Laos Temple

Rakniran

where is the biggest lao temple in America at? I know is not in Viriginia cuz I went there and is not that huge at all.

Leila

sarNie Juvenile
I thougt that the biggest one is in Virgina, because when I went it was ginormous!! LOL! Well, I go "thuk baht." In fact I am going this Sunday, I like to go, especially for Lao New Year.

noiki

sarNie Hatchling
I dont have that much time to go but I usually go on the big events like new year or buddhist lent. I do it more often now because my grandparents passed away.

Vanida

Save World Save Life
Rakniran said:
where is the biggest lao temple in America at? I know is not in Viriginia cuz I went there and is not that huge at all.
[post="3901"][/post]​
yea i heard in Viriginia that's where the biggest temple is.. it's fun going there & being with familes & friends & eating the delicious food

Rakniran

Viriginia lao temple is not that big at all..is very small,but their land are huge though..is just an empty land..I thought u guys were talking about the temple.. yeah,temple in Viriginia have alot of empty land.is like country over there..

Temple is small,but their area of lands is huge....I went to the one in TN too and i thought TN lao temple was bigger then Viriginia. I mean by big is the building not land..They have more then one building in TN,while theres only one in Viriginia with huge empty land..But TN have a very small empty land compare to Viriginia..

Is there one in CA?
I know that theres a huge Thai temple in CA.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
yeah, like everyone else, i can't often make it to the temple although i do always feel better/enjoyment when i thuck baht (sometimes because of the food there too...lol...jk).

and sadly, when i go, it's only during special events because i live too far from the temple.

also, in terms of the biggest temple, i haven't seen virginia's yet, but i have seen the one in TN...and that one was pretty big. :D

missjoy

sarNie Elites
I believe the one in Viginia is considered the biggest Lao temple because it is situated in a lot of acres of land. As far as which temple itself is the biggest, I am not sure. I could be the one in San Diego.

Vanida

Save World Save Life
missjoy said:
I believe the one in Viginia is considered the biggest Lao temple because it is situated in a lot of acres of land. As far as which temple itself is the biggest, I am not sure. I could be the one in San Diego.
[post="4955"][/post]​
yea Viriginia have the most beautiful temples there man i really want to go there for Laos New Year and some other festival going to be a blast!!!!!! :D

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
The temple that I go to, there is always a "tak baht" almost every week or every two weeks. I also go "tak baht" and after that I stay and help wash the dishes before I head home about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. My family goes to the temple all the time, my parents are always there on the weekdays as well as the weekends. This is every week.

Vanida

Save World Save Life
Jane said:
The temple that I go to, there is always a "tak baht" almost every week or every two weeks. I also go "tak baht" and after that I stay and help wash the dishes before I head home about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. My family goes to the temple all the time, my parents are always there on the weekdays as well as the weekends. This is every week.
[post="16463"][/post]​
me to i like going tak baht :) its just feel good to donate food and snacks to buddha and they get it back :lol: no thats not nice

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
I love to tuk bot, but lately I just lost all interest in the America temple because of the way the monks in the temple portate theirself to society.... I mean if the person who's suppose to be the teacher of the religion acting the way they're acting now... Then why go or respect that place.. I don't mean I don't respect the religion because I'm still full buddist it's just certain places and people that i don't show respect to and their actions....

untouchable

sarNie Egg
i agree. i don't mind going but don't even go as much anymore. in some ways, i think the monks are changing with society and i feel that they have lost the traditional teachings. i even feel that some of them are a little corrupt and have lost a lot of the old ways and using their position to get them wherever they are going.

Rakniran

Just a question.
Have this ever happen to any of you girls. When u go to the lao temple. Have a monk ever try to flirt wit you? Look at you in a way that he want u? Hahahahaha...just wondering if,it have ever happen to any of u girls.

oh plus this one.
I 'm not going to be a monk anymore in
one week..would you like to go out with me like to a dinner or movie?

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
lol...i'm sorry guys....especially if the monks are FLIRTING with you! the monks at the temple that i TRY to attend are really cool. they are funny, and teach you how to be good in a fun way....don't know how to explain. they are just funny. ha...i feel like i'm being tricked into being good. LOL...jk

one of them, "ahjohn nga" (the funniest monk), he has a bunch of chinese series that he records for me to watch, because my family and relatives are so devoted to the temple. LOL it's hilarious because he's a monk, but he has all these chinese movies. but he's also a very good monk.

haha...i'm not trying to make him sound bad or anything...he actually helps the temple make money in a round-about way. he doesn't sell the movies...he gives it out, but people "cane ngern" to him....so it's like selling...hahahaha. :lol:

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
There are about 4 temple where I live... But each are very smalll and don't get along... Not the monk the people that goes to the temple....There going to be one more temple that's right now unconstruction in Milwaukee... Well be the first and biggest temple here........

Keomany

Music.heal.All
Vanida said:
who like to go "tock baht"? Anyone went to the biggest temple in America?
[post="2536"][/post]​
i soo love to tock baht ...every chance i get

missjoy said:
[post="4955"][/post]​
really i want to go visit there