Kiss after Kiss:: Tik/Aff

neena

sarNie Adult
Aff felt so uncomfortable talking about her celebrity status. She tried ignoring it. He could remember his cab driver? This sounded suspicious she thought.
"Wait a minute, you remember your cab driver, but not yourself?" she asked him.
"...Of course!! He's my best mate!" said Tik. "How in the hell can I forget this face huh?" Tik squeezed Loo's cheeks.
"Awe...P'Tik what's gotten into you? You've never been this touchy before? Best mate? I'm your best mate?"
"Tik...hahaha...is that what you call me?"
"HUH?!" questioned Loo.
"Woo...my head..."
"What's the matter, P'Tik?"
"...I am having a very bad headache. Please bring me back to the bed...I...I wanna lay down for a while."
Loo guided Tik to his hospital bed.
"Do you want me to get you some water?" insisted Loo.
"No...actually I want you to stay here with me...Khun...Aff right?"
"Yes?"
"Could you bring me a glass of water?"
"Sure...One moment kay?"
Aff left the room and as soon as she did Tik turned to Loo.
"Whats up with..." Tik made his voice high like a girl. "KHUN AFF...Its really KHUN AFF!"
"Well, its really her..." said Loo in a sad tone. "Owe, I thought you couldn't remember?"
Tik sighed annoyingly. "Look, I'm fine, totally fine."
"But didn't Khun Aff say that you didn't remember yourself."
"If I couldn't remember myself or anyone, how in the hell did I call you up a while ago?"
Loo stood, thinking to himself. "OH....you liar!! You haven't lost your mind...you've been deceiving that girl!"
Tik rolled his eyes. "Look, she deserves it."
"What? she deserves it? Your so mean!"
"The person who broke my neck isn't mean?"
Loo gasped like a girl holding his heart. "Khun Aff broke your neck?"
"She thought I took her bag and hit me across the face with a bat. Looking at her scrawny body, you'd think she was weak."
"And now, your trying to get her back by lying to her?"
"And making her pay. Who do you think will pay for these medical bills? My father will kill me if he found out about this. We have enough trouble running that crappy theater house. Hey, you've never met her, this is the first time I've seen her in town...how do you already know her?"
Loo giggled to himself. "My best mate don't watch enough TV. She's the hottest actress in Thailand right now." Loo pulled out his wallet, he had her picture in one of the pockets. "See? I have her picture right here." Loo handed Tik the picture. Tik took a look at it, Aff looked different in a good way he thought. He would have never thought she'd look this good.
"You...have a picture in your wallet?"
"Well, yes...turn it around."
Tik did as he was told. "What's this?"
"Lyrics to her lakorn...I like to sing it..." smiled Loo.
Tik gave Loo a retarded look. "Your kidding me." Tik threw the picture back at Loo.
"Are you going to tell her that you were lying all along?"
"Course not. She hasn't been very honest with me either. Besides, this game it getting fun."

Aff poured a cup of water from the fountain. She took out her cellphone and dialed Ploy's number.
"Nong Aff? How are you?" answered Ploy on the other line.
"Not too good."
"Why? Is someone treating you badly? If so, I'll fly up there if you want me to."
"No...its more like...I accidentally almost killed someone."
"What?! Really?"
"Yeah...and now he can't remember himself."
"He has amnesia."
"...Yeah..."
"Its okay..."
"No its not, I ran away from Bangkok, from all that trouble down there and here I am worrying over someone I have no idea about."
"Then come home."
"I think I should...the poor guy though, I think I'll have to pay his medical bills before heading down to Bangkok. Once I get everything here settled I'll head back."
"Okay, anything you want. Be careful."
The conversation ended.

Aff knocked on Tik's door. She came into the room while the doctor followed her into the room as well.
"I'm going to do another check up then you are ready to leave sir." said the doctor.
Aff handed Tik the cup of water he wanted. He gulped it down. Loo kept his eyes on Aff, stunned at her beauty even though she wasn't in anything fancy like a celebrity at an awards show.
"Thats refreshing...thank you, Khun Aff."
"No problem."

The doctor did a check up on Tik and Tik was set free from the hospital. Aff insisted on paying for the bills.
"No...but you saved me, its not your fault at all." said Tik
"Its okay, I'll pay for everything, you just don't worry about anything."
"Hmm...Okay, if you insist...I find it funny though...really are there people like you in this world? You saved me and you are paying for all my medical bills...it would make more sense if you were the one who gave me the broken neck." Tik gave her a hard stare.
Aff swallowed hard. "Hehehe...why do you think that?" She feared he was coming out of his amnesia.
"Oh well, anyways, thank you so much for everything." he grinned. "Your really a good person. Well then, I'll leave you to your business. I hope we meet again Khun Aff."
Tik left the hospital knowing that on this day he left her with a lot of guilt inside. He turned to look back at her for the last time.

Aff wrote a check for Tik's medical bills. Tik's doctor came walking by and she stopped him.
"Hi doctor, I was curious about something...."
"Yes?"
"Mr....Mr. Tik, his injury was it so bad that he could lose a little of his memory?"
"...No I don't believe so. The concussion didn't damage any part of his brain with memory."
"Ah...is that so?"
"You were the one who bought him in...are you the one who hit him?"
"Eh?...yeah..." she admitted for the first time.
"He'll be fine. He doesn't have any kind of memory loss."
"Thank you doctor."
Aff knew now of Tik's lies. She hoped this was the last time she ever saw him. She worried for nothing.

neena

sarNie Adult
"Gep pleng rak nee wai hai ter meua wan dai tee je jer chan gor prom lae yin-yom mop kwaam rak lae jit jai....chua ni-rannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn." singed Loo in the car.
"Your killing that song." yelled Tik in the back seat.
By now it has been a few days since they've seen Aff. Tik was out of his neck brace. They were headed to the train station to pick up his mom. His mom was a fashion designer who spends most of her time in Bangkok, she was paying a visit to her husband's theater house. Tik stays at a hotel run by his band of friends, his father lives in the theater house while his mom travels back and forth from Bangkok to their village. They're the type of family that can't live together. Tik frequently travels down to Bangkok as well but he prefers to stay in the more refreshing village with his father.

"Haven't you heard of this song?"
"No."
"Well, I like it...Khun Aff was in the lakorn with this song."
Tik rolled his eyes with no interest about Aff.
"Ever since you met that girl, you have been talking about her nonstop."
"I know haven't I? Gosh she is more beautiful in person. Remember when I told you I wanted to be a make-up artist and then I changed my mind, then I wanted to again and then-"
Tik sighed. "You changed your mind."
"Yeah, but now, seriously I am thinking about it...seeing her face, I just want to make her look beautiful with my magic hands."
"Here, take this stick that I found in your dirty car and stick it into your ear to get all that wax out, then listen carefully to what you just said."
"Humph! Your so rude! Fine I'll just find something else to do like...sing! Gep pleng rak nee wai hai ter meua wan dai tee je jer chan!"
Tik groaned, displeased with his friend.
"If you don't shut your mouth, I swear I will really stick this into your ear."

At last, they got to the train station. Tik got out quickly, he was eager to see his mom. He wait with Loo to the train platform, they waited and waited until late into the afternoon. Still there was no sign of his mother. Once in a while one or two people would pass by, the train station was very quiet. On this day also, Aff was heading back to Bangkok. Before going to the train platform she bought herself some donuts to take along. Tik sat on the bench facing the railroad tracks, he stared into them, wanting to see his mother again. Loo had left Tik to answer a call from his sister. Aff came and sat on the bench next to Tik. At first they didn't notice each other. Aff munched on her tiny donuts quietly. Tik took a look at his watch.
"Why is this train so late?"
Aff heard his voice and turned to look at him. Tik finally saw her also. They looked at each other. The wind blowing into Aff's hair making it go in all different directions. Tik gave her a smile.
"Hi! I wasn't expecting to see you here." He walked to her.
She stood up before him. Before he knew it she kicked him in the balls. He kneel before her in pain.
"Every time we meet you always get hurt by me...You lying cheap sake!"
"AWE....and...you?! God! I am in so-much-pain-right-now."
"You, you faked that whole amnesia...do you know how guilty I felt?!!"
Tik got to his feet finally. "...Good...Awe shhhhhh...that was how I wanted you to feel! You deserve it! Your a lying cheap sake as well! You lied about saving me! If you had admitted your crime for breaking my neck I would have let you off the hook."
"You are such a child!! This is all about me apologizing?! I'm not going to because you don't deserve an apology. Men like you don't deserve a lot of things." Aff picked up her bags from the bench and was about to leave when Tik grabbed her arms.
"LET GO OF ME!" she screamed. She threw her mini donuts at him. Pushing him away. He wouldn't move, he endured her donut throwing. He bent down and lifted her up, carrying her upside down.
"My things, what are you doing?!" she yelled. "Get me down!!! I have to leave for Bangkok today!!!!"
"Teaching you a few lessons..."
"NO! Get me down!! I want to go home!"
"Your not going anywhere but my place."
"What?!!"
"Arrogant girls like you, you need to understand how others feel too."
Tik walked with Aff hitting his back and screaming for help. In the village, everyone knew each other, passerby looked on as if they knew Tik knew what he was doing. The trainman walked by.
"Tik? Why is there a girl on your shoulder?"
"Thank goodness...sir-" said Aff.
Tik slapped her ass to shut her up. "New housekeeper for the theater house, she's another crazy one I tell you. They always send me the crazy lunatics."
It was still hard for Tik to walk with his soft spot aching from the kick and those hits she keeps stabbing into his back was really hurting him but he endured it, he was determined to change Aff and make her a less arrogant girl. They got to Loo's car. Loo shut off his phone and looked at Tik and Aff hanging up side down from his back.
"Whose that?"
"Your nang'ek."
"Oh...its you!! Please Help me!! Tell this crazy person to put me down!" cried out Aff.
"Khun Aff? What are you doing with her?! Put her down...what if she's hurt?!"
"She won't be but if you don't do as I say, you'll be hurt."
"No!! Don't listen to him! Tell him to let me down! I have to catch a train."
"Loo go back there and grab any of her belongings."
"Your kidnapping Nang'ek Aff?"

neena

sarNie Adult
Loo went and grabbed all of her things. Loo respected Tik as an older brother so he did everything Tik said. Tik sat Aff in the back seat, he pulled the belt buckle over her. When he was reaching to buckle it up she slapped him across the face.
"I regret not hitting you harder last time! Your as bad as that boy who stole my bag that day! Let go of me!" she screamed into his ear.
"Sorry, I don't care who you are, no one gets away when they've hurt me twice already!" said Tik. He succeeded in buckling her up then he sat next to her. She began hitting him in the arm to make him come to his senses of releasing her. Tik reacted as nothing happened, he was getting angry at her though, never has he seen such a fighter but he was going to change that.
"I'm going to call the police on you!" she threatened.
"Please lady, I own half of this town."
Aff continued to hit him but then everything turned blurry and she fainted with all her strength gone, she was too stressed out to get into more problems. Tik shook her to wake her up but she wouldn't.
"Hey Lady!" He knew she was an actress, perhaps she was putting on a show, he thought. Loo finally arrived with her things. Tik rolled down the window.
"Get in the car and take us to Mam's house."

The place beside the theater house was a flower shop owned by Tik's sister. Her name is Mam. Mam's a single mother with a daughter, Chompoo. Mam was outside in the backyard watering her plants when Loo pulled up to the driveway. Mam walked to the car and Tik carried Aff out of the car.
"Whose the girl?" she asked Tik. "OMG what happened to her?" Noticing that she's unconscious.
"She's no one, just a very mean girl whom I brought to help you and Chompoo."
"Bring her inside. You didn't hurt her did you?" asked Mam.
Mam walked inside with Tik behind her.

Aff woke up that evening in Chompoo's bedroom. Chompoo was staring at Aff and this frightened her when she opened her eyes. The room was filled with posters of Japanese animation for kids. She was only eight years old. The room was covered in pink wallpaper.
"Hi." said Chompoo in a small cute voice. "Who are you?"
Aff sat up, rubbing her head.
"Where am I?"
"You're in my room."
"Whose room?"
"I'm Chompoo, Uncle Tik brought you here, thats what mom told me."
"Uncle Tik?"
Chompoo nodded. "My Uncle said you will be helping us with the flower shop."
Aff was fully awake now. "Now, where is that Uncle of yours?"
"He went back to the hotel, where he lives."
"He lives in a hotel?"
Chompoo frowned. "...Well, I don't know where he actually lives. Sometimes he lives with my mom and I. Sometimes he lives with Grandpa Pholdee. And sometimes he lives with his friends at the hotel."
"Hmm..."
"Miss, you look like a real nang'ek..."
Aff smiled at Chompoo, already she is admiring her cuteness. Mam walked into the room while Chompoo and Aff were having their little chat.
"Time for dinner, come here Chompoo" said Mam. "Please join us for dinner." to Aff.

Aff, Chompoo, and Mam all sat around the table. Aff was looking around the house. It wasn't in the best condition she thought but to be respectful she kept quiet.
"Is this the first time you've been in our village?" asked Mam.
"Yes...its a very beautiful place, really."
Mam smiled. "Yes it is."
"Chompoo is a really cute girl."
"Yes...and its just the two of us here."
Aff wanted to see Tik. She wanted to strangle him if she could. Mam was a woman with very few words, her eyes had this kind of sadness in them. Chompoo was still too young to understand.
"Tik...he's...your brother?"
Mam smiled. "My crazy brother. Our father lives next door, owns the theater house, if I am correct, you are an actress right?"
"...how did you guess?"
"Well, I think my father's screened some of your films in the theater house before, how did you end up here?"
"...just, you know finding something else to do."
"Ah....I see."
"Have you lived here all your life?" asked Aff.
"No, I was actually born in Bangkok."
"Really?"
"Yeah...our mom owns the Kiss After Kiss boutique in Bangkok....at one time...I was a model."
Aff listened carefully to her story.
"But...things...they didn't turn out right." Mam put her arm around Chompoo.
"I'm sorry to hear that."
"Well pursuing a career in acting isn't for everyone. I'm happy with Chompoo here, there aren't many enemies around here with my Brother Tik to protect us." frowned Mam, she changed the subject to avoid the topic. "Are you enjoying the food?"
Aff nodded with a bright smile. "Thank you so much for the dinner."

neena

sarNie Adult
Days past and Tik haven't been to Mam's house because he got caught up in work elsewhere. Aff lived with Mam and Chompoo and she was beginning to really love them like family. She was most attach to Chompoo. Mam taught Aff a lot of things while staying with them and for once Aff felt like she was useful in something.

"Hi mom! Dad, Mam, Chompoo and everyone is doing fine here. I thought you were coming up for the week?...Oh I see...Okay then, whenever you can make it just call me. I'll be waiting for you. Bye."
Tik hung up the cell phone. His mom doesn't visit often and he doesn't receive her love enough thats why he's so cold-hearted and does everything to just please himself.

Tik visited his father at the theater house where his father was sitting on the curb, staring out onto the street. Business wasn't going good. His father was miserable.
"Dad, whats the matter?" Tik sat next to him on the curb.
His dad sighed. "Look at this old piece of junk house, we don't even have enough money to buy all the movies scheduled to screen in this old theater house. I don't know what I'm going to do."
Tik knew his father loved showing movies, he grew up showing movies in this exact theater house with Tik's grandpa. Tik's father would be even more miserable if he lost the theater house.
"I've been re-running old films forever and since now the younger generation is growing up so fast its hard to catch their attention with older movies. If only there was some way for me to make more money to buy new films to screen."
"Hmm...you know Dad, there might be a way...I just thought of something..." Tik smiled.

Aff popped up into his mind. He had to go to Mam's house that evening. When he arrived at Mam's house he saw Aff from outside the frameless window. Aff was playing around with Chompoo in the livingroom. Mam was asleep. Chompoo stayed up with Aff playing a board game. Tik wasn't careful and he accidentally kicked one of Mam's pots on the ground when he was moving quietly towards the door to go inside. Aff looked around, afraid that someone was outside trying to rob them or something. She turned off any source of light in the house.
"Shh...don't say anything Chompoo." she whispered.
Tik looked up at the house and everything was off, it was pitch black in the house.
"Owe, I thought they were just there...did they decide to go to bed already?"
"Chompoo...go back to your mom's room and I'll stay here just in case someone tries to break in."Aff whispered to Chompoo.
Chompoo ran quietly to her mom's room. Aff went into the kitchen to find any kind of weapon and she found a metal spatula. Tik had the keys to Mam's house so he welcomed himself in. He turned on the living room lights while Aff stayed by the kitchen door in the dark holding the spatula tightly. Tik walked towards the kitchen, his footsteps scaring Aff. She closed her eyes hoping she could defeat this "robber" right when he enters the kitchen door she fully faces him and WACK! Tik caught a glimpse of her before he started seeing stars.

"It you!" gasped Aff.
Tik felt his forehead. "Awe..."
"I thought you were-"
Tik was impatient so he took the spatula out of her hand. "AWE! Is everyone here a robber to you?"
"But you sounded so creepy!! Lurking around like that, you should have called out someone at least."
"Jeez Lady, every time we meet, I'm always getting hurt, your such bad luck for me."
Tik threw the spatula on the ground and took Aff's hand. Aff pulled away.
"What are you doing?"
"Taking you outside."
"Why?"
"Just come!"
"No..."
Tik didn't listen and dragged her out the house into the street where the town seems dead. All the shops were closed and there wasn't much light. They were alone out on the street. Tik was holding on to Aff's hand but quickly let it go when he was aware of it.

"I need your help."
Aff crossed her arms. "What kind of help?"
"You see that theater house?" he pointed to his father's theater house as Aff looked at it. "How do you feel about helping us get that theater house up and running again?"
"What are you getting at?"
"Well, I was thinking of...maybe having you promote some of the movies my Dad had lined up for the next screening dates. You know, have you say a few words in front of the town to get them into watching more movies, my father's business is in a crisis right now, I'm trying any way to help him. Your one of the best actresses in the country, right?"
"I was...now I'm not."
"But still...news doesn't reach this village as fast as down in Bangkok, technically, here your still very famous."
Aff rolled her eyes.
"My friend Loo is heads over heels for you and he's a TRANNY...when the residents here find out that the actress KHUN AFF is here in their town...guess what they'll do?! They'll go crazy and be the happiest villagers around. Don't you want that?"
"No...I don't. I don't want any of that. I want people to like me for who I am not because I'm a celebrity."
"Don't you see? You can't escape that....you chose to be an actress, why not hold on to that title?"
"Because I can't do it anymore...."
"...O'cmon...half of the girls in this town look up to celebrities like you, And I'm sure you worked hard to get to your celebrity status how can you give that up?"
"You don't even understand anything about being a celebrity. How difficult it is to face the media and all."
Tik took a deep breath. "Your right, I don't know anything about a celebrity, but...there is one thing that I know, a loser is someone who acts like you, always running away, always letting the better side down."
Aff stared at Tik. "You don't know anything about me! Stop assuming that crap about me!" said Aff angrily.

"I knew this would be your answer...fine its a good thing I bought it." Tik took out the train ticket in his pocket and hand it to Aff. "Leave this place, if you can't believe in yourself and your going to have that attitude then no one here would want to accept you either. Good Bye Khun Aff."

Tik left her thinking about his words that night.

neena

sarNie Adult
Aff went to bed and as soon as she did Chompoo knocked on her door. Aff got up to open the door. Chompoo was in tears.
"Whats the matter?" asked Aff.
Chompoo ran to Aff and hugged her waist. Mam was standing behind Chompoo.
"Chompoo was worried about you." said Mam.
Aff gave Mam a weak smile. She knelled before Chompoo and wiped her tears.
"I'm not hurt anywhere. Don't worry." said Aff.

On the next morning, Aff woke up to see Chompoo sleeping by her side. Chompoo was keeping an eye on Aff. She really didn't want Aff to leave. Aff felt that Mam and Chompoo were a blessing to her. For the first time since entering the village, she felt like she was welcomed. Over at the hotel Tik had already woken. He was in his office thinking about Aff, he couldn't forget her face. During the whole night, he couldn't sleep thinking maybe he was too harsh on her when he gave her the ticket and called her a loser. A knock on his door drove him out of dreaming stage. Tik cleared his throat.
"Come in."
The door swung open but no one was there. Tik looked through the door wondering who was playing this joke on him.
"Who is it?" he called out impatiently.
No one showed. He was getting angry, it was too early to be playing this on him since he was so stressful already. Tik got up and walked to the door before he even got to shutting the door someone jumped out to greet Tik. Tik didn't fall for his friend's trick. His friend, Kong was Mam's age and they've known each other since childhood. Kong was a handsome guy who every girl wants to be with. He's intelligent and knows how to win a girl's heart. Kong was like an older brother so Tik tried to be polite around him but they end up joking around a lot.
"You know you can't fool me, Kong so stop trying." said Tik.
Kong walked past Tik into his office. "So what's new?" Tim went right to Tik's chair and sat himself down. "Its been a while since I've been here. The place is still as dirty as when I left three months ago."
"Why are you in town? Jen's stalking you again?" Jen was an ex-girlfriend of Kong's.
"No...why do you always-"
"Then, Rin came back? Oh...no...Kim? Pim? what was her name again? Dim?" teased Tik.
"Shut up, don't ever bring up her name again. Her name gives me a headache."
Tik laughed. "Exactly what you get when you try hooking up with those type of girls."

Aff had already backed her bags, she was heading back down to the cities. Chompoo was still asleep, Aff didn't want to wake her because she knew Chompoo would make it hard for her to leave. Aff took her bags into the living room where Mam was.
"Owe, whats with all the bags?"
Aff smiled. "I'm leaving today. I didn't want to wake Chompoo because-"
"I understand....you want to have breakfast with me before heading out?"
Aff nodded. They went into the kitchen and already food was on the table. Both of them took they're seats opposite each other. Chompoo's seat was empty but her mother left a plate for her. Silently, they began eating breakfast.
"P'Mam, thank you for everything that you have given me."
"Since you've been here Chompoo's been really happy. I know she'll miss you dearly. In this village other parents...are afraid of letting Chompoo play with their children...they think we're a bad influence because Chompoo was born out of wedlock." sniffed Mam. "I want to thank you for being a part of her life. I'm really grateful."
Aff bit her bottom lip to stop her from showing how much sorrow she was feeling.
"You'll be back right?"
"Of course, I'll leave you my address so you and Chompoo can write to me."
"That would be great."
After breakfast, Aff took all her belongings and left for the train station.

A little while after Aff left Mam's house. Tik and Kong were both headed to the theater house to see Tik's father. While walking on the market street Tik caught a glimpse of a advertisement Aff made for a magazine. He picked it up.
"Khun Aff." said Kong after he took a peek at the ad. "You into her?"
"She looks innocent doesn't she? I bet she isn't in real life."
"How do you know that? You've never met her. She won't ever visit a place like this."
Tik smirked. "How do you know she won't visit a place like this? Have you met her?"

They entered the theater house. Kong greeted Tik's father with a hand shake.
"How are you Mr. Poldee?" asked Kong.
"Fine...how about your family? We all haven't met each other in such a long time."
"They are all doing great as usual."
"Well, its nice seeing you again, I better get back to work."
"Wait, Dad, is Mam home?" asked Tik.
"I...I think so. Its a Saturday, Chompoo them both are home I believe."
"P'Kong, want to visit Mam?"
Kong hesitated. "I guess...I can't avoid her since she's your sister."

Kong hasn't been to Mam's house since the day she broke his heart. She was the only one he had ever truly loved since the day she came to the village with her mom from Bangkok. Mam wanted nothing to do with him because she was having Chompoo and felt it would make his reputation look bad. Secretly, Kong continues to love Mam. Tik and Kong arrive at Mam's doorstep. Mam opened the door and saw Kong first, she put on a smile to make the awkward atmosphere disappear.
"Hi, its so nice to see you."
Kong smiled. "Good. And Chompoo?"
"She's doing great, actually she's still in bed now.
"Really?" asked Tik. "That sleepy head. I'll go wake her up." Tik walked into Mam's house. He knew this was a moment for Kong and Mam so he excused himself.
Mam turned to Kong and they both smiled at one another feeling like idiots not being able to share their feelings. Tik went up to Chompoo's room and Chompoo was sitting on her bed, already with her knees to her chest. She kept rocking herself and sniffing away the tears. Tik didn't know what was wrong, he went to his niece and comforted her.
"You're awake already...what's wrong?" he asked, sitting on the bed facing her. Tik wiped her tiny tears with his big hands. "Bad dream?"
Chompoo shook her head no. Tik tilted his head with a confused look.
"Then what happened? Don't cry, big girls don't cry."
"Uncle, Aff isn't here is she?"
"If she isn't here...I'm sure she has her reasons. Whatever the reason, I'm sure she knows what she's doing." Tik wasn't sure rather Aff really left.
Chompoo's eyes glistened some more. Tik strayed away from the topic of Aff.
"Oh come on, want to go to the market with me today? I'll let you pick out anything you want."
Chompoo laid down and turned her body the other way to ignore Tik. She missed Aff and was silently crying. Tik took a deep breath. Tik left Chompoo's room and returned to the kitchen. Mam and Kong were sitting facing each other in the living room, trying hard not to stare at each other. Mam heard Tik walk into the kitchen next door and excused herself to meet her brother in the kitchen.
"Is she still sleeping?" she asked the moment she entered the small kitchen.
Tik shook his head no. "She's upset."
"Silly girl. She's going to be more upset when she finds out that Aff had already left this morning after breakfast."
"She did?" asked Tik in a surprised tone. "...I mean, she did?" he repeated in a lower relaxed tone.
"I don't know, she seemed happy here with us. Didn't think she'd end her stay so soon."
Tik smiled. "Well, you-"
Mam crossed her arms. "Do you have anything to do with it?"
Tik grabbed an apple off the counter and munched on it to distract his sister's hard stare.
"I might have...pressured her into leaving."
"Tik! how could you?! do you know how much happiness Nong Aff has brought to Chompoo's life? She's become more and more like a family not only to Chompoo but me also. Tell me, what did you say to her?"
"Geez calm down, I just called her a loser."
Mam gasped. "How dare you say that to her?!" Mam hit his arm.
"She deserves it! I bet no one has ever said that to her, thats the reason why she thinks she can give up so easily."
"And your trying to help by calling her that? Dummy! You're such a child."
"She needs to hear it! so she'll find a reason to work hard. I asked her to promote movies at the theater house, OUR dad is in major crisis right now, he needs all the help he can get, besides, her celebrity status will go up in this town but she doesn't believe in herself. Humph, I don't regret saying anything to her."
"Calling her a loser won't change anything! Have you ever considered her feelings?...You moron, always thinking about yourself."
"She's only been living here for a few days and you trust her that much?"
"I trust those who understand where I'm coming from. If you can recall, I was once in a situation like Nong Aff's. Feeling like the world is crumbing around you, falling and being unable to stand up on your own."

neena

sarNie Adult
Mam shook her head in disappointment. "I'm sure she's a very strong person, but she can't be strong when someone like you keeps putting her down."
Tik rolled his eyes thinking why the hell should he help a girl so annoying like her.
"If you can't bring her back, then don't come back into this house."
Tik's jaw fell with surprise, never has his sister kick him out. Aff must have really put some kind of spell on her. "Don't you think your over doing it?"
Chompoo came into the kitchen with a tearful face. "Mom, where is Aff?" she asked.
"Dear, she-"
"She went home." said Tik. Mam slapped him in the arm again.
"Why?" asked Chompoo.
"Well, honey, because-" answered Mam.
"She had her own business to take care of." Tik answered for Mam.
Mam went to her daughter and picked her up into her arms. Mam gave Tik a hard stare before taking Chompoo into the living room.
Tik put his hands on his hips, he wasn't going to the train station to get Aff. The day they both met was a disaster, if he goes back now to get her, she will turn everything into hell. Mam and Chompoo cherished Aff like family, if he really didn't bring her back there will be hell to pay at home. Tik had no choice but to go back and ask Aff back. Outside, rain was pouring, Tik ran through the rain towards the train station.

Aff was at the train station, waiting for the afternoon train. Chompoo and Mam kept appearing in her thoughts. Aff dialed Ploy's phone.
"...Ploy..."
"Hey Nong Aff, how are you?"
"Hmm...okay."
"Are you sure? You don't sound-"
"Listen, forgive me okay?"
"Why?"
"I want to come home but I fear of the problems I will face. I don't know if I can deal with it."
"Nong Aff...don't say that. I know you can do it...you can do anything, remember? Besides, I"m here."
"No, I can't, I can't make everyone happy."
"Who said that was your job? Nong Aff, you can only do what you can. Everyone have limits." Ploy sighed, she wasn't making Aff more hopeful at all. "If you aren't coming home, where will you go then?"
"I don't know really."
"Then come home! I beg of you."
"Only after I find myself, Ploy, tell my parents not to worry about me. I have to hang up now. I'll try calling you some times. Bye." Aff hung up before she would cry into the phone. Aff looked up at the sky, it was beginning to clear.

Tik was running what seemed like forever. Aff's face reappeared in his mind a few times before finally reaching the gates to the train station. Tik was out of breath.
"I can't believe I'm doing this." he said to himself. Tik searched one platform of the train station, still no sign of Aff. The rain stopped by now and the sun had come out of the clouds. He looked across the railroad tracks, on the platform across from him sat Aff on the bench. Tik stopped to make sure it was Aff, she had her head down looking at her ticket. She had nice looking clothes on and loads of luggage, no one in town would carry more then two luggages. Tik knew it was Aff. The bell person started ringing the bell signaling that the next train was approaching.
"KHUN AFF!" he yelled.
Aff looked up and saw Tik across the railroad tracks. Tik waved like a dork towards her. Whatever he wanted wasn't of any interest to Aff. She stood up about to walk away.
"WAIT! I have something to tell you!" yelled Tik amongst the bell ringing throughout the station.
Aff stopped, turned to look at Tik. "What did you want to tell me?! You have more names to call me? I don't want to hear it!"
"NO! Its not what you think! I wanted to tell you...." This was hard for Tik to say because he never uses these words much. He cleared his throat before saying. "I'M SORRY!"
Aff couldn't believe what she was hearing but to make him feel like more of a jerk. "WHAT!?!! I didn't hear you clearly!"
"Damn it, your not making me repeat it are you?!" frustrated.
Her train finally came. Tik was panicking now, he had to get her back. Aff took her bags as the train stopped in front of her. The train blocked Aff's view, making it hard for Tik to see her board the train. The train left after everyone boarded and Aff wasn't there anymore. Tik sighed in tiredness, he went and sat on the edge of the platform staring at the tracks. Tik lost hope in returning her to see Mam and Chompoo. He tried but in the end he couldn't get her to come back. How was he to report back to Mam? Tik knew Mam meant those words she said to him. If he really didn't bring Aff back he would be in big trouble.The train station was quiet now and he was the only one there besides the workers at the cash registers. Someone tapped him on the back and he turned to see Aff. Tik got up quickly to his feet. He stared at her, for the first time, it was refreshing to see her face.
"I...thought you left."
Aff shook her head no. "You had something to say to me, right?"
Here it goes again he thought. "I am saying I was sorry for everything that I said to you the other night. I said some words that weren't meant to be said when really I don't know what you're really going through."
A smile appeared slowly to Aff's face. For the first time, they understood each other at the same level. It was surprising to hear these words out of a person like Tik.
"My sister and Chompoo had nothing to do with the problems we had with each other. I know when Chompoo sees you, she's a happy girl and Mam, she really trusts you...other then me, she trusts you most. They think you're like family. Please don't go, at least, not yet. Its really because of me that your leaving-"
"AFF!" cried out Chompoo. Chompoo ran to hug Aff.
Mam and Chompoo made it to the train station as well. They overheard everything that Tik had said to Aff. Mam came up to all three of them. She was proud of her brother.
"Nong Aff, we love having you be our guest. Don't leave so soon."
Aff smiled brightly. "Thank you Mam....Shall we go back home?" she said to Chompoo. Chompoo nodded happily.
"OKAY, we got you're Aff back, come on Chompoo lets go home!" said Tik. Without looking he accidentally grabbed Aff's hand thinking it was Chompoo's. He pulled Aff away from Chompoo and Mam as they looked on with confusion. Aff didn't let go and looked at Tik's big hand covering her hand.
"Uncle, where are you taking Aff?" asked Chompoo.
Tik stopped and turned to look at Aff. Aff looked down at their holding hands then back up at his face. Tik did the same thing. He quickly let go.
"...Chompoo...why are you over there?" said Tik embarrassingly. Tik walked to Chompoo, picked her up and gave her a piggy back ride. Passing Aff he tried hard not to look at her because he was turning red. Mam followed Tik out of the train station. Aff looked at her hand Tik held by accident for a few seconds before following behind.

cecilia

Staff member
finally catch up with this fiction.
wow. so much happening already.
i love his little denial, not sure if he likes her yet but the little things that does to impress her is cute. i hope her come back help the theater and make their business gloom.

feel bad for mam's situation but glad that Kong still secretly love her. thats' so cute how they just stare at each other and dont' know what to say. Chompoo is so cute, adding as an accessory to her uncle's girl advantage.

pls update more.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
omg i finally caught up on this fic kekeke.. omg cant wait kekeke.. lovin it.. xp..

neena

sarNie Adult
Sqweezing together on the porch bench, Chompoo's asleep on Mam's lap.
"My brother is very stubborn. On his behalf, I apologize for any wrong he has done you. Since our mother lives in Bangkok to work on her boutique he doesn't know of a mother's affection. Daddy raised us well but he's also very stubborn, thats where Tik gets it from."
"Its really not you're brother's fault at all. Its all my fault...he was right, believing in myself, I lost hope in that for a while. Living here with you and Chompoo, I've just realized how enjoyable life can still be...having a celebrity life is hard thats why I came here to find a little happiness."
Mam sighed. "A celebrity life, I gave that up a long time ago."
"Oh, thats right, you said you were a model...how long ago was that?"
"Its been a long time, probably nine years ago since I left the entertainment business. Fame and fortune is the bright side of it all, huh? I had that....it was like a dream though, gone when you wake up."
"...if you don't mind me asking, what happened?"
"...I started out modeling for my mother's Kiss After Kiss boutique. I fell in love with another model, later becoming pregnant with his child. We were young and foolish, he couldn't handle the fact that I was pregnant with his baby and wanted me to get rid of Chompoo. He was becoming famous as a model and wanted his career more then me and his child." Mam's eyes glistened with tears. "I couldn't go on working with him...ignoring me, flirting with all the other girls in front of me. Mother understood me well and supported me through my worst days. When the media found out of my pregnancy, right before I was going to begin my acting career, they bashed my mother's boutique. Her clothing shop was on the brink of closing because of me." sniffed Mam. "This was when I knew I didn't belong in their world. I returned to my mother's hometown and lived with Daddy and Tik since."
"Your mother, how is she like?"
"She's the bravest woman I've ever known, but I think she's so strong because of my father. Even though they're so far away from each other, constantly they believe and support each other. Distance doesn't matter. Every month she comes back to visit..." Mam chuckled. "Its all because of Tik. He's such a kid. Each month, he would wait for mom at the train station."

Chompoo woke up from her sleep.
"Ma...Ma..." she hugged Mam. "I want to sleep in my bed."
"Okay. You coming to bed too?" she asked Aff.
"No, not yet. I want to stay out here for a little while. Good night Chompoo."
"Good night."
Mam and Chompoo went inside and seconds later the house lights went out. In her head, she kept replaying the scene where Tik held her hand by accident. Aff couldn't get him out of her mind. The feeling of his hand covering her own hand, still now it felt really real. Aff massaged her hand, remembering the feeling.
"Something wrong with your hand?" called out Tik by the driveway.
This made her jump but she kept calm after seeing Tik. He had his hands in his pocket, walking slowly towards her.
"Nothing's wrong with my hand."
"Why are you out here so late at night? you seem like you were thinking really hard just a few seconds ago."
"...I...I wasn't thinking about anything."
Tik smiled, he reached the porch and sat next to Aff.
"Oh..." sighed Tik.
"How about you? What were you thinking coming out so late?"
Tik gave Aff a grin. "Why?... thinking that I came here to see you?"
"No...why think that?"
"Humph, just because I held your hand by accident doesn't mean I like you. Already, your having a crush on me?"
Aff's mouth dropped. "Your so full of yourself aren't you?"
Tik chuckled. "...I'm here because of my sister and Chompoo. Normally, I check up on them before I head to the theater house next door."
"...You take good care of them."
"I have to, even though I know they can take care of themselves, well, its easier to sleep knowing their safe."
"Humph, I didn't know you can think like that.
"I can, if its those I care for."
"Shouldn't you be going now? You know they're safe." Aff was a little disappointed that he didn't care for her, this was weird why would she think this.
"I like how the sky looks when sitting on this porch." sighed Tik. "I like sitting out here at night."
"...Hmm..."
"Why did you come here in the first place? What's here? You're a celebrity, I still don't understand why you're here. Isn't Bangkok where you belong?"
"Bangkok is where I belong, but as of this moment, there is something about this place that spells magical."
Tik smiled before Aff turned to him and the smile vanished quickly from his face.
"Chompoo's father, has he ever visit?"
Tik rolled his eyes at the thought of Chompoo's father. "If he was to ever come here, he won't be able to return. He hurt my sister, still she's taking all the pain while he sits comfortably in his million dollar house. After these nine years, I can still see the sorrow in her eyes but she's kept everything from me knowing what I'll do if I find out the man who abandoned her and Chompoo. Because of my sister, I won't search for him."
"How do you feel about that?"
"You're being quiet nosy."
Aff frowned. "I'm sorry for intruding, its just that...I wish I could help her...
"Mam left those memories back in Bangkok. Even I can't do anything. And you...you should worry about yourself first.
"You...you will never understand about helping someone else!"
"Sure I do! I love helping people, its just people like you that I don't enjoy helping.
"Then you should have left me at the train station, why come after me?"
"....I wouldn't have if I didn't consider Mam and Chompoo's feelings."
"And you...you never thought of coming because you wanted to?"
"No." he lied. "Chompoo and Mam, I can't afford to break their hearts, Mam is my sister but most of the time, she acts like my own mother." Tik cleared his thought. "So....are you planning to stay for a while?"
Aff nodded. "I guess, I need it."
"So...what do you think about-"
"You don't need to ask, I'll help with the theater house, just tell me what I have to do."
Tik's face lit up. "Really? You'll do it?"

neena

sarNie Adult
"Look look, its Aff the actress from the lakorn we were watching a while ago. "PRESENTED BY POLDEE'S THEATER HOUSE" it says." said a village girl to her friend.
"OMG, it is...she's in our town?"
"We have to go see her, I loved her in that lakorn...you have a pen? I want to write down the date."
They were reading one of the posters Tik had posted the night before.

For the last few weeks, Tik and Aff worked together like a team to get everything ready for Aff's appearance at the theater house. Posting out posters was the only way to inform everyone and so they painted together, fought each other, and encouraged each other to make the best not for them but for the theater house. Everyday, they learned to smile with one another and the fights lessen. JULY 20 was Aff's debut at the theater house. The news reporter in their town heard about Aff being in town so they asked to interview Aff in front of the town.

ON THE BIG DAY, Aff woke up extra early, the sun hasn't come out yet but she felt her stomach turn at the thought of facing a huge crowd and being interviewed by the local press. She hasn't faced the press in such a long time, its was making her feel very nervous. Aff stood out on Mam's porch, she put her palms together, praying.
"Please don't make me this nervous when I'm in front of that crowd today...or I'll-"
"You'll what?"
He sat up. "I got home late and decided to sleep out here. I couldn't sleep anyway."
Aff stared at Tik.
"Thinking too much about this evening? Don't worry, you'll do fine. I have faith in you....so does Chompoo."