Lakorn Similarities

Okay, so I just began watching Pan Rak Pan Rai starring Charebelle, Toomtam the Star 7 and Singto the Star 5 and I promise you, it's VERY SIMILAR TO Ngao Rak Luang Jai starring Mint N, Mark Prin, and Nadech. So far, Pan Rak Pan Rai is good and I loved Ngao Rak Luang Jai but I can't help but to realize the similarities.

- nang'ek is conceived by an affair (her mother was rich and her father is apparently of lower class)
- nang'ek becomes an orphan
-nang'ek and nang'rai are both orphans who are housed in the same orphanage
-nang'ek has her mother's family trademark necklace
-nang'ek is close with the "other pra'ek"
-"the other pra'ek" is handicapped: Nadech couldn't walk and Singto is blind o_o
- pra'ek and his father own the land on which nang'ek's orphanage is located
-pra'ek's father wants the land back to build a resort
-pra'ek forces nang'ek to marry him to keep the land
-nang'rai ends up with the trademark necklace and becomes takes nang'ek's place as the long lost heiress of the wealthy family and is reunited with "her mother"

Other than this lakorn, I also think Tae Pang Korn and Roy Mai are similar (I saw a thread on that earlier). What do you guys think?

waverly_xiong

sarNie Egg
Yes, I was thinking about NRLJ too when I was watching PRPR. It's just the same storyline being recycled, but that's also with all lakorns now days.

teasingonly555

sarNie Egg
omg! u sure ur not my sis? lmao, i know ur not, but really she had the same exact thoughts!!! we discussed everything you pointed out, every single point. i haven't seen NRLJ, but she did. i read the long boring full summary of PRPR at manager so i knew the whole storyline, so i was explaining the story and she was comparing and we came to those same conclusions. they are very very very alike. bits and parts of lakorns are so familiar, but you can say that to always every country's filmology, but these two are hitting it on too close. 

teasingonly555 said:
omg! u sure ur not my sis? lmao, i know ur not, but really she had the same exact thoughts!!! we discussed everything you pointed out, every single point. i haven't seen NRLJ, but she did. i read the long boring full summary of PRPR at manager so i knew the whole storyline, so i was explaining the story and she was comparing and we came to those same conclusions. they are very very very alike. bits and parts of lakorns are so familiar, but you can say that to always every country's filmology, but these two are hitting it on too close. 

LMAO! Probably not because my sister isn't watching Pan Rai Pan Rak. Ahahaha! But hey, are you sure you're not mine?! Because we both LOVE BIE!

teasingonly555

sarNie Egg
thatsouthernasianchick said:
LMAO! Probably not because my sister isn't watching Pan Rai Pan Rak. Ahahaha! But hey, are you sure you're not mine?! Because we both LOVE BIE!
hahaha, i don't know why i'm having so much fun reading ur reply. love bie too and love it when i connect with a stranger. AF sisters man!

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
LOL, everyone here are like siblings guys. I noticed it too while watching the teaser and i even posted on the pan ruk pan rai threa that it's the ch 5 version of NRLJ. Haha, and i love Bie too. :)

teasingonly555 said:
hahaha, i don't know why i'm having so much fun reading ur reply. love bie too and love it when i connect with a stranger. AF sisters man!

^What you said! Lol!^

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
I was also thinking about Ngao Rak Luang Jai too, while I am watching Pan Rai Pan Rak. It's so similar haha

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I thought Wang Waree (Tik J. & Nat M.) and Qi Pao (Smart K. & Anne T.) were similar. 

-Nang'ek stays with pra'eks family to find murderer.
-Nang'ek is a chatterbox and always curious/nosy.
-Pra'ek has a mysterious look. HAHA.
-Pra'ek was the prime suspect of nang'ek.
-Murderer is pra'eks close relative.
-Pra'ek has a crazy sister (in QP she was his step). HAHA.
-Pra'ek has a lover who passed away.
-Pra'nang falls in love despite all the things that happen.

That's about what I've found. The storyline is different, but the plot's pretty much the same: nang'ek trying to find killer, etc. I like Wang Waree more. Haha.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Asy said:
Did you like Wang Waree, phatman?

I just finished it for the 100th time haha. Without any subs, kudos to me haha. Yes I love it. It's one of my favorite Tik lakorns. I really like how every thing built up and ended. Tik and Nat were great in there as well as the whole cast. I would totally recommend it. 

Reactions: Asy

fun

Expired Sarnie
Oh Nat was so annoying I wanted to choke her LOL maybe that is why I dislike Qi Pao so much HAHA at least for WW, it actually runs smoothly from beginning to end.

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
thatsouthernasianchick said:
Okay, so I just began watching Pan Rak Pan Rai starring Charebelle, Toomtam the Star 7 and Singto the Star 5 and I promise you, it's VERY SIMILAR TO Ngao Rak Luang Jai starring Mint N, Mark Prin, and Nadech. So far, Pan Rak Pan Rai is good and I loved Ngao Rak Luang Jai but I can't help but to realize the similarities.

- nang'ek is conceived by an affair (her mother was rich and her father is apparently of lower class)
- nang'ek becomes an orphan
-nang'ek and nang'rai are both orphans who are housed in the same orphanage
-nang'ek has her mother's family trademark necklace
-nang'ek is close with the "other pra'ek"
-"the other pra'ek" is handicapped: Nadech couldn't walk and Singto is blind o_o
- pra'ek and his father own the land on which nang'ek's orphanage is located
-pra'ek's father wants the land back to build a resort
-pra'ek forces nang'ek to marry him to keep the land
-nang'rai ends up with the trademark necklace and becomes takes nang'ek's place as the long lost heiress of the wealthy family and is reunited with "her mother"

Other than this lakorn, I also think Tae Pang Korn and Roy Mai are similar (I saw a thread on that earlier). What do you guys think?

WOW!! This is interesting. Lol I have not heard of Pan Rak Pan Rai but since I LOVE NRLJ so much Im going to check out this version!!!! :p

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
Oh Nat was so annoying I wanted to choke her LOL maybe that is why I dislike Qi Pao so much HAHA at least for WW, it actually runs smoothly from beginning to end.

Both Anne and Nat were annoying in their respective lakorns haha, well their roles. And yes, WW is much better.

@phatman- Wow...I never thought of that. Maybe because when I watched Wang Waree, I was really little so I don't remember a lot of details but now that you stated it, I think it is quite similar.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Sai Rung (Johnny A. & Anne T.) and Yah Leum Chun (Pete P. & Ann S.) are similar in some ways. I actually got confused with the story line waiting for Anne and Tik's YLC to come out. HAHA. I haven't seen either, but just by reading the story line I can see similarities already.

- Story revolves around pra'eks heartbreak and revenge on nang'ek.
- Pra'ek gives nang'ek a promise item (however you call it???) that is flower-related. 
- Pra'nang loves eachother at first, but separates for a while due to some issues and meet again as successful adults.
- Nang'eks love stays true, yet pra'ek questions it.
- Pra'ek is cold towards nang'ek.

This is what I've got from reading the story line. They're pretty much the same plot except with a major different story line. Haha.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Rang Naao (Sam and Mint A) and Plerng Boon (Nok and Anne)

P'ek and n'ek are married.
An ex gets in between them.
N'rai has a kid with p'ek

Jam Luey Rak, Lhong Ngao Jun, Phu Pha Prae Mai (most overused storylines ever)

P'ek mistakens n'ek for n'rai.
N'ek will do anything to protect n'rai because they are related to each other.
P'ek attempts to rape n'ek.
P'ek kidnaps n'ek.