Memorial Day Weekend Tourney

Mae

sarNie Adult
WHAT? There's gonna be one in Oshkosh too? Isn't Memorial Day always in GB? I know that the Labor Day one has been moved to Oshkosh, but haven't heard about the Memorial Day one. Personally, I'd head to GB for Memorial Day and to Oshkosh for Labor Day. Gosh, these days there are too many tournaments on the same weekend in two different places. What the heck is going on.

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
Yes, there is one also in Oshkosh on the 26th and 27th. But how come GB has two dates? I saw a flyer at the Oriental Store for May 12-13th and 26-27th. I'm so confused! Could someone clarify this?! Buy anyways, I don't think they've moved the GB tournament down here. Oshkosh has always held a pre-summer tournment, but I'm guessing they moved it to memorial weekend.

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
Green Bay have two tourney in May. There are more people for the Memorial Day Weekend in Green Bay. I remembered the one in mid-May was a diaster last year because of the rain.

lovebird_tmi

sarNie Hatchling
my understanding is that the one in OSH is the one that is supported by Lao Veterans--the same ppl that do Labor Day at OSH... the GB one is organized by private citizens (for the same weekend).

onceagain

sarNie Hatchling
my understanding is that the one in OSH is the one that is supported by Lao Veterans--the same ppl that do Labor Day at OSH... the GB one is organized by private citizens (for the same weekend).

So the one's that being held in OSH is that by the same orgainzation that does evey year at GB memorial weekend...but this year that are moving it to OSH instead? And Private citizens decided to do one the this year since the space is open?

Mae

sarNie Adult
That's what happened last year for the Labor Day tournament. Lao Veteran permanently moved it to Oshkosh, but some GB citizens still decided to hold one up in GB anyways, that's why everything got so screwed up. Technically, it's always been in Green Bay at Brown County arena so I preferred it to be there, but whatever the case is I still think there should only be one by the Lao Veteran wherever they move it to. It gets too confusing and people split up going to different ones meaning less booths at one place. I just wanna see people at just one tournament.... Anyways, I'm going to the ones sponsored by Lao Veteran.

lovebird_tmi

sarNie Hatchling
That's what happened last year for the Labor Day tournament. Lao Veteran permanently moved it to Oshkosh, but some GB citizens still decided to hold one up in GB anyways, that's why everything got so screwed up. Technically, it's always been in Green Bay at Brown County arena so I preferred it to be there, but whatever the case is I still think there should only be one by the Lao Veteran wherever they move it to. It gets too confusing and people split up going to different ones meaning less booths at one place. I just wanna see people at just one tournament.... Anyways, I'm going to the ones sponsored by Lao Veteran.

actually, years ago, the Lao Veterans held the tourney for Labor Day in Oshkosh at Winnebago County Park, then for a few years it was in Appleton at Memorial Park, then they moved it to GB at Brown County Fairgrounds... and now it's been moved back to Oshkosh. So it's hasn't always been at one place.. it's always been moved around, i can only assume based on the fees for the different parks.

i'm going to OSH too! Lao Veterans supporter right here!! :)