My Bratty Assistant

suksuk

sarNie Hatchling
Per your request, tfilipina. ^_^ Posting it here for ya.
Please excuse any error you see while reading! :blush: I suck at writting and too darn lazy to double check. :p

Staring:

Ann Thongprasom
Dennis O'Neil
Poo Priya
Jason Young
Amy Ameila
Pat Napapa

Comedy/Romance
Rated: PG-13

Chapter 1

Ann Thongprasom was a very independent and head strong woman. She has no father and was raised by her mother. Her mother works in a flower shop and managed to save some money for Ann to finish school. It was a long and hard years for Mrs. Thongprasom. Because of her arrogance and stubbornness, Ann could not keep any job more than three days. Mainly it was because of her temper. It had been six months and she had gone through ten difference jobs. Feeling frustrated and worry for her mother’s health, she continued to look for a job, but could not find any that would hire her.

“What’s with the long face?”

Ann sighed loudly and pouted. “I don’t get it. I applied almost everywhere and not a single call back!” Her friends busted out laughing. “I am glad you find this funny.” Ann rolled her eyes.

“I am sorry, Ann.” Pat said smiling.

“You need to be patient.” Amy said. “You had a job. Well, jobs, but your temper got you fired.” She frowned.

“How was I supposed to know I can’t voice my opinion?” She said dryly.

“You can, but you don’t just go and tell them their products suck!” Both Pat and Amy laughed.

Ann sighed in frustration and putted her head on the table. She growled. “I need a job!”

“I know a place where you can get one.”

Ann’s head snapped up and she smiled with excitement. “Where?”

“Where I work, but upper.”

Ann wrinkled her eyes. “Upper? What do you mean upper?”

“My boss’s personal assistant.” Amy said.

“Yes, but with the rate she’s going I don’t think she can keep that job for more than three days.” Pat laughed.

“Shut up, Pat.” Ann scowled.

“It’s true.” Pat continued.

“I’ll poof you wrong, if they hire me.” Ann said with a sigh.

“Err…well, that could be a problem.” Amy smiled weakly.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I heard they hired five other candidates and they all quite on the first day!”

“Now, that’s a challenge.” Ann said with interest.

“This I like to see. Will Ann quite first or will they fire her first?” Pat busted out laughing just thinking about it.

Ann stood up. “You know what, I may just have to go and apply!”

“You will?” Amy stood up with a smile. Ann nodded. “Great! Here’s the application.” She said pulling out the paper from her purse. Both Ann and Pat looked at her weirdly. “Err…I know you were looking so when I found out they are hiring, I thought of you.” She smiled weakly.

“Thanks.” Ann smiled looking at the application in her hand.

It was only a day when Ann got a call for the new job she was applying for. It was too fast that Ann thought they must be desperate to hire someone. She was curious to know why everyone quite after only one day of work.

She got on the bus early the next morning for an interview. She stood in front of a tall building that read, ‘O’Neil Enterprise.’ The building was about twenty stories high. Ann took a deep breath and walked in the building.

The interview went great for Ann. She got hired on the spot and Ann thought it was a little odd, but didn’t think anything of it and was happy that she finally got a job.

She went home to break the good new to her mother.

Later that night her friend had stopped by to congratulate her for getting the job. Amy wasn’t surprise that Ann got the job because of what she had heard from her other co-workers.

“When do you start?”

“Tomorrow morning.”

“That soon?” Pat asked. “Wow that was fast.”

“Not really, someone started that same day of the interview.” Amy said quickly.

“By the way, I did some research and found out that your boss is very demanding.” Pat started. Ann arched her bow. “You should know, Amy. You work for him.”

Amy shrugged. “I work at the lower level and just greet customers. I’ve never met him in person.”

“Never?” Ann asked with her eyes wrinkled. “You never told me that.”

“You never ask. Beside, after all the things I heard, I am not sure if I want to meet him.”

“He is not that bad. I happen to think he’s very hot!” She winked and grinned.

Amy rolled her eyes. “Yeah, and would walk around with those high show girls in his arms.”

Pat grabbed Ann’s arm. “You’ll get to meet him tomorrow and I want all the detail!” She said with excitement.

“I don’t care what the guy look like or act like; all I care is the money that I’ll take home for my mom.” She grinned. “I have to say, the pay is a little high. But hey, I’ll take it.” She said greedily.

Amy and Pat shook their heads and rolled their eyes. This was the same Ann they went to school with. She stood up for them when they got pick on. She was willing to chase a guy down the road because he said she got a sour mouth. She stand up for what she believe and she get what she wants even if she have to fight for it.

pze

sarNie Adult
great start......continue.....

seems like dennis is gonna be one harsh dude....to get all the previous workers leaving so soon....

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
aaaahhhh!!! finally suksuk! heehee!!!
this is interesting! "i wanna know if you'll quit firsst or get fired first!" hahaha! i wanna know too!!! bet they'll be breaking each other's neck when they meet!

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
just love the poster!
oh, can anyone please post a pic of pat napapa and amy amelia. i wanna picture out what they look like. thanks!
ooohhh.. this is a comedy romance! yes! my fav genre!

suksuk

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 2

Ann got to work very early the next day. She wants to give a good first impression for her new employer. When she got their, she was greeted by a lady name Dao. Ann followed Dao to her office so she could go over her tasks and the responsibilities with Ann.

After a long discussion, Ann was overwhelmed. She thought most of her duties and tasks were normal, but some she found them odd and ridiculous.

Dao stood up abruptly and look at her watch. “Oh dear, we have to go. He should be here soon.” She rushed over to the door. Ann stood up. “Come on, we don’t want him to wait for us.” Ann nodded and rushed over.

Ann tried to keep up with Dao as she was walking really fast. Ann thought she was practically running down the hallway.

Dao stopped by the front desk by the big office. She turned to the receptionist and asked, “Is he in yet?” The girl nodded. “Damn, I didn’t expect him to be this early.” She turned to Ann who looked at her weirdly and wrinkled her eyes. “Remember, just nodded and do as he ask.” Ann nodded.

Dao knocked lightly on the door and entered. Ann followed closely behind her. As they walked in, Ann glanced around the room. It was a very big office. Ann thought the office was as big as her whole apartment. She peek her head out behind Dao. She could see a man was sitting behind a big desk by the big bay window. The view was beautiful from the window.

“You’re late!” He said sharply.

“I am sorry, Mr. O’Neil.” Dao said quickly. “I didn’t expect you to be here this early. Oh, and this is your new assistant, Ann Thongprasom.”

Ann stepped out from behind Dao. She looked up and met his gaze. She finally got a good look at him. He was young and damn, the handsomest man she had ever seen. His eyes piercing into hers, blushing she looked down at her feet.

Dennis leaned back into his chair. “You hired her to be my assistant?” He asked keeping his dark eyes on Ann. “If I need a bed buddy, I wouldn’t have asked you.”

Ann’s eyes flamed catching his meaning. How dare him? Who does he think he is? She thought angrily and opened her mouth to say something in response.

“I am sorry,” Dao said before Ann could get any word out. “Ann has all the experience she need to be a good assistant.” Dao smiled weakly. “If you could just give her a chance, I am sure you’ll like her.”

He grinned wickedly. “I am sure I will.” Ann’s eyes widen.

“Please, Mr. O’Neil.”

“Alright, first task, where is my coffee?” He asked.

Dao quickly turned to Ann. “Ann, get your boss a cup of coffee.” Dao pushed Ann toward the door. By the door, Dao whispered. “Remember what I told you about the coffee.” She pushed Ann out the door before Ann could response. Dao turned back to Dennis with a weak smile.

“She doesn’t look like she wants to be here.” Dennis said flatly. “I specifically told you to hire someone with experience and someone that can keep up with me.”

“Yes, but she’s the one. Just give her a chance.” Dao frowned.

Ann walked in with a cup of coffee in her hand. Dennis watched her as he made her way across the room and sat the cup of coffee on his desk and stepped back.

“I am over here, not over there.” He said. “You can’t expect me to drink it from here.”

Ann clenched her hands together trying to contain herself to not scream at him. She turned with a smile and moved the coffee cup close to him.

Dennis sighed and took a sip of his coffee. He immediately put it down. “What the hell is this?” He snapped at Ann.

Dao looked at Ann with a frown. “Did you remember to put only one spoon of sugar and three creams?” Ann looked at Dao blankly. Dao eyes widen in horror. “Oh Ann,” Dao turned to Dennis. “I’m sorry, I forgot to tell her.”

“I can make you another.” Ann started.

“Forget it!” Dennis said standing up. “First task and you failed! How can I expect you to do other tasks when you can’t even get me my coffee?”

“If you weren’t so picky…” Ann mumbled.

“What was that?” He looked at her with his eyes narrowed. Dao tugged at Ann’s arm. After a long hard look at Ann, Dennis finally said, “I’ll let this one go.” He said and made his way toward her. Ann kept her head down afraid she might explore if she look at him. “After all it was an honest mistake.” His voice was a little calm this time. He stopped in front of her and asked, “What is my schedule for today?”

Ann looked up and glanced over at her desk. It was empty and Dao had given her the planner, but she had forgotten it at Dao’s office. She must have set it on her desk and forgot to take it when they left.

She swallowed a lump in her throat before answered. “I don’t know. I…”

“What?!” He snapped. Ann jumped back. “What do you mean you don’t know?” He advanced and she stepped back not knowing what to say. “What kind of assistant are you to be so unorganized?”

“The kind that you’ll like once you get to know me?” She smiled innocently. His face flamed. Ann regrets her words after it left her mouth. She can’t believe what she had just said.

Dao closed her close praying and waiting for Ann to be fire on the spot.

“I am so sorry.” Ann raised her hands. “I forgot the planner at P’Dao’s office. I can go and get it.” She turned to leave.

“Stop right there!” He barked.

Ann stopped dead on her track, but her back stiffen. There goes my last job. She bit her lower lip not knowing what to do. Great, Pat is going to laugh at her for sure. Shit!

She turned to him. “Please, Mr. O’Neil…” She started.

“First you didn’t get my coffee right and now you lost your planner.”

“Misplace…” She said with her voice trail off after he burned her the look. She lowered her eyes to the floor. Ann na Ann, you have got to keep your mouth shut. She cursed under her breath.

“Go home!” He snapped at her. Ann jumped.

“Oh, please Mr. O’Neil, it was a little mistake. I am sure…”

“I am not talking to you!” He shot her a look. Dao lowered her head and looked at Ann with a frown.

Ann twitched her lips. She could not believe how unreasonable this O’Neil was. Sure he was the boss, but it doesn’t give him any right to treat her this way. She made a mistake, yes, but it wasn’t like she did it on purpose.

“You’re going to fire me?” She lifted her chin. “Go ahead! I wouldn’t want to work for you anyway!” She yelled.

“Excuse me?” Dennis asked dismay of what he had just heard.

“You know what, I quite!” She walked over to her desk and grabbed her purse.

“You can’t quite because you’re fired!” He barked.

“You can’t fire me because I quite first.” She continued toward the door.

“I see, it’s no wonder you can’t keep any of your previous jobs.” He said dryly.

Ann swirled around. “How did you know?”

“You think I would hire someone without checking into their previous jobs? You think I’m an idiot?”

“Close, I was thinking more…”

“Please, Ann.” Dao cut her off. “Mr. O’Neil, I am sure we can work this out. Ann didn’t mean to say what she said.”

“Alright, even if I hire her back I don’t think she can handle the job.” He sighed. “After all, she can’t keep any of her previous jobs.” He looked at her up and down. “Look can only get you so far you know.” He grinned.

Ann’s face reddened. “Why you…” She charged toward him with her purse and ready to hit him with it, but Dao hold her back.

All Dennis did was laughed. “If you are up for a challenge, be here tomorrow morning at 8:00am sharp. If you don’t think you can handle the job, don’t bother showing up.”

“We’ll just see about that!” She snapped and turned toward the door. She slammed the door behind her as she marched down the hall in anger.

Dennis was still laughing when Dao slummed down on the chair. “I don’t get it, Mr. O’Neil. You know how hard it is for me to look for an assistant for you? I don’t have time to look for another assistant for you.” She frowned.

Dennis sat down in his chair. “Don’t worry; you don’t need to look for another.” Dao frowned. “If I think correctly, she’ll be back.” He grinned.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
lol...this is so funny...ann just lost her job, but got it back quickly...when i was reading this, i was smiling so much...

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
I'm drooling over here thinking about Dennis in a suit... looking sharp and fine... makes me wanna :drool:

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
aaah! she was cheating trying to quit first before he fires her! haha!

noy, you're saliva's dripping! no, flowing is more like it! hahaha!

suksuk

sarNie Hatchling
I'm drooling over here thinking about Dennis in a suit... looking sharp and fine...
See this--->>> :drool: :drool: That man is to die for! :wub:

Thanks for checking in ladies! ^_^

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
aaah! she was cheating trying to quit first before he fires her! haha!

noy, you're saliva's dripping! no, flowing is more like it! hahaha!
:lol: Sorry, forgot to wipe my saliva. :loool: Makes me wanna rawr him... :drool:

See this--->>> :drool: :drool: That man is to die for! :wub:

Thanks for checking in ladies! ^_^
Oh gosh he is... he's like perfect in every way... OMG, after reading your fic before going to sleep last night, He appeared in my dream. :wub: :ph34r: I thought it was real!! Shoot it felt real... he was just so dreamy... *faint*

suksuk

sarNie Hatchling
Finally get to update! ^_^ Enjoy!

Chapter 3

Ann marched out of the building in anger. Who does he think he is? Hell if I’ll come back here again. She mumbled to herself.

On the way home, Ann thought of her next move. How was she going to tell her mother and where can she get a job that will pay her enough for her mother to quite her job?

Ann couldn’t tell her mother and she wasn’t planning on telling her just yet. Amy and Pat came over to find out how her job was.

“I knew it!” Pat laughed.

“Shhhh…” Ann gave her a warning look. “I didn’t tell my mom yet.” She whispered.

“Sooner or later she’ll find out.”

“Did you quite or you get fired?” Amy asked.

Ann sighed and leaned back against her chair. “I don’t know. I guess, I quite first, well maybe not. He did tell me to go home.” Ann wrinkled her eyes thinking back of what had happened.

“What do you mean?” Amy eyes narrowed as she glanced at Pat who was shrugging.

“He said if I’m up for a challenge, I should go back tomorrow.” She said dryly.

“So he didn’t fire you.” Amy smiled brightly. Ann shook her head. “Great!” Amy clasped her hand together. “You should go back.”

“And quite again.” Pat chuckled.

“I’ve thought about it. I need money right now and I can’t have my mom working for the rest of her life.”

“So you’re going back?”

Ann nodded. “Yep, for three month and I’ll quite!” She grinned.

Amy looked at Pat. They stared at her with puzzlement. “Why three months? Why not work for a long time?”

“Because I don’t think I can work with that man. Hack, I don’t even know if I can stand working with him for three months!” She threw up her hand.

“That still doesn’t explain why only three months.”

Ann giggled. “I need to work there long enough for me to claim unemployment.” She grinned. “I’ll try to stay there as long as I could and when my probation is up, I’ll just get him to fire me.”

“I can’t believe you’ll do that.” Amy said.

“Why not?” She shrugged. “I couldn’t get unemployment from those other jobs because I didn’t stay long enough. While collecting unemployment, I’ll just look for a new job.” She said brightly.

“I bet you won’t last to make it three months.” Pat challenged.

“I bet you, I will.” Ann said lifting her chin. Amy frowned.

Next morning, Ann got to work very early. Dao was surprised to see Ann but was glad that she showed up.

“Once you get to know him, you’ll like him.” Dao smiled.

“I don’t think I will, but I need the money.” Ann smiled weakly. “I don’t think he likes me either.”

“It will take sometime, but everything will be fine.”

“Thanks. I better get to my desk before he shows up.” Ann stood up and left.

When Ann got the Dennis’s office, the girl at the front told her that Dennis just got in. Ann quickly made a cup of coffee and walked in the office.

She stopped by the door for a moment. Dennis was looking down at the report on his desk. She gave him a hard stare before letting out a deep breath and slowly making her way toward him. She sat the coffee in front of him, on top of his report.

Dennis looked and was not please with what she did. “Don’t you have any manner?” He said harshly. “Can’t you see I am reading this?”

Her eyes flashed hot. “You need to make up your mind.” She said through clenched teeth. “Here or there?” She pointed at his desk.

Dennis leaned back against his chair. “You need to change that attitude of yours. It’s no wonder you can’t keep a single job.” Ann scowled. He leaned forward and said in a low, cold voice, “Don’t think I won’t fire you.”

Ann clenched and unclenched her hands forcing her temper to stay under control. You can do this Ann, only three months and you’re free. Just do as he said for now. She thought to herself. She let out a breath slowly and forced a smile.

“I am sorry, Mr. O’Neil. I won’t argue with you again.”

“Good.” He said with a satisfying smile. “Sit down.” His expression turned serious. “Before we begin, you need to know a few things.”

“You mean like a thick folder of things.” She said under her breath while sitting down across from him.

“What was that?”

“Nothing.” She smiled weakly, but quickly wiped her smile when he scowled at her.

“Where ever I go, you go. You need to be right there next to me at all time just in case I need you.” Ann nodded. “Aren’t you going to write this down?”

“Err…” Ann stared at him blankly.

“Do I have to tell you everything?”

Ann opened her mouth to argue, but decided not to. “Right away, Mr. O’Neil.”

Dennis watched her with amusement. His face quickly turned serious when she came back with paper and pencil in her hand.

“Alright, from now on you need to arrive at my house at 7:00am sharp.” Ann frowned with puzzlement. “I guess Dao did not inform you that I hardly come to my office.” He pushed forward a sheet of paper. “My address.” Ann stared at it for a moment. “You got a problem?”

Problem? Are you kidding me? First of all, its way too early and I better get pay for it and second, the bus does not go that way. That mean I have to take a taxi and that cost money! But she slowly shook her head. “No, no problem.” She said with a weak smile.

“Good.” He stood up. “Lets get going, I have a meeting to attend to and we are already late.”

Ann quickly grabbed her things and headed toward the door. Dennis stopped and turned to her. “Don’t forget those.” He pointed at six thick binders on his desk.

Ann glanced at his desk with a frown. She lifted one up and it was heavy. She stacked them on her arm and walked out of the door.

With those heavy binders in her arm, Ann was having a hard time keeping up with him. He was very tall and his legs are very long. Two of his steps equal to four of her steps, she practically have to run after him.

The meeting was held across town. They had to get in the car and drove there.

Dennis pulled up in front of a big building and got out. He made his way to the front entrance. He stopped and turned to Ann. “You can leave those in the car.” He said after she had carried them out of the car.

Ann sighed and walked back to the car and put them in the back seat. Just when she got to the front door, Dennis turned to her again. “Wait, maybe I do need that other folder; the thin red one.” Ann rolled her eyes in annoyance and walked back to the car. “Wait!” Ann stopped abruptly. “Never mind.”

Damn him! She cursed under her breath and continued to the car and grabbed the single folder out.

They walked in the building, it was very big inside and the building was about five stories high. Dennis turned to her. “Get to the conference room. I’ll meet you there.” And he left without giving her the chance to ask any question or reply.

“Wait!” She called after him, but he was already turned the corner and gone. “Where the hell is this conference room?” She mumbled to herself looking around.

Ann spent thirty minutes looking for the conference room. When she was about to give up, she ran into a worker there.

“Miss, do you know where the conference for Mr. O’Neil is?”

The woman thought about it for a second and answered, “That should be on the fifth floor.”

“Thank you.” She turned toward the elevator.

“Wait, that elevator is not working. You will have to take the stairs.”

Damn! She looked up at the long stairway. If this is what I have to put up with for three months, I am not sure if I can take this! She thought in frustration. She took a breath and continued up the stairs.

In the conference room, Dennis was wondering where Ann was. The meeting was already started and he didn’t have any information to present. It was with Ann, in that red folder.

Twenty minutes later, Ann stumbled into the room with her hand covering her chest as she tried to catch her breath. Everyone was silent as they all turned toward her. Feeling embarrassed, she swallowed nervously and quickly took a seat next to Dennis. The meeting continued on.

Leaning toward her and whispered, “Where have you been?”

“If someone would tell me where the conference was, I would have been here sooner.” She said through clenched teeth.

“We will talk about this later.” He gave her a dark look.

Ann pouted and turned away from him. The young man sat across from her gave her a warm smile and seem to be amusement by her entrance.

After the meeting, Dennis stopped to talk to Ann by his car just outside the building.

“What took you so long? You could have cost me a lot of money for being late!”

“Who was the one that rush off without telling me where this meeting was?” She snapped.

“You’re smart; you should be able to figure that out!” He shot back. “Or are you too dumb to figure it out?”

Ann was so angry she was shaking. She swore steams were coming out of her ears. With her face bright red she shot back, “I am not stupid, but you are too thick headed to realize that I have never been here before.”

Dennis was now equally angry at her action. “If you say you are not stupid, why is it so hard to do this easy task?”

Ann opened her mouth to argue, but was interrupted by someone.

“Hey, Dennis.” A young man approached them.

“Jason.” Dennis said giving Ann a hard stared. Ann scowled and looked away.

“And you are?” He smiled warmly at Ann.

“Ann, his dumb and stupid assistant.” She said dryly looking at Dennis angrily. Jason arched his bow looking at Dennis.

“Watch your tongue or you’ll get fired.”

“Pardon me, your highness.”

Dennis got angry, but before he could response Jason stepped in front of him. “Hey now, let grab some lunch.”

It took awhile before he slowly nodded. “Go back to the office and finish up the paper work.” Dennis said to Ann. “I expect you to be at work 7:00am sharp tomorrow morning. If you’re late, you’ll get fire!” He walked to the driver side.

“How am I supposed to get back to the office?”

“You said it yourself, you are not stupid. I am sure you’ll find a way back.” He got in the car with his friend and drove off.

“Damn you!” She yelled after the car. “Arrgh!”

Ann paced the sidewalk trying hard to control her temper. Never in her life had she came across anyone as arrogance and thick headed as Dennis.

artica

sarNie Egg
WOW! let the battle begin! the next chapter will be interesting. please update soon. and i love your story.