New Server! and some news

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
I want my own website, but I have no ideas what you guys are talking about. :scratchhead2: :nailbiter:

So I'll just stick to whatever website you're all will comes up with. :thumbsup:

darvil

sarNie Adult
Maya,

This is about people coming up with their own websites ;) wordpress/forums based sites that is.

I'm not creating any more sites.. just creating the space so people can do their own things within this space.

cecilia

Staff member
^i want some spaces when you're ready ^^ lol
if it work out with my plan -- then i'll cancel my storage plane with doteasy *muahahaha*
i feel bad, taking advantage of this but thanks PLENTY in advance na kha ^^

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Not so easy to do.. but I'm gonna try some stuff.

By the way, what do you guys think AFN? AsianFuse network ;)
OMG, I was totally joking, but you're actually considering to "try some stuff". hahaha Um, in that case, i better get a cut for being brilliant!

AFN works to me...it's sounds like effin...you know, like f'in'. LOL

darvil

sarNie Adult
FYI,

Its almost ready.. I've been testing it and its doing well.

I can even setup reseller accounts pretty much. I don't know though. For that there is gonna be a bit of a trust factor involved for that. But the regular site hosting is pretty much ready to go. Initially I'll restrict it to wordpress and forums stuff only. But those of you know me, you can ask me for other stuff ;)

I'm going to have to do a simple page on asianfuse.net main domain which explain this in details and the requirements. I was actually going to use that for another project but I think I can put my new project on sharerice and integrate the forum into it remotely.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Cecil,

Are you moving a site over? or do you just need online space? or both? lol

I'll setup another VM for space if thats what going to use it for mainly. Yes and no BW limit on that. But we're going to have to split it if its both.. but nothing hard to do. Just an extra FTP account you're going to need to remember.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol you can trust me! But, it's almost ready already? Nice... Lol you must have worked hard on it ;p. I has a project in mind, but I will wait. I have to finish the radio stuff lmao. But April is almost over. this weekend is the last Lao new years celebration LOL.

cecilia

Staff member
Darv, if i move over .. does it means my link will be something like this? yadech.asianfuse.net or just simply yadech.com? please elaborate a little more on this --

Sorry, i'm still a little confuse on this whole switch over --- i need space to host the extra files i need to have display and like i mentioned, i need that traffic thing so that if i were to have one too many visitors the site won't crash on me.

Anyway, thanks so much for doing all these -- i feel like -- the more i know the more confuse i am. lol

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Cecelia if you move over it will be Yadech.com it would only be yadech.asianfuse.net if you haven't purchased your own domain, but since you already own it all you would need to do is change the nameserver in your domain control panel and start using the one that Darv gives you

darvil

sarNie Adult
Cecil, Tina is right. All you need to do is to switch nameservers. Actually you don't even need to do that. Most registrar will have DNS management which I suggest instead. You just point it to the puen VPS that I've setup it'll be just like the other stuff.

Now if you want files for BW, what you'd need to do is to make an A record on your DNS (same dns management) and then you point that A record (for example files.yadech.com, I'll give you the IP to point it to). Then you ftp in and upload your files and link it from that subdomain (A record).

Easy enough yea?

cecilia

Staff member
Cecil, Tina is right. All you need to do is to switch nameservers. Actually you don't even need to do that. Most registrar will have DNS management which I suggest instead. You just point it to the puen VPS that I've setup it'll be just like the other stuff.

Now if you want files for BW, what you'd need to do is to make an A record on your DNS (same dns management) and then you point that A record (for example files.yadech.com, I'll give you the IP to point it to). Then you ftp in and upload your files and link it from that subdomain (A record).

Easy enough yea?
too new at this whole switching .. i think i'll read this over and think it through tomorrow as right now .. nothing comes clear in my head lol
however, i do get the first part of what you and tina explain ja. Thank you na kha ..

I'll register this tomorrow in my head and figure out what to do on the 2nd part (which i'm confuse atm lol)

darvil

sarNie Adult
Its really easy. You don't need to do the 2nd part but even if you do its very easy ;)

Anyway, I'm ready for you at least. You'll be the first official inductee if you want to do this.

cecilia

Staff member
okay ja .. i'll be your first (that sounds weird lol) but yeah -- let me know what to do next then? should i cancel my hosting plan but keep my domain with dot easy then?

darvil

sarNie Adult
Yes, you can cancel your hosting.

Take a look at what doteasy has for DNS controls.

Whats the domain again? yadech.com?

Tina, I'll make you a reseller account ;) Just come and talk to me when you're ready.