Lying to Children About Santa Claus

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
How's everyone Christmas?

I spent time with my bf's family from Canada because my families are all in Thailand. We went to midnight mass. Had buche de noel with hot chocolate and eggnog afterwards. Today I made breakfast, kids opened their presents (from Santa lol). We have some friends over currently and his sister is cooking their traditional Christmas dinner. We'll be opening presents later and just chill.

Merry Christmas or happy holidays everyone :).

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Merry Christmas to everyone....

Christmas is raining here...but love it. Hubby made an easy lunch but didn't do much for the rest of the day. He's under the weather and we kind of lazy ourselves and bummed out. Dinner was Pho lol. We did drove in the rain just to find a restaurant open :)

Other than that we joke around, laugh about silly things and lay in bed doing nothing with the kids. But it's by far one of my favorite Christmas because we as a family were together enjoying each other's company.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I thought about this thread today when husband was telling me about a friend of his who is still in debt from 3-4 Christmas's ago (Borrowed money, took out loans to buy his kids laptops and new phones), The next year he did the same thing (basically for 3-4 straight years now), and He had to buy them new laptops and phones this/last year when the ones from 3-4 years ago hasn't even been paid off yet. It's sad that his children are teenagers and they should be able to understand NO and we don't have money at this point, but they don't seem to care. 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
You know in that type of case, I don't blame the kids because he raised them to be entitled. It seems like he got them used to having everything. It kinda isn't wrong because I understand that as a parent you would want to give them everything but you gotta teach them that material aren't life's ultimate goal AND You got to teach yourself that parenting isn't about giving them everything.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I honestly always find it weird when parents just buy their kids expensive stuff lol. My youngest sister she is 13, and she has had a total of 3 laptops in her life, but my parents didn't just buy it for her. She did chores, my parents rewarded her with cash for getting Straight A's, birthday money, and etc. She saved all of that up and bought those 3 laptops herself. Her latest one was kind of expensive, but my parents knew she knew the value of money so they decided together to buy it for her. She offered to give them the money she had saved up for it, but they told her to keep it and save it. You know what she did? She told my other sister to take her to a bank and open a savings account. I find that if parents raise their children to know the value of a dollar then the kid will learn on their own what they should and shouldn't expect. 

For the person husband was telling me about, his family is on all kinds of public assistance and their rent is only 300 a month because of government voucher, but yet they are still in massive debt. People need to live within their means >.>.