Netgear Router

fun

Expired Sarnie
Okay so I came back from my spring break, realized that my brother bought a new router. I cannot access the internet. It works on my sister's laptop and all the iphones in the house. Turned off everything for a minute including the modem. Set everything up again. Still nothing. It says I'm connected but I still can't get on the internet. All the bars are light up. I don't know what is going on. I found out that the router is not compatible, the model is not listed. So do I have to purchase a new router or can I just download something to make it compatible with my laptop? I don't really want to spend money on a new router.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Hey fun,

You still having issues?

I don't know why your laptop isn't working but it should. There shouldn't be anything majorly different between the different type of routers (unless you go really highend).

You have to test it out. For example after you connect, what IP do you get? can you ping a site using the command windows? How about pinging an IP outside the house (IE ping 208.77.209.3 (this is AF IP).

fun

Expired Sarnie
Haven't been on the internet lately. And if I am, I am on my sister's laptop. Not just my laptop but my brother as well. When I am at school, I can connect to a wifi, so I don't know what is wrong with the new router. I reset everything, still nothing.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Did you put a password on it? Try disabling that if you do and see if that works.

You have to troubleshoot this.

Can you actually connect to it? Like your laptop will say connected but you can't get out.

Whats your IP after you connect? You need to answer these questions.