading/understanding the Quran. As for a girl dating a muslim...well, let me just tell u this. It is wrong and unethical in Islam for Muslims to date. dating is a renovated ideology created and brought up as the world gets modern. We respect getting engaged, then marriage.

6-It depends on when Ramadhan starts. it doesnt start at the same month each year because the Islamic calendar is Lunar-based...meaning we determine from the moon and each year...it moves a few days forward...this year, ramadhan started at Oct. 4th and ended Nov. 2nd i think.

7-there's no strictness in ramadhan. if u have good faith in Islam, u will understand the significance in fasting on this month of ramadan and when u have that understanding, u will not even think of the strictness. there's so much more to fasting than just givin up food.

8-Don't get confused with the word "god". "there is no god (notice, the 'g' is not capitalised so it isnt a pronoun) but one God, Allah (now this 'g' is capitalised to emphasize the oneness of GOD, who is Allah---Allah is his name. God is not the name of God....this word is from Greek origin. we all say god nowadays to understand as a higher being, per se.

9-The teachings of koran? maybe u meant the teachings of Islam. it generaly and basically teaches peace. the word "Islam" (the name of the religion) can mean peace but it actually means "submission"...we're submitted to Allah, our creator who created us and all things, including universe. the word "Muslim" (the title given to a person whose religion is Islam) means "submitter". we are the submitter of Allah. we do, as our duties, what he tells us.

Islam is such a beautiful religion. Ofcourse, through the lying medias, they portray it in such a bad image where people get the idea that Islam and Muslims are all about terrorising and war-causing. that isnt true----and it isnt right to do that.

if u have further comments or questions, feel free to ask again. im glad that you asked.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
thank you you're such a sweet heart... It clearify alot of things up for me now...

as for question 4 I mean the father of the Muslim girls.... who far will they go to prevent his daughter to marry to a nonMuslim guy....

So Allah is Islamic God his name... see that's were I don't really understand Islamic...

I study alot of religious beliefs but Islamic is the belief I don't understand and actually took the time to study... My parent was surprise that I "wasting" my time because I usually get bored with stuff fast and if it's too hard to understand I just forget about it....

I don't know there's something about the Islamic religion that make me want to seek more knowledge about it....

Answer to 2
2-as muslims, we know that a new convert is a blessing in our Ummah (muslim community) so we/the family do not look at her past negatively if she has done sth bad. the past is the past. if one does look at it bad, then it is at a personal level, not a religious level.
Converting as into Islamic?

Does Buddhisiam consider people of the book?

Answer to number 5 reflect another question back to number 2...

Dating is bad... but if a girl with child whose isn't Islamic isn't that's somehow against the Quran teaching....

Thank you so much again...Sorry to misspell the Quran.....

One other question...

The hijiab do Muslim girls require to wear them.. and sorry... what's with the whole face cover up only showing the eyes something even the eyes is cover by a netting things...

Do they allowed to take it off... If yesl. When and where is it approiate....

Kina

Dubsteppin'
vilasaeng said:
thank you you're such a sweet heart... It clearify alot of things up for me now...

as for question 4 I mean the father of the Muslim girls.... who far will they go to prevent his daughter to marry to a nonMuslim guy....

So Allah is Islamic God his name... see that's were I don't really understand Islamic...

I study alot of religious beliefs but Islamic is the belief I don't understand and actually took the time to study... My parent was surprise that I "wasting" my time because I usually get bored with stuff fast and if it's too hard to understand I just forget about it....

I don't know there's something about the Islamic religion that make me want to seek more knowledge about it....

Answer to 2
Converting as into Islamic?

Does Buddhisiam consider people of the book?

Answer to number 5 reflect another question back to number 2...

Dating is bad... but if a girl with child whose isn't Islamic isn't that's somehow against the Quran teaching....

Thank you so much again...Sorry to misspell the Quran.....

One other question...

The hijiab do Muslim girls require to wear them.. and sorry... what's with the whole face cover up only showing the eyes something even the eyes is cover by a netting things...

Do they allowed to take it off... If yesl. When and where is it approiate....
[post="41186"][/post]​

wow...ur really passionate about learning this. i can tell by ur questions. dont feel stupid asking or dont think that ur questions are stupid either. that's how we all learn, by asking questions.

4-to clarify this......no one has true responsibility except the girl's parents. u mentioned only the father, but the mother plays an important role also. parents are the ones who are the responsible for teaching their children with good morals, and thats also islamically too. her father can tell her NOT to date a guy who is not muslim...he can tell her NOT to date at all....because dating in general is not allowed in Islam whatsoever. the daughter has her right to abide her parents or not, but more importantly, she will be breaking Allah's rule by dating.

The name "Allah" is the creator's personal name. it is HIS name. no1 name him but himself.

2-when i said converting, i meant when a nonmuslim CONVERTS to being a Muslim. the correct word is REVERT, not convert because in Islam, we believe that all human beings are born Muslims but as they grow up, they fall out of it because of how they are brought up.

Buddhists are not concidered as a part of "the people of the book". "the people of the book" are Christians and Jews because their faith has roots with Abraham, the first man who started this monotheistic religion (the belief that there is ONE god worthy of worship who created EVERYTHING in this universe and beyond). Abraham has nothing to do with Buddhism because Buddhism is a whole different, man-made religion.

"Dating is bad... but if a girl with child whose isn't Islamic isn't that's somehow against the Quran teaching...."----I dont understand what ur trying to say.

Hijab is required for muslim women to wear. Once u start puberty, that is when u start to wear hijab. now sadly, alot of muslim girls do not even wear it. let me tell you what the word "hijab" ACTUALLY means in Arabic. It means "to screen or cover or hide". people now would refer to hijab as the scarf that a muslim woman wears on her head, but this is a wrong reference. As for the whole body coverage, some women wear it, some dont. for those that dont, they stick with wearing the head scarf. there are still contemplations to whether this whole body cover hijab is required or not. i cant really say because i am not a scholar. a girl can only take her hijab (the head scarf or the whole body coverage) at home around her family members and her husband. she is not allowed to take it off outside home because only family and husband can see her. In Islam, a girl is like a pearl. we are so precious and priceless that we are only to be kept with in family circles and other muslim women can see. do u get it? thats why we value ourselves. we do not like to show our body to people.

It's good to be curious and to have the thirst for knowledge. that is what Islam teaches too. it tells us that we must strive in life to learn as much as possible about islam because Allah, the creator, gave us the mind to think and we must use it to think.

would u like some more information about Islam? please feel free to contact me. here is my email address: amenorath @ gmail . com

im sorri i spaced it but i dont what my email to be tracked by spies online.

im glad that u want to learn Islam. It is my job as a muslim to inform other people about our religion. don't get the wrong idea that our point is to convert people. that is not a good thing. Allah chooses who he would like to come to Islam. it's not our job to convert people. our job is to just inform and answer questions and teach about islam. that is it. please email me about whatever questions or wonder u have ur mind. im more than happy to answer u ^_^

oh yeah, u said that Islam is hard to learn or understand??? trust me......it isn't all that hard to understand. u just have to let go of other idealogies and put urself in a muslim's shoe and you will understand.

GUESS WHAT? i am a reverted Muslim. i was born in a Buddhist family. then as a child, i questioned the existence of a greater being, a god so i turned to Christianity and thats when i got more confused because it doesn't seem right that Jesus is the son of God yet God is all-powerful and he needs a son to back him up...dont make sense. it contradicts his power. then i grew older and i learned islam and here i am as a muslim and i am soooo happy because im doing better as a person. trust me.....it took a long roade to get here and now i am here.

again...feel free to email me ok? ^_^

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
im a little confuse between islamic and muslim .. they are not the same are they?! and which one follows the koran?

Kina

Dubsteppin'
KawaiiTennyo said:
im a little confuse between islamic and muslim .. they are not the same are they?! and which one follows the koran?
[post="41292"][/post]​

ISLAM is the religion's name. MUSLIM is what you call the people whose religion is ISLAM.

Analogy: Christianity is a religion whereas Christian is the follower of Christianity.
Buddhism=religion....Buddhists=followers of Buddhism.

Many people get confused between ISLAM and MUSLIM. Maybe it's because the followers aren't named "Islamics" after the religion, like CHRISTIAN is to CHRISTIANity. the title Islam is man made...it's what God said it is. where as 'christianity' is a man-made word. same thing for most of other religions.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Amira said:
ISLAM is the religion's name. MUSLIM is what you call the people whose religion is ISLAM.

Analogy: Christianity is a religion whereas Christian is the follower of Christianity.

Many people get confused between ISLAM and MUSLIM. Maybe it's because the followers aren't named "Islamics" after the religion, like CHRISTIAN is to CHRISTIANity. the title Islam is man made...it's what God said it is. where as 'christianity' is a man-made word. same thing for most of other religions.
[post="41351"][/post]​
this was very informative. i learned quite a lot myself, since i'm still undergoing search as always have. the islamic faith is one that has facinated me for quite some time as well, since i've had a bit more exposure to it during my past college years and through great friends. i hope to continue learn more of it and if i ever do myself stumble upon a question, i'll be sure to keep u as a reference.

thnx amira. :)

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Thank you for all the respond it really help me alot and now it bring greater question into my mind... I'll be in contact with you through your email and in this form too...
thank you so much.... :D

I like to explore many faith and belief... I understand almost about Half of them

Kina

Dubsteppin'
im glad that my answers helped u guys to better understand Islam because it is nothing like the media portrays it to be.

If any one of you would like to learn more about Islam, this is great and informative site that i have. i stumbled upon it while i was researching Islam last year, b4 my reversion/conversion. it helped me to open my eyes and heart to Islam, and life itself because there's so much more to life than just "having fun" and "making the most of it".

here's the Link: A guide to Islam

i hope that will help u guys out with understanding and learning Islam. If u guys have further questions, then just email me or PM throo here. im glad to help :D

And to vilaseang, that site answers ur questions indepthly.

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
Amira said:

[post="41351"][/post]​
so you follow the koran right?

Kina

Dubsteppin'
KawaiiTennyo said:
so you follow the koran right?
[post="42440"][/post]​
depends what u mean by FOLLOWING the Koran.

the Koran is our holy book, like the Jew's Torah or the Christian's Bible.

Hope that answered ur question.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
vilasaeng said:
Do you wear the hijab and is it hard to wear and how do you wear them....
[post="42718"][/post]​
yes i wear the hijab. i started wearing it just recently. i wasnt ready to wear before i was scared of the sudden changes and i was afraid of what my other relatives might say/think of me. i didnt let that bother me anymore, like a month ago so i just got my courage and wore it on a saturday.

its not hard to wear it. it is soooo easy. there many ways to wear a head scarf, and it depends what kind of scarf, too. i have a lot of the Square head scarves and what u do is u fold them into a triangle (the side measurement of the square can range from 40''-60''...i think i have the 45'' ones). once u got it into a triangle, u put it on ur head, making sure that the middle point of the triangle is on top of ur head. then u bring each side that hangs around ur shoulder together at the chin and u just pin it there. i usually do this and then fold the hangings inside to behind my shoulders because theyre long and gets in my way.

besides the Square hijaabs, i have a long rectangular scarf. its about 45-50 or more longer in length and the width is about 30" i think and it all varies. theyre not all the same sizes because of style.

the scarves i have are from Syria. my stepfather went over there this summer to visit some families in Iraq and made a trip to Syria at the malls and bizarres (market). i saw pictures...omgggg it is soooooooo beautiful! if only i can find some pictures to show u guys. ill try to find some pictures to show yall. i would love to go there one day. many kute arab guys too lol. ok....

Pictures of some hijabs:

This site offers some guide to how you would wear different hijaabs, IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:

HOW TO WEAR HIJABS

hope i helped ya lol...feel free to ask me anymore questions. :)

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
wait so what ethinicity are you?? yea the koran is like your bible right?? well not to say anything negative about your religion or anything but you should read the book call PRINCESS .. it's kinda sad..

Kina

Dubsteppin'
KawaiiTennyo said:
wait so what ethinicity are you?? yea the koran is like your bible right?? well not to say anything negative about your religion or anything but you should read the book call PRINCESS .. it's kinda sad..
[post="42878"][/post]​

im thai+lao, girl :p

there are many ethnicities in Islam, like a lot of different muslims with different backgrounds. u no there are already thai-muslims that live in the southern part of thailand. malaysia is predominately muslim and so is indonesia. in fact. indonesians is the only country that is ALMOST 100% muslim, compared to arab countries. many people think that only arabs make up the majority of the muslim population. wrong.

yes the Koran is like the Christian bible.

I've never heard of a book called Princess. who's the author? and what's it about?

i have read a book about this one Saudi princess. mostly about her life in saudia and what she encounters there. it was interesting. that was like 3 years ago when i didnt no much about Islam so i conjurred up some negative things about Islam, according to what i read from the book. it isnt likely. people shouldn't mix politics with religion for whatever reason, as it is happening nowadays with Islam and thats how people get the wrong message about Islam, that it is all terrorism. it isnt like that at all. once u get a head start on it and dp ur own researches, w/o believing quickly what other people say, u will understand that Islam is nothing but peaceful.

B) ;)

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
Amira said:
im thai+lao, girl :p

there are many ethnicities in Islam, like a lot of different muslims with different backgrounds. u no there are already thai-muslims that live in the southern part of thailand. malaysia is predominately muslim and so is indonesia. in fact. indonesians is the only country that is ALMOST 100% muslim, compared to arab countries. many people think that only arabs make up the majority of the muslim population. wrong.

yes the Koran is like the Christian bible.

I've never heard of a book called Princess. who's the author? and what's it about?

i have read a book about this one Saudi princess. mostly about her life in saudia and what she encounters there. it was interesting. that was like 3 years ago when i didnt no much about Islam so i conjurred up some negative things about Islam, according to what i read from the book. it isnt likely. people shouldn't mix politics with religion for whatever reason, as it is happening nowadays with Islam and thats how people get the wrong message about Islam, that it is all terrorism. it isnt like that at all. once u get a head start on it and dp ur own researches, w/o believing quickly what other people say, u will understand that Islam is nothing but peaceful.

B) ;)
[post="42883"][/post]​
im sure every religion teaches good morals .. but have you read the koran about females?! it's kinda not fair .. yea it's about a saudi princess.. i forgot who;s the author although i jsut finished it recently haha but yea she marries a guy name careem and she has a sister name sara and a borhter name ali..