Need Some Opinion

mokka

sarNie Adult
I wanna say yes... if you really meant it... i mean i do every now and then... don't know if it helps but yeah

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
well you can't only pray... during new year time you need to feed them and send them money too.
it's a give and get policy too.. hehehe...
as long as you take care of your ancestral spirits with respect, I am sure they will help you in return.. that's what I think I believe..

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I was wondering does it really work if you pray to your ancestors asking for help?
Like someone mention, you can't just pray & or asked your ancestors to help for free. That won't work.
You actually have to offer them money & food, if whatever you asked for succeeds, then you will have
to give them whatever you offer them. If you don't, you get the consequences but to answer your question.
Does it really work? yes it does, if you believe in it.

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
Like someone mention, you can't just pray & or asked your ancestors to help for free. That won't work.
You actually have to offer them money & food, if whatever you asked for succeeds, then you will have
to give them whatever you offer them. If you don't, you get the consequences but to answer your question.
Does it really work? yes it does, if you believe in it.
So if I ask for some help, I would offer them like I do during the New Year with food and money or can I just do food?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
So if I ask for some help, I would offer them like I do during the New Year with food and money or can I just do food?
Yes, you will have to offer them food & money like the New Year. I'm not sure about offering just one or both but i think its best to offer food and money, that way whatever you asked for. They will help you. And whenever my parents asked for help, they offer both because food and money is not a big deal. As long as the ancestors is willing to help. Hope this helps. :D

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
Yes, you will have to offer them food & money like the New Year. I'm not sure about offering just one or both but i think its best to offer food and money, that way whatever you asked for. They will help you. And whenever my parents asked for help, they offer both because food and money is not a big deal. As long as the ancestors is willing to help. Hope this helps. :D
Thanks so much for your reply. But sorry for so many questions, but do you know do I pray silently to myself or do I say it outloud? What materials do I need? Anyone knows?

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
It really depends on what you are asking for...

You should really ask an elder who knows more about the topic..

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Thanks so much for your reply. But sorry for so many questions, but do you know do I pray silently to myself or do I say it outloud? What materials do I need? Anyone knows?
hehe its okay.
you have to say it out-loud, if you are shy. do it when no one is home. lol

Materials: when my mom does it, she has these paper, its supposed to be money. its square and you
get it from the asian store. lol

Something like this but smaller.

You also need a couple incense.

You light them up and call for the ancestors that you are giving them however many pieces of paper (money) and for them
to come get it && help you blah blah blah..& if whatever suceeds. you will give them blah blah blah..(food & money) LOL
(Keep in mind, its only to help you achieve in good things. if you asked for something bad, you can get the consequences so be careful for what you asked from them. hehe)

Hope this helps, if not. Asking an elder helps a lot. :D

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
hehe its okay.
you have to say it out-loud, if you are shy. do it when no one is home. lol

Materials: when my mom does it, she has these paper, its supposed to be money. its square and you
get it from the asian store. lol

Something like this but smaller.

You also need a couple incense.

You light them up and call for the ancestors that you are giving them however many pieces of paper (money) and for them
to come get it && help you blah blah blah..& if whatever suceeds. you will give them blah blah blah..(food & money) LOL
(Keep in mind, its only to help you achieve in good things. if you asked for something bad, you can get the consequences so be careful for what you asked from them. hehe)

Hope this helps, if not. Asking an elder helps a lot. :D

Lol thank you so much for your help, and I'm sure an elder can help too. :)

narita4u

sarNie Egg
well you can't only pray... during new year time you need to feed them and send them money too.
it's a give and get policy too.. hehehe...
as long as you take care of your ancestral spirits with respect, I am sure they will help you in return.. that's what I think I believe..

narita4u

sarNie Egg
Pray is a belief, it is religion. It doesn't matter praying for Jusus, ancestor or praying for a mountain, a river, a tree is still a belief.

When you belief then that belief makes you happy and your blood do not clog that is make you get better. When you pray for something and you believe and happy with it then it is good. But praying and doing nothing. it doesn't matter who you pray or believe things will never get better.

For me, whatever you happy, you can pray or believe anthing as long as you have that belief in your inner-self.
Good luck