Mu Nian Ci

Guo Fu

Mei Chaofeng

Other Photos:

mia07

Introvert
Gosh, no...
I hope this turns out good.
I still love and sometimes re-watch the late 80s version with Andy Lau and Idy Chan. Cutest Yang Guo, though, in my honest opinion, has to be Louis Koo.

hsdsfan

sarNie Hatchling
Lol! I thought nothing could be as bad as the Richie Ren version where XLN was dressed in black but this one seems very unappealing. The least they could do is show some respect to Jin Yong by not make so many drastic changes to the original story. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
haha i forgot that this is being remake lol

michelle is not ugly but she just doesnt fit xln. i have read and heard about the complaint lol i guess i am also riding along in the same boat as cnetizen. the prettiest xln has to be crystal altho she isnt that great of an actress.

mia07

Introvert
Michelle is actually cute but she looks better in modern series/movies. YZ ruined Swordsman so I'm surprise he is allowed to ruin this one, too. I heard YZ and JY are good buddies? :$ I like Carmen as XLN; she was plain and simple yet was able to retain the beauty. Have not seen Andy's version and saw bits of Crystal version.

fun

Expired Sarnie
i also lime carmen. she has that cold unsocial appearance.

mia07

Introvert
She looks better with her hair down like this... and Chen Xiao looks a tad better as the older Yang Guo.

AsianFemale

Mrs. Kim Junsu
The main girl is not likeable. Sorry fans lol. I will have to skip this one. the girl wearing blue/purple probably fits the role of xln better! please no more remake if theyre just going to pick some thing like Michelle...

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
Wah, they shoulda made the Li Mo cho here be the  XLN instead...hahahahaa lol Chen Xiao is hott but hmm...somehow to me he doesn't fit the role of Yang Guo...I don't know....lol maybe just me but yea...hahaha too much remakes, I think the best is Louis Koo and Carmen Lee's version. XD I like Crystal as XLN too but Huang Xiao Ming kinda killed that version for me....XD  WOW...the Guo Fu in Crystal's is way prettier than this one's no offense, but she is kinda cute....this looks like it's going to be another bad remake....but let's give it a try...XD 

They better not mess up my two favorite characters.....Chen Ying & Lu Wu Shuang...

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I've been out of everything... and they all are newfaces to me... but I think the lady playing Li Mou Cho looks quite pretty :)

As much as I like the storyline to this drama... it's enough.. I can't watch it being remade forever and ever.  It's like they don't even wait for a decade to pass before remaking it....  Same thing for Demi-Gods with Wallace.. <--- and I recently read that it got canceled too due to poor ratings!  (Sorry Wallace, I'm sticking with your modern drama with Janine for now :p)

I gave up watching the remake ones after HXM & LYF's version.. (which that version left me in great satisfaction).. please.. just stop it... boohoo.  I want a fresh wuxia/jianghu drama... 

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
aikoden said:
I've been out of everything... and they all are newfaces to me... but I think the lady playing Li Mou Cho looks quite pretty :)

As much as I like the storyline to this drama... it's enough.. I can't watch it being remade forever and ever.  It's like they don't even wait for a decade to pass before remaking it....  Same thing for Demi-Gods with Wallace.. <--- and I recently read that it got canceled too due to poor ratings!  (Sorry Wallace, I'm sticking with your modern drama with Janine for now :p)

I gave up watching the remake ones after HXM & LYF's version.. (which that version left me in great satisfaction).. please.. just stop it... boohoo.  I want a fresh wuxia/jianghu drama... 
hahaha I just saw a poster of the Demi-Gods one...it looked kinda horrible and the cast...they got Alec Su playing as Wu Ya Zi and Alyssa chia as Li chiu Si....lolxD but gotta agree, that's what made me skip over C-wuxia series in the past cause too much remakes...

val

sarNie Adult
R they running out of ideas for wuxia series that all they can do is remake?

fun

Expired Sarnie
Here is the trailer. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_dxSoFQrxA

Um... I would think that Michelle will look better on screen than in still picture but OMG am I wrong. Michelle does not look attractive in costume especially as XLN who is consider to be slender and icy cold beautiful. I hope she this will be her last costume drama. And why so much CG effect... I guess that the the trend lately.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Can I cry?  I'm hurt.... *criesinacorner*  What is this?????

I thought Michelle looked ok in the pictures... but now seeing her in the trailer.. I don't know.. She doesn't give off that XLN feeling... eeeeek!  A bit bland looking tooo...... I'm skipping.

cecilia

Staff member
I'm skipping it too -- best YG for me is LOUIS KOO and Carmen will always remains the best XLN for me as well; even though, I like Liu Yifei (Crystal) a lot more.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Yu Zheng should be forbidden to produce and screen write lol I heard Swordsman was so bad, they didnt even finish airing it. His Palace serie was all bad. He plagarized Bu Bu Jing Xin in which he claims it was just a coincident that a female in modern time time travel to the same time period. sure that they was a drastic difference but honestly he did that so he wont be charged with plagiarism. the author who wrote the plum series and the princess pearl saga is filing for plagiarism and i hope she wins.

mia07

Introvert
I liked his Schemes of A Beauty with Ruby Lin and Sammul Chan so idk what happened to him after that lol

hazelsky

sarNie Hatchling
I love Chen Xiao, but I'm still debating if I should give this a try. I might tune in for the moments when my YingXiao couple is on LOL
My favorite ROCH version is the one with Louis Koo and Carmen Lee, though Crystal (to me) was the most beautiful XLN.

The only drama I ever liked from Yu Zheng was Legend of Lu Zhen aka Female Prime Minister.
The storyline had flaws, but Chen Xiao and Zhao Li Ying had amazing chemistry.