[Movie] Beauty & The Beast

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I should go watch this, I kinda wish they made this to an updated animation instead though. i'm excited for mulan!

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I can't believe they're remaking The Lion King! It is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies and will be directed by John Favreau, the guy who directed the remake of The Jungle Book :thumbup: :cheer: No release date yet though.

Last edited:

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I'm not even that big a fan of B&B but it was a good non-stressful movie. Emma really is the perfect Belle.

I want to be excited for Mulan but I have to see the cast first. It's going to be such a huge challenge. I saw the casting call put out by Disney and they're like 18-20 year olds to play 18 yr old Mulan. Have they actually seen any Chinese (or any full Asians really) actresses? The 18-20 year olds will look like they're 12 lol. They need to increase that range to about 30.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I like this song from B&B.

Dan Stevens - Evermore

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Well took me a little over 2 months to finally watch it today. When I looked at the movie duration, I was "oh my that long" but the movie wasn't draggy at all to me, it was longer than the animated version because it covers what the animated version doesn't have so the storyline is more in depth for this movie which I thought was great, it explains why Belle likes roses, why the Beast was "the beast"...etc.

First thing that came up in my mind was "what would happen to Gaston if the Enchantress put a spell on him?" Will he be able to change? But as watching more into the movie, I was "why he so evil" lol. I am not sure if her spell would work on him lol.

I just realized that both Belle & the Beast are very much alike, they are lack in motherly love, their mothers were great mothers but weren't fortunate to be with them. Belle was raised by a caring father, the Beast was raised differently by his father.

I thought how in the book that Belle read, the main female character met her Prince in chapter 3, March...3 lol.

And last I wonder what it would be like if the actresses Emilia Clarke & Lily Collins played Belle because facial wise I think they look like the animated Belle more than Emma Watson because they both have big round eyes :confused12:.

Ms.Zoe

I'm most excited for MULAN! I love :icon12: the animated version, got the video cassette as a birthday present, that was so long ago lol. Oh how I adore Sheng, he was my first animated crush lol. Because of him, I'm like Mulan's grandma, sign me up for the army :D. I hope hope hope Asians for main characters roles, this is crucial and the plot will not get changed, this is also crucial.

Live action The Jungle Book movie is so so so good! I hope The Jungle Book 2 will be nothing less of the first one.

I'm thinking of watching Maleficent, I guess it is good since it will get a sequel.

I'm excited for The Lion King since the director for it is the same director of live action movie The Jungle Book. It will be interesting since in the Jungle Book there is Mowgli, a human but in the Lion King animated movie there were not any human :confused12:I think.

And what Snow White has a sister?!!!!! That will definitely be very interesting, a little like the animated movie Frozen, well I'm all for sisterly love & rescuing lol.

I can't believe they're remaking The Lion King! It is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies and will be directed by John Favreau, the guy who directed the remake of The Jungle Book :thumbup: :cheer: No release date yet though.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I just watched Mulan animation yesterday (I'm so late - I know) and it was really good! Haha the bathing scene and yes the grandma!!.. she is also hilarious when she yells out "would you like to stay forever ?" after Mulan asks Sheng if he'd like to stay for dinner.

I like Mulan ! She is one smart chick :)

Ms.Zoe

Has anyone came across about Beauty & the Beast as the tale of Stockholm Syndrome? :eek:...I was shocked when I knew about this; this had never crossed my mind before.

I post 2 links, one is why Beauty & the Beast is a tale of Stockholm Syndrome and the other is why it isn't.

https://moviepilot.com/posts/4217500/amp

http://thefederalist.com/2016/08/10...he-beast-is-not-a-tale-of-stockholm-syndrome/

The plot of Beauty & the Beast is somewhat similar to some lakorns' plots when the p'eks have the n'eks in his estates.