Nang Sib Song w/ENG SUBS

yak

sarNie Adult
Lol.. Your not the only one.. I'm not thai but can understand a little bit.. But I would love to learn thai.. At the same time I want someone in person teaching me not computer or tapes.. Lol.. They most of the time translated it wrong or so..

mia07

Introvert
Lol.. Your not the only one.. I'm not thai but can understand a little bit.. But I would love to learn thai.. At the same time I want someone in person teaching me not computer or tapes.. Lol.. They most of the time translated it wrong or so..
Yeah, that's so true. And sometimes, their translations are way off from what it really means.
I'm having my sister teach me more since she understands alot of it, just from watching borans.
Also, I have other brothers and sisters who also know and understand Thai, too. =) So sad
that I'm not one of them because it would be so much easier for me, but I'm catching up. I just
started going back to watch borans now, since in the past, I was more Americanized and into
American movies though they're not bad themselves, but it's always a good thing to be interested
in other foreign films and understand what they say. I dislike it when I don't know what they say and
you have to ask alot of questions - I like to watch it quietly by myself without any hassle.
You could still learn Thai; you must not have someone to teach you, huh?

mia07

Introvert
nope.. no one never tought me thai.. i learnt it on my own.. i was watching sung tong.. and caught some words.. lol.. since then i kinda understand it.. but if they use like the heavy words.. then.. uh.. help! lol
LOL. I feel the same way, too. The parts that I don't understand is in the old borans where they narrate the part about what's happening. They use alot of metaphors like how Hollywood movies do to theirs. Otherwise, I know what everything else is and what they're saying. I just have to say, it will take time, since you're only learning it from watching boran lakorns. LOL. Otherwise, you can go watch the regular lakorns with english subtitles on it and learn from there, but I'm not sure if you are interested in regular lakorns. LOL. Me, I don't like them as much as I like borans! Most of the regular lakorns has almost the same storyline and borans - they think outside of the box! =D

yak

sarNie Adult
[quote name='-ohMAIVdarlin'' post='603381' date='May 1 2009, 07:10 AM']LOL. I feel the same way, too. The parts that I don't understand is in the old borans where they narrate the part about what's happening.
They use alot of metaphors like how Hollywood movies do to theirs. Otherwise, I know what everything else is and what they're saying.
I just have to say, it will take time, since you're only learning it from watching boran lakorns. LOL. Otherwise, you can go watch the regular
lakorns with english subtitles on it and learn from there, but I'm not sure if you are interested in regular lakorns. LOL. Me, I don't like them
as much as I like borans! Most of the regular lakorns has almost the same storyline and borans - they think outside of the box! =D[/quote]

He he he.. Same here!

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I'm not thai either...lolz...but i've been watching thai movies starting with boran only to modern lakorns ever since i was in pre school. So i understand quick a bit of thai. but ueah starting a subbing team with be awsome but then agian i'm really busy nowadays and it would take alot of time out of each person's day. I want to sub a boran lakorn...but man no time.

mia07

Introvert
I'm not thai either...lolz...but i've been watching thai movies starting with boran only to modern lakorns ever since i was in pre school. So i understand quick a bit of thai. but ueah starting a subbing team with be awsome but then agian i'm really busy nowadays and it would take alot of time out of each person's day. I want to sub a boran lakorn...but man no time.
LOL. I know, it does take a lot of time. =) I asked my sister to help me, but she was like in a year or two. LOL. I was like, that's too long. I don't know if I will still be interested in doing it anymore if I wiated that long. But, hopefully, I can get started on it soon. My older brothers and sisters does know Thai, so they will help me on it. And if I do get the chance after I've completed it, hopefully, I can upload it. I've seen people sub only modern lakorns, but no one seem to be interest in subbing borans, so this would actually be the first! =)