Marrying Young

lol so funny sarath.... omg nong tina got married.... ahem i didn't get an invite.... but congrats nong... so young.... but the whole young married thing i think from my p.o.v from seeing my friends... they all got married after graduation to their highschool boyfriends... so in my mind they got married with those guys cause in their mind those guys were the one cause they've been dating since freshman year and what not.... but then again i don't think married should be age based... cause u hear all the time of celebs running off getting married who are in their late 20's.... i guess to decide whether or not ur ready for a marriage is the maturity and commitment level ur at... i duno.... just trying to pitch in..... my bf of forever had asked me to marry him and i think i'm way too young even though i'm hecka old...lol.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
lol p'malee u are not old.. yeah so young, but what can I do? Lol I already made the decision and I don't regret it... I've learned alot so far for the last few months and lol responsibilities is one of them and LOTS of it.... alot of things about has changed I guess.. many of the things I did a few months ago .. I would never do now.. many of the dumb things I cried, complain, and whined about I would not do now.. I've also learned to be more tolerant... I guess I've somewhat grew up, but at the same time I still do have that kid inside me =p

NANG

sarNie Egg
LOL I guess I'm guilty? hahaha well maybe I'm not exactly 17, but I am quite young I guess? ... LOL but then again.. every situation is different? I am definitely not promoting young marriages, but at the same time I can't say that its all bad otherwise I'd be a hypocrite... because me and the hubby are fairly young we're a year apart... although we are young we are pretty mature and we realized the consequences as well as the good of our decision. we both work I still go to school. He is still trying to get to use to life in texas and use to the area before he picks a school to go back to, but indefinitely he is.. so I'm guessing its based on the peoples maturity level also... we haven't exactly dated for 5 years, but we talked about and we've cleared things up on what we'll lose as well as gain with our decision.. everything's been fine =] .... a year ago when someone told me I'd marry at this age I would have been like whatever you're crazy and stupid, but eh now LOL lookie me.... and I guess a lot of people are like "it's lust you two will regret it" well those people makes me want to slap them .. I mean sure I understand where they are coming from when they see our age, but at the same time they have to realize not everyone is the same? It's hard to believe but people my age do have our own type of maturity level. Sure it may not seem like it, but it is. yeah I am still very much focused on school .. I'm working .. I maintain my family time as much as I do school and work.. I'm doing fine in school.. so I guess I'm one of those few young marriages that work out ok? My hubby supports me in school and even helps me out. When he has the time he picks up my stuff and read over it for his knowledge also. So I'm not gonna say I don't like how things are because I Love them...

and oh yeah sarNies I'm married haha lol
I AGREE WITH KOONxNOUxWANxJAIx ON PEOPLE AT CERTAIN AGE HAS THEIR TYPE OF MATURITY LEVEL. I'M ALSO ONE OF THE YOUNG MARRIAGE. BEEN TOGETHER FOR 14 YRS NOW. IM A HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE GRADUATE TOO.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
LOL I guess I'm guilty? hahaha well maybe I'm not exactly 17, but I am quite young I guess? ... LOL but then again.. every situation is different? I am definitely not promoting young marriages, but at the same time I can't say that its all bad otherwise I'd be a hypocrite... because me and the hubby are fairly young we're a year apart... although we are young we are pretty mature and we realized the consequences as well as the good of our decision. we both work I still go to school. He is still trying to get to use to life in texas and use to the area before he picks a school to go back to, but indefinitely he is.. so I'm guessing its based on the peoples maturity level also... we haven't exactly dated for 5 years, but we talked about and we've cleared things up on what we'll lose as well as gain with our decision.. everything's been fine =] .... a year ago when someone told me I'd marry at this age I would have been like whatever you're crazy and stupid, but eh now LOL lookie me.... and I guess a lot of people are like "it's lust you two will regret it" well those people makes me want to slap them .. I mean sure I understand where they are coming from when they see our age, but at the same time they have to realize not everyone is the same? It's hard to believe but people my age do have our own type of maturity level. Sure it may not seem like it, but it is. yeah I am still very much focused on school .. I'm working .. I maintain my family time as much as I do school and work.. I'm doing fine in school.. so I guess I'm one of those few young marriages that work out ok? My hubby supports me in school and even helps me out. When he has the time he picks up my stuff and read over it for his knowledge also. So I'm not gonna say I don't like how things are because I Love them...

and oh yeah sarNies I'm married haha lol
Wow...your married...thats koo...you look soo young in your picture on the side...i thought you were like 14 or 15...hahaha...but yeah anywayz wow thats kool though...Im 19 and i want to get married too...well maybe i don't want to..but for some reason i feel like i am ready...but my boifriend isn't ready..he tells meeh all the time...we've known eachother forl ike 4 years now and been dating for 1 and a half...i guess im afraid to lose him thats prolly why i wanna marry him...his parents and I don't get along...see it's like this...their hmong and I'm Mien...supposely the parents want him to be with a hmong girl and im not one...They've told him thousands of times to break up...well his mom at first...but then later on his dad finally said something to him and he did..."HE BROKE UP WITH MEEH" I was soo sad...but then the next day we got bak together...he decided that he wasnt gonna let meeh go because of his parents...since i didn't do anything wrong...! But yeah...iunno...

I guess marring young isn't something that gets too meeh...the thing that gets to meeh most is how kids are having kids...i think it's sooo stupid...i know too many lil girls that are popping out kids...what are they thinking..omg...like most of you say ...there not even out of skool yet...what are they thinking...! Urgggg...my niece is one of them..she's 16 and had a kid...the dad is a total scrub...they both dropped out of high skool...not working...not even the dad..and there both living with my sister...my sister now is karing for the the baby...as well as her own daughter (babys mother) and the babies daddy...as well as the whole family..it's complicated..but it's just sooo annoying..!

yeah u can wait till u 28.. 29.. 30.. or even 40 50 60 70 and 80 ....cuz u can alway go buy a young bug back in homeland . I'm sure they dying to get a green card ...
Hahaha...shoot just recently my cousin who had divorced went to Thailand and brought a girl bak...omg she's only 23 and he's like 40....ewww...Gross thing is also he has kids that are older than his new wife...! Yuck

My sisters bestfriend went to Thailand and married a guy from there too...I'm not sure if he's here yet but she just bought a house for them so yeah...! Werid

A girl from my church married a Chinese guy from China and brought him here.

Another of my sisters friend married a Chinese guy from China too and brought him here.

I know a guy who married a girl for money...i believe she was Chinese as well..i think they said that they were gonna pay him like 5000 or 10000 to marry her for a couple years until she is legal to stay and then they can divorce...

max

sarNie Elites
Speaking of marrying young, my cousin was 14, almost 15 when she got marred. She was pregnant, too. They are doing pretty good, but it is just that it is quite early. I think every situation is different, though.

Speaking of the older people marrying young people... my Uncle is in his mid-40s, and he went to Laos and married a girl that is 18. The "good" thing is that my Uncle was never married, and he did not have kids yet. Now, they do, since it has been about 6 years. For my other Uncle, he is also in his mid-40s, but he has kids. His wife divorced him, so that is why he is single. Anyways, his new wife from Laos is about 17-18, and his children, my cousins, 2 of them are older than her. That is like... gross. I just do not get it. How can you marry someone that is young enough to be your daughter or to be your son's girlfriend. Weirdness...

dfemc

sarNie Adult
yeah to sum it all up, marriage is weirdness.

i like my world the way it is, just fine. i don't understand marriage (at any age, young or old), probably will never understand it, and don't care to understand it.

duongchai

sarNie Hatchling
Just wanted to say that I agree with tina, I had been married at a young age for 9 years now. I never regret being with my hubby nor regret being a housewife for him for 9 years. Our marriage have up and down, but it is all about communication. For those who are marry and felt that they have marriage problem I recommand for u guy to sit down, put all ur difference aside and talk. My sister alway told me that never to go asleep when u are mad or not understand each other because u will never know what will happen tomorrow. What I am trying to say is that life is short and time is very precious so use it wisely. I am not trying to support young marriage, but I just trying to say that u shouldn't blame or get mad at ur decision, but u should just work with it. For those young girls out there I recommand for u to stay in school and work on ur career and Mr. Right will find u.........

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
yahno being married so young isn't all that bad lol.... he washes my clothes, the dishes, cooks, and works while all I have to worry about is going to school lol kidding .. he insists on doing the housework because lol I'm really bad at it haha, but I we have fun doing the house chores together even if it's me watching =x lol... not encouraging anyone to get married young, but eh I can't say it's bad... but on one level you are splitting your life in half because now you have to think about his feelings also ... I guess it's a win lose deal. .. but the thing is before you make a decision like that you need to make sure it's gonna last "love" will not make a marriage last I'll tell you that... just because two people love each other.. doesn't mean they have what it takes to get married... like lot's of young kids these days think "I Love him/her I want to be with them" but then there are many things they don't think about like finances, and other important thing.. we had problems with our car and we had bills to pay.. we were kind of lost, but we over came it ..all on our own without our parents help. thats because we had prepared ourselves and talked about it and what we would do in the given scenario and it all worked out.... so again "LOVE" is not enough to make a marriage last... but then you shouldn't get married if you don't love each other =x marrying someone because they can support you isn't good. it'll mess up in the end =x

Muddie Murda

smile...
Yeah Tina, you have great start on marriage there. I think you've hit a luck pot. lol not many find someone who's willing to help and discuss like your guy. Where's all the photos at w/ you and your guy? :D

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
lol hahah I have many photos of him just not me included I hate taking pics >___O lol ... and yeah I have to admit I am pretty lucky found a great guy =] .... but I'll have some photos of us soon when I am back online haah now a days just to much school and stuffs =x