[Mainland] Heavy Sweetness Ash Like Frost

sarN

sarNie Granny
we opposite then lol , i couldn't get into Chinese modern ( only a few i like but most of the time i stick to ancient china setting ) . The drama started off funnie & light hearted but now its starting to get dark and melodramatic , surprisingly i don't mind the sad romance , the torture characters with their flaw and suffering . it's pretty cool, those enchanting scene on heaven felt like they shooting an MV :risas3:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't mind the fantasy drama itself just that some people look better in modern drama, like the guy in this drama. Just like ZZH look better in fantasy drama but he doesn't pull me in with modern ones. I tried to watch him in Demon girls and another one but couldn't get into him while still missed Duke Qin lol

sarN

sarNie Granny
i completely understand, just how I felt about Ariel Lin , i like her modern drama It start with a Kiss but when she in ancients type drama , i couldn't focus nor did i finish any of her work since.

moonsilk

sarNie Egg
i was so excited one of my fave c-novels gets fleshed out but was a bit disappointed how the adaptation panned out. the casts' acting were all superb! was just a bit iffy with a lot of extra scenes from Run Yu + the demon princess x night guard. Missing the one true pair screen time. Also, they changed Xu Feng's characteristic! He's supposed to be the "god of war" but in the drama, they made him a lovesick romantic.

Nevertheless, I was happy it got adapted but yup, didn't live up to my expectation.

sarN

sarNie Granny
i was so excited one of my fave c-novels gets fleshed out but was a bit disappointed how the adaptation panned out. the casts' acting were all superb! was just a bit iffy with a lot of extra scenes from Run Yu + the demon princess x night guard. Missing the one true pair screen time. Also, they changed Xu Feng's characteristic! He's supposed to be the "god of war" but in the drama, they made him a lovesick romantic.

Nevertheless, I was happy it got adapted but yup, didn't live up to my expectation.

well, since the novel was written in Jin Mi 's point of view, we can interpret it in many different ways. In the beginning, i thought Xu Feng is too overbearing, aggressive & a big bully LOL and I do felt their first time was forced upon her ... :risas3:but the author wrote she was seduced by his passionate warm and kisses , therefore it turn out to be consensual because her curiosity got the best of her and became responsive as well :p , he did became lovesick after her death tho . They make Night's character soo sadddddddd , it hard to dislike him lol poor dude .

sarN

sarNie Granny
im deeply and utterly in love with this drama, prollly on a borderline of obsession, good lord , they throw me a few skinship and i became a willingly prisoner LOL

Last edited:

Mz_Em

sarNie Juvenile
I know! As an extreme novel fan, I was fine until the OTP scenes literally dissappeared after eps 37 (SORRY, this may be an exaggeration but I am emotional about this as I am writing, lol)...only now could I start focusing in on the drama again, Huh, sadly I think we will only get maybe 5-8 episodes dedicated back to OTP togetherness, here's hoping! Yes, possibly I set up my expectations too high, that's my fault...lol. But overall it is better than no adaptation of my fave cnovel. Heavy Sweetness could have toppled Ten Miles but unfortunately the train that started off as of let's follow the novel exactly skidded off the rails...But my opinions may change once all Eng subs are completed and I will have a better understanding of the dialogues and will re-watch each episodes, if anything use my FF button and continue to obsess over the chemistry of the two leads, nicely performed by the actor/actress. At present I have the novel to fall back on to nurse my woes of the dissappointment of some extreme filler episodes of the drama. At the end of the day, the epilogues spoilers floating around is the real reason I haven't abandoned this drama adaptation. I need my HEA!!! Including myself, I know that the hype and word of mouth of this novel was emphasized by us fans ( I spread it at evry forum I am on!)| and how the popularity of the drama boomed with more viewership because of the devout novel fans, so again almost a bit of a slap in the face when the drama consistently deviated from the novel in the middle but hey I will still foolishly smile happily with love and devotion once Silly Jin Mi, and the mercurial Phoenix gets their HEA...Finally, cannot wait. Then the withdrawl symptoms when the drama ends kicks in, this endless cycle of an obsessed fan! 55555!

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
the extra filler in episode is a bit annoying at time but its a must to make 60 episodes right ? LOL. But its all cool. I still enjoy the show , i honestly love the changes in the drama and i LOVE this Jin Mi better than the novel .

sarN

sarNie Granny
i didnt mind the change from the novel , i didn't mind the extra love story about the demon princess and her poison bodyguard just to drag for more eps , i didn't mind the heart breaking & remorseful scene jin mi goes thur , i didn't mind the peacock girl is over the moon to have Phoenix emotional and physically hurt Jin Mi . Shoot, the whole depressing scene between OTP can be film like a music video , just to make us viewers cough out blood while clinging to our poor beaten heart, i still wouldn't mind ! BUT...im mad...seriously upset that they took out the second bed scene :risas3: , Jin Mi & Phoenix was suppose to roll around in bed at the demon world , rat. thats my complaint. the skinship was deprive from me lol

Mz_Em

sarNie Juvenile
i didnt mind the change from the novel , i didn't mind the extra love story about the demon princess and her poison bodyguard just to drag for more eps , i didn't mind the heart breaking & remorseful scene jin mi goes thur , i didn't mind the peacock girl is over the moon to have Phoenix emotional and physically hurt Jin Mi . Shoot, the whole depressing scene between OTP can be film like a music video , just to make us viewers cough out blood while clinging to our poor beaten heart, i still wouldn't mind ! BUT...im mad...seriously upset that they took out the second bed scene :risas3: , Jin Mi & Phoenix was suppose to roll around in bed at the demon world , rat. thats my complaint. the skinship was deprive from me lol
Yeah me TOO!!! It was slowly redeeming itself but then no cultivation....that was the most excruciating thing to read. Despite her guilt of knowing her lover killed her father, she still willing to give him her all and only to realize it was because he was "lusting" after another woman and using her body. That was the last straw for her begging and redemption. It was so devastating to read! As long as they don't turn the ending to sad or open ending. Then ok. I know overall despite its imperfections. It is still my fave drama and novel adaptation. If I don't like a scene good thing for FF button. Lol. But you know how they can redeem the missing cultivation, have the baby making scenes in the epilogue at the ending hahaha

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Yeah me TOO!!! It was slowly redeeming itself but then no cultivation....that was the most excruciating thing to read. Despite her guilt of knowing her liver killed her father, she still willing to give him her all and only to realize it was because he was "lusting" after another woman and using her body. That was the last straw for her begging and redemption. It was so devastating to read! As long as they don't turn the ending to sad or open ending. Then ok. I know overall despite its imperfections. It is still my fave drama and novel adaptation. If I don't like a scene good thing for FF button. Lol.
Don't worry its a happy ending just how the novel end :icon12: . I KNOWWWWWW , why they take out that scene ...but i kind of understand why tho , its prolly too exrotic to air on tv :risas3: because Jin Mi ran out of the demon room bearly dress , she was devastated , trembling , tear clouded her eye to even see if she properly put her clothes LOL>>>> Rat. I wanted to see that scene .

Mz_Em

sarNie Juvenile
I camp out at Soompi and sources stated that the 2nd cultivation scene was filmed but cut out from final production. SOB....lol.
Don't worry its a happy ending just how the novel end :icon12: . I KNOWWWWWW , why they take out that scene ...but i kind of understand why tho , its prolly too exrotic to air on tv :risas3: because Jin Mi ran out of the demon room bearly dress , she was devastated , trembling , tear clouded her eye to even see if she properly put her clothes LOL>>>> Rat. I wanted to see that scene .

sarN

sarNie Granny
im not surprise b/c it happen before to lots if tv drama , good example was Jounary to Flower , there was a good 5min make out session that was cut out LOL . I do hope the cut clip get leak out tho , such a waste !!

tweedaly

sarNie Rebel
I finally finished this drama. Although I felt the ending was rushed it was still really good. The cast did a great job delivering their roles. I need more Jin Mi and Phoenix.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Oh my heart :icon12: *sigh* it was tragically a beautiful drama . Why can't they have more romances scene together? Their heartache scene lasted nearly 20 eps LOL smh, I need to write tv drama, I will give fan diabetes of sweet scene .