Ivy

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
Just wanted to start this thread on Ivy. Ivy is a hot new singer in Korea. She was also trained by JYP who was involved with starting Bi's singing career. JYP even wrote and/or composed 4 songs on her debut, Ivy Vol. 1 - My Sweet and Free Day.
Ivy herself wrote the lyrics to a song on her album. I think she's pretty and has a nice voice. Although on her 1st single, Tonight or Oh Neul Baum Il you don't really get to hear how her voice can really sound good. You can hear it more on one of her slow songs, Afraid of a Fool.

Ivy

Here's a description of Ivy taken from yesasia.com

Ivy's magic groove!
After a preparation period of no less than 4 years, K-pop has hope for another promising artist as Ivy lands her explosive debut LP. Announced by her record label more than half a year ago through effective media coverage, the newcomer's highly anticipated album finally hits the music shelves. Backed up by Park Jin Young, Bang Si Hyuk, Kim Do Hun, Bobby Kim, and Jo Young Su among other top notch producers, Ivy incorporated various music genres including dance, hip hop, reggae as well as jazz into her captivating tunes. The star also spared no efforts to acquire super dancing skills with some very valuable assistance by dancing expert Fatima Robinson that also provided mega star Christina Aguilera with some very useful lessons. Another fact that no doubt added spice to the sound of Ivy's first 15 track LP was that all recording took place in a recording studio formerly serving famous artists including Destiny's Child, Brandy, and Monica. Offering such absorbing songs like Dawn Dawn Dawn, Poison Ivy, and "Prayer" (track 10), music lovers are advised to reach out for Ivy's rhythmic joy ride!

~~~~~~~~

I've uploaded her mv for Tonight and some perf. in the thread entitled On Gracejen's Playlist, in the buddies media sec. :)

Ivy's website
ivy1.co.kr or ivyone.co.kr

cecilia

Staff member
kekek..i saw her with Bi when he went to see her debut..keke...

I LIKE ''MUSIC IS MY LIFE''..nice song..and then when she did her showcase..

sing..''FALLEN'' by Alicia Keys..nice voice..POWERFUL voice..kekek..

cecilia

Staff member
^^hahah..now.. i'm making myself look :eek: like a fool..lol..

thanks gracejen for correcting..just like BYUL and STAR..they're the
same..

oh..i just remember..IVY..is she that girl in RAINYDAY CONCERT IN
SEOUL...she's feature in the back of his photobook...lol..my bad..kekek..i'm so
load with brainwash lately..kekek..

picture?

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
^^ LOL Yeah that would have been good. But you know how a lot of the crazy fan girls would be hating on Ivy. Cecilia, aren't we not suppose to hotlink videos? Or is that just for the buddies media sec.?

I uploaded 2 versions of Ivy's mv for tonight, performances of tonight, afraid of a fool, and please remember in the buddies media sec. :)

cecilia

Staff member
gracejen said:
^^ LOL Yeah that would have been good. But you know how a lot of the crazy fan girls would be hating on Ivy. Cecilia, aren't we not suppose to hotlink videos? Or is that just for the buddies media sec.?

I uploaded 2 versions of Ivy's mv for tonight, performances of tonight, afraid of a fool, and please remember in the buddies media sec. :)
[post="15013"][/post]​

hahah..you got me again..SUPPOSELY ACCORDING TO SARN..no..but i guess i
totally forgot about it..my bad..but then again..it's an unlimited thing from her
cafe..so then i think it's okay..i'm sure..not alot of ppl will hotlink from here...hopefully....GRACEJEN..stop picking on me :( ..i feel ASHAMED
now..keke... :lol:

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
Awww Cecilia, I don't mean to. Yeah we don't really have to worry about too much dling from hotlinks here. if it were at soompi, that would be another story. :)

Uploading some Ivy pix on my photobucket so be back with it.

cecilia

Staff member
gracejen said:
Awww Cecilia, I don't mean to. Yeah we don't really have to worry about too much dling from hotlinks here. if it were at soompi, that would be another story. :)

Uploading some Ivy pix on my photobucket so be back with it.
[post="15031"][/post]​
i know..i'm kidding you...and me..i guess.. :lol:

but yeah..if it's were to go in soompi..
i probably won't dare post it up..cuz youknow..too many hotlinker in there..keke...

she remind me of somebody thought..but she's pretty..

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
can someone upload her song Music in My LIFE please ??

cuz i discovered her in HK and in the MV she looks like BoA LOL anyways this song was stuck in my head LOL

thanks~~

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
As I said already in the 3rd post IVY DOES NOT SING MUSIC IS MY LIFE. That is ANOTHER SINGER.

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
gracejen said:
As I said already in the 3rd post IVY DOES NOT SING MUSIC IS MY LIFE. That is ANOTHER SINGER.
[post="15543"][/post]​
oh really ?? o_O
I tought it was her...
Bi said that it's her single i dunno in the MV it was her too

sorrie sorrie gracejen :unsure:

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
Don't have to say sorry, Kristie. :) You can probably find her music at bww2.kpop. Just register to become a member and search in the downloads section. The singer who sings Music Is My Life wears her hair in braids a lot, like Alicia Keys.

EDITED~~

Found out who sings Music Is My Life, its Lim Jeong Hee! She's also the singer who sang the female version of the song Geh Deh Ji Geum (Why), #2 song on the Full House Soundtrack. Love that version. She has a nice voice, they should have included it in the ost. Don't like her Music Is My Life song, but love love the Full House song. :)

Nameless

N i n j a
Ivy is pretty hot. But I heard she's not that great at singing live. Gotta download a performance to see how she fairs.

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
Ivy's live performances are okay. I uploaded some in the buddies media sec.

Its better than a certain other famous, hot female singer, Hyori. *cough* All the live perf. from that one is always bad. Not to be dissing on Hyori, 'cause I do like her, but her singing live is bad.