[Movie] Bhuppae Sunniwat 2(GDH): Pope Thanawat\Bella Ranee

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I was doubtful about Ice at first because I thought there were other promising young actors at Nadao/GDH that would've been better but listening to him describe his long audition process was interesting. I guess it worked out for the best and the cast worked well together.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I was doubtful about Ice at first because I thought there were other promising young actors at Nadao/GDH that would've been better but listening to him describe his long audition process was interesting. I guess it worked out for the best and the cast worked well together.
Indeed… I think one thing that seemed quite clear is that the director did have a clear vision of what he expected from the film and I respect him for that. I think he did mention before that Ice needed had to go for workshop to get the “idol training” out of him for the role. Just like Pope & Bella also had to go for workshop to get them out of “lakorn acting” habits for the movie.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Bella shared some BTS from the day of the gala premiere on her vlog. Pope was practically acting like a lunatic. :pancarta:

bit

sarNie Adult
Bella shared some BTS from the day of the gala premiere on her vlog. Pope was practically acting like a lunatic. :pancarta:

He made it more interesting, Bella must had his aprroval to be showing it.The guy is really private

Pope is what some people call showman, when he really wants to show it he can play up with with the camera, guess that was why he won the competition.

Love Destiny now had overthrow Dr Strange box office income.

P/s: Is Ploy dropping some subtle innuendos along the way? Hinting about Bella really wanting to be a mother and having Aff flowers as highlight at the end…hahaha

nat12

sarNie Adult
Yeah, I think in this vlog we can really see that he’s really playing it up for the camera. A lot of it is really just… if he doesn’t tease Bella, it’s like he can’t sleep at night. That’s what I would say to describe friends and family members who are natural pranksters like him. :nut:

I thought Ice lost his voice because he had to take over for Ink (who had COVID at the time of the movie premiere) and had other singing engagements. But I wonder how much shooting that show with Pope caused his sore throat. :pancarta: Really pity Ice.

That’s ironic that BPS2 has overtaken Dr Strange - considering I think the original release that would have made them direct competitors.

Lol we’ll have to see about Ploy’s innuendos, but I’m not sure how it links with Aff? :confused12:

bit

sarNie Adult
Yeah, I think in this vlog we can really see that he’s really playing it up for the camera. A lot of it is really just… if he doesn’t tease Bella, it’s like he can’t sleep at night. That’s what I would say to describe friends and family members who are natural pranksters like him. :nut:

I thought Ice lost his voice because he had to take over for Ink (who had COVID at the time of the movie premiere) and had other singing engagements. But I wonder how much shooting that show with Pope caused his sore throat. :pancarta: Really pity Ice.

That’s ironic that BPS2 has overtaken Dr Strange - considering I think the original release that would have made them direct competitors.

Lol we’ll have to see about Ploy’s innuendos, but I’m not sure how it links with Aff? :confused12:
Aff was seen giving support to Bella through IG during the whole breakup marriage news, and most reporters were highlighting it, it just that many people send flowers to them during the premier and she chose to highlight that one…LOL

nat12

sarNie Adult
Aff was seen giving support to Bella through IG during the whole breakup marriage news, and most reporters were highlighting it, it just that many people send flowers to them during the premier and she chose to highlight that one…LOL
Ohhh…. Good point. Aff probably empathised with Bella since the breakup. I just thought she highlighted those flowers because it came really late that night. Everything else came earlier.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Latest ep of Bella’s blog, BTS look at the movie fitting and those different movie poster shots.

nat12

sarNie Adult
No wonder the Thai cinemas are still showing it till the end of the month. I thought cos they’re trying to hit the 400 million mark. But I think they are willing cos they’re still earning from it.

bit

sarNie Adult
If including oversea income, they’ve already achieve the 400M mark. But they are still in the top 5 cinema income, so that is why probably most cinema still showing it.

nat12

sarNie Adult
If including oversea income, they’ve already achieve the 400M mark. But they are still in the top 5 cinema income, so that is why probably most cinema still showing it.
Oh for sure if including overseas income they would have achieved that already. It is just about to be released in Malaysia on 6 October. I think it will be at least the end of the year before we can see this in Netflix.

nat12

sarNie Adult
The movie will start screening this weekend in Indonesia. Ice & P’Ping the director are flying to Jakarta to do promos.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
It's a shame it won't be screened in China cause of China cracking down on the number of foreign films allowed and the time travel aspect. I would think it would do well there too since the tv series was popular.

But I guess there's always the streaming platforms for after.

nat12

sarNie Adult
It's a shame it won't be screened in China cause of China cracking down on the number of foreign films allowed and the time travel aspect. I would think it would do well there too since the tv series was popular.

Oh is that the reason? So, not even in HK? It’s sad cos they Pope-Bella have fans in China and the movie is already Chinese-subbed.
I wonder if GDH will be sending it for film festivals. I think Busan is coming up soon.

bit

sarNie Adult

Sometimes I don’t understand China administration motivation. What are they afraid of?

nat12

sarNie Adult
Sometimes I don’t understand China administration motivation. What are they afraid of?
It’s typical of authoritarian governments to want to control their people’s minds. The general concept is they don’t want their citizens to know/realise that life could be better than what they are currently experiencing. Because when they realise that and want it enough for them, that’s how protests and revolutions start.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Oh I don't know if that's the "official" or real reason-just my assumptions based on those 2 restrictions. China only allows like 20 foreign films a year or some really low number and a good % of them are probably Hollywood movies. The ban on time travel in movies/dramas is because it disrespects history.

And I think I remember in one of the director's interview he said that when GDH took the film to some industry event to sell, the buyer from China said they recognized the film because of how popular the drama was in China. I would think that would make it attractive to buyers? But since it wasn't sold I'm guessing it's due to restrictions and knowing that it wouldn't get past the gov.