Minneapolis police: A mistake, an apology and then medals

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
The awards was for bravery or something because they were fired upon first ... 3 of the officers got hit but good thing their protective vest and helmet stop the bullets from injuring them. I guess they was lucky and that hmong man and his family was lucky when they fired back and didn't hit anyone in the house ... I know its was the police fault for not checking up on the house to see if its the correct one when they got the search warrant but that hmong man shouldn't fired at them when they try to enter the house ... I believe in this situation its both parties fault (the mpls police and that hmong man) ...

anyways ... yea .. that award medals wasn't necessaries at all.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
^^The hmong man has the right to bear arms.. those men were invading his home!! The hmong man thought he was getting robbed; he was trying to protect his family, for God's sake. It wasn't his fault whatesoever.. the police officers made an error that could have caused innocent lives. And if you are going to protect and serve, I don't think there should be errors like these. Their medals need to be burned!!

nothinghill

sarNie Egg
^^The hmong man has the right to bear arms.. those men were invading his home!! The hmong man thought he was getting robbed; he was trying to protect his family, for God's sake. It wasn't his fault whatesoever.. the police officers made an error that could have caused innocent lives. And if you are going to protect and serve, I don't think there should be errors like these. Their medals need to be burned!!

I'M WITH YOU ON THAT, LADYOFDARKNESS. NOW, THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THE FAMILY SUING THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.... ANY UPDATES ON THAT?

pclkck

sarNie Egg
this is just so outrageous. Of course this is racial profiling....and the worst part.....they are rewarded. i've never heard of police getting reward for just getting shot at. Police get shot at all the time.

The only time i heard of them getting awards is when they are actually shot, or was doing to protect an individual, in this case neither happened. Nothing happened to them gosh....its obvious what is happening here.

EternalSunshine

sarNie Hatchling
Hey, those are my relatives. Supposedly from what my parents have told me, they got compensated by getting their house remodeled, an apology, and provided therapy or whatever. This was a huge issue though. My cousins were traumatized by this, especially all the kids in the house. Their informant either gave them the wrong address or the police was just stupid and did not do their research. He was trying to protect his family so that is why he shot at them because he thought people were trying to break into his house. The shooting stopped after one of the kids realized that it was the police. So my family was angry that someone could have gotten killed. So yeah, this was some crazy incident that should never have happened and I didn't know about the police getting medals. That's just crazy.