New Horror Hmong Movie Coming Soon: Nkauj Nyab

nkaujhmoob_vaj

sarNie Hatchling
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw the movie you guys!!! i went down to NC new year and my little cousin bought the movie...
and man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CREEPY!!!

it's really not all that scary... but it's creepy... and the special effects were great! i loved how they did hnub li's make up too... they really made her look dead...

but overall... the movie isn't bad... however i wished they could have extended the scary scenes a little bit more...

but it was also sad too... cause she really loved him and waited for him even after she died...

i heard that this was a true story... my aunt knows the true story and it's soooooooo SCARY!

nkaujhmoob_vaj

sarNie Hatchling
this is why you dont say creepy shit like that when your "in love"
it will always come back and haunt you down HAHAHAHAHAHA
true, true, true...

that's why u don't make promises and you don't drink each other's blood... that shit is scary!

i swear... hmong culture has some werid shit...

kalaya

sarNie Egg
this movie is cool..i'm looking forward to watch this movie...
this is one of the hmong movie that i have seen and it doesn't look stupid...
i'll say this is a great movies...because i love watching ghost movie....

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
wow!! this "NKAUJ NYAB" movie is pretty good.. very scary. lol but for it to hit the theaters.. they gotta re-do some scenes. lol ( the part she walked out of da camera when she knew the two guys were coming towards her and her bf's way.)

on the other hand, i dont like the ending. movie was good from beginning to middle but the ending.. not really. i expected a better ending. and if it was to hit the theaters. non-hmong will not understand the ending..unless you explain it to them.. lol :D

moonstar

sarNie Adult
Like what the director said, they couldn't and didn't want to do some scary parts due to culture and religion issues. I guess they didn't want ghost to chase after them, which I found reasonable why they choose not to include drum, qeej, and funeral stuff. They didn't want any harmful things to happen to their casts.

4y0u1lL

sarNie Egg
I almost barfed.

It was not even a tad scary but the story itself is so much more creepier.

And yeah I know the director/producer had their reason... after what happen to Kws Lis. I don't know if the humor was true or not but after playing Nkauj something... he ... uh... I guess I don't need to say since this was long ago.

moonstar

sarNie Adult
I almost barfed.

It was not even a tad scary but the story itself is so much more creepier.

And yeah I know the director/producer had their reason... after what happen to Kws Lis. I don't know if the humor was true or not but after playing Nkauj something... he ... uh... I guess I don't need to say since this was long ago.
I never heard about this. What happened to him?

MaGic*_*

sarNie Egg
face is blue, she talks slow and kinda give u the creep... but wish it was better...we need more scary scene...more and a lots MORE...i need all the scary thrill i can get...make my money worth it or something ppl....

like many of them said, not worth having 2 parts... :D

those stuff that the user MOONstar just stated it...it's all in the mind...American ppl do tones of movie and nothing ever occurred like that...Hmong ppl tense to make up things sometime...have u realize that? if they can't make those scene for us, why be a producer?

our MOVIE media need much improvement and i hope our movie media are able to accept these thoughts and concerns into consideration in the near future movie making.

if u are not giving us enough thrill through the scene/movie, PLEASE do not charge too much so u can make profit... :D

4y0u1lL

sarNie Egg
Western writers/producers/directors/ect, they don't believe in things we believe in. Even Thai people have to perform some ceremony before filming. And I agree, if it wasn't allowed to film such movie, why would they produced it in the first place.

I liked the movies in the early and mid 90's. I am tired of seeing the same thing over and over with Hmong movies:

1) Old people bickering about wife 1 and wife 2 :angry:

2) Love, married someone else, return, love again. :wacko:

^two of my most hated theme in a Hmong movies. BORING!!!

Okay what I heard that happen to Kws Lis, after the movie, he became weird. A few even assume to believe that he drinks animal blood at night. <-- Kind of hard to believe but that is what I heard. They had a shaman do stuff to him and I don't know what happen after that. But last yer I've seen him at the New Years and he looked fine to me.

s395299

sarNie Egg
I haven't seen the moivie yet but my brother says its pretty good...well about Kws Lis being all crazy after doing his movie is very true my uncle is best friends with him and starred in some of his movies told us that he started acting weird like distancing himself from other people, he tore a chicken apart and started drinking its blood, he ran away from the villiage and took off his clothes...well yeah they said and it's not made up or anything so i'm just saying that weird things could happen to you if you do things thst your not suppose to because of your culture...

MaGic*_*

sarNie Egg
omg...

you people believed too many things...ITS ALL IN THE MIND! i gotta see it to believed it...PERIOD.

by the way, NKAUJ NYAB is two parts...

my SUGGESTION for you is...just go borrow, save your money for gas so u can go visit your gf or bf... cause now a day, GAS is pretty expensive but thank god, its drop a bit...only if u lived near me, i woulda lean it to u or even burn it for you...but shhh...LMAO...

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Can't remember if I already comment on this movie and I'm too lazy to browse back...so...

I didn't like this movie. I don't know why? It wasn't scary either.

Kelly

Ahaha this use to be a bed time story for me. I would have my dad tell it to me even tho I was so scared LOL. I think it originated from a Lao's story. Kuc when my dad told it. The guys name was I-ya or something lol. I think he got out kuc he lied to her that he had to pee so she tied him with his long thing that hmong people use to wrap their waist with. But it untied it when he got outside n tied it to a pole lol.